This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krankeybluechick View Post
    Well they don't plow our side streets until last. They say they need to get the main roads first but what the **** good is that if you can't get off your street. By the time I'm done shoveling my driveway they plow the snow back in front of it.
    Yea, the small town I'm in right now, they don't have a large highway dept, and if we get a big storm, my road wont get plowed until like 9pm, as if that's any help to anyone.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Well they don't plow our side streets until last. They say they need to get the main roads first but what the **** good is that if you can't get off your street. By the time I'm done shoveling my driveway they plow the snow back in front of it.
      At least they don't fine you for the privilige of shovelling it away again.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        At least they don't fine you for the privilige of shovelling it away again.
        Did people complain? Im sure the city had to have some backlash from this.

Comment

• I'm just not looking forward to this winter it's suppose to be brutal here this year. FML
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            Did people complain? Im sure the city had to have some backlash from this.
            Yes, people complained. Everyone on my street who went in to fight it won. The city doesn't care about complaints, they are so desparate for money they will do anything. 3 years ago in an attempt to raise more they shorted the yellow light time on a lot of the cameraed lights in center city.

Comment

I'm just not looking forward to this winter it's suppose to be brutal here this year. FML
              Stock up on hot chocolate and warm socks. I like to sit on my roof bundled up with my hot choclate and watch the snow fall.

Comment

Yes, people complained. Everyone on my street who went in to fight it won. The city doesn't care about complaints, they are so desparate for money they will do anything. 3 years ago in an attempt to raise more they shorted the yellow light time on a lot of the cameraed lights in center city.
                Yea Philly is a **** hole all right.

Comment

3 years ago in an attempt to raise more they shorted the yellow light time on a lot of the cameraed lights in center city.
                  There's a big issue with that on LI from what I recall.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Stock up on hot chocolate and warm socks. I like to sit on my roof bundled up with my hot choclate and watch the snow fall.
                    Hot chocolate and rum! lol
                    sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

Yea Philly is a **** hole all right.
                        It isn't, yet anyway. I've lived in a few cities and I really like living here. The local gov't is working hard to destroy that though. The city isn't a great place to visit as compared to many, but it is a better place to live.

Comment

• I live in a small town they have think its three trucks they take care of the primary roads first and then do the less traveled secondary roads last.. They don't take the snow away like in the cities its just pushed off to the side of the road... I don't always wait for our road to get done before I clean up here which means I sometimes have to go back and clean out the ends...Different story for people in the city much like J-Mike they have to take care of the sidewalk in front of their business or home. The further go get from the city center the more chance they use machines to clean the sidewalks simply because there is more room to operate removal machines.. Jeez you guys are getting snow already that sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            There's a big issue with that on LI from what I recall.
                            They justified it by saying it makes it safer, since they left the time between green lights the same, just shortened the yellow light time. They only did it to increase the number of tickets they can give out. Luckily that one never effected me, but someone I work with gets a ticket every few weeks, she says the alternative is to slam on the breaks and get hit.

Comment

They justified it by saying it makes it safer, since they left the time between green lights the same, just shortened the yellow light time. They only did it to increase the number of tickets they can give out. Luckily that one never effected me, but someone I work with gets a ticket every few weeks, she says the alternative is to slam on the breaks and get hit.
                              Same thing with the cameras. Ehh we are all to blame. We vote for these losers.

Comment

Same thing with the cameras. Ehh we are all to blame. We vote for these losers.
                                The cameras were a good idea. A lot of those intersections were a problem. Even following the lights you were taking your life in your hands trying to cross before them. Because they are such busy intersections that the police were left with the choice of being exceedingly lenient with violations, or cause more traffic issues by trying to enforce it. So basically everyone ignored the traffic laws in many of those locations throughout the day knowing most likely it wouldn't get enforced. Drivers may have liked that situation, but people like me who walk everywhere hated it. Now, people try very hard to obey the lights and it is much safer. You still won't get pulled over, but any time you drive through, you will get a ticket, there is no getting away with it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X