This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Thats a good point. I thought he was awful last year so this year has been a nice surprise. Like you said, hopefully he can become some type of leader. Lawd knows this defense needs one.
    He was definitely not awful last year. He wasn't used correctly, first of all. He's a ball hawk, who is "ok" in coverage. He seemed to find himself in every play on the ball last year....
    He was left exposed on plays where the corner dumped off and the safety came over the top to help. Not something I'd trust a rookie to be good at reading.
    That said, he still stopped those plays after catch usually lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      He's a ball hawk, who is "ok" in coverage. He seemed to find himself in every play on the ball last year....
      I think a "ballhawk" is more a player who frequently breaks up passes or comes up with interceptions (being in the right spot on tips is more luck). Unless you mean getting to the RB quickly and making those stops?
      Anyway, he's looking to be a key player and possible leader at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        I think a "ballhawk" is more a player who frequently breaks up passes or comes up with interceptions (being in the right spot on tips is more luck). Unless you mean getting to the RB quickly and making those stops?
        Anyway, he's looking to be a key player and possible leader at this point.
        I think of it as a guy whos in on EVERY damn play. He just knows where to be.
        You ain't wrong though, for sure. I just think what you're describing is a coverage guy, which you dont really expect a SS to be.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• shut up pizz.

Comment

I think of it as a guy whos in on EVERY damn play. He just knows where to be.
            You ain't wrong though, for sure. I just think what you're describing is a coverage guy, which you dont really expect a SS to be.
            I call that good instincts. I've always thought "ballhawk" referred to a player who made a lot of interceptions and plays on the ball.

Comment

shut up pizz.
              shut the **** up Donny......you're out of your element
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                I've always thought "ballhawk" referred to a player who made a lot of interceptions and plays on the ball.
                It is.

Comment

• FFS it's like 100 degrees in this ****ing place!!!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

FFS it's like 100 degrees in this ****ing place!!!
                    Mines freezing. Well the door is open, we had a leak over night. I walk into work with my head up my ***, open the door, look up. 1/3 of the ceiling tile is on the floor. Luckily it was right in the middle of the store and none of the displays are damaged. Cleaning this **** up all morning. damn tenants upstairs. Dont know wtf they left on. The kid was like "uhhh maybe my brother left something on". Their whole floor is wet too...

Comment

Boston, easily.

Then again, I don't think NY has an accent unless you're referring to specific boroughs or ethnicities.
                      New York doesn't have accents, everybody else does.

Comment

Seeing a lot of people calling Collins one of the best safetys in the league. Thoughts?
                        People are stupid In general.

Comment

• How did the show go Sarc ?

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                            How did the show go Sarc ?
                            It was great! people were throwing burritos at him. I heard it's a sign of respect.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Florida vs UGA, Sat @ 330
                              ....it's like Israel vs Palestine...........if Israel were a bunch of curly headed frat boys in brightly color khakis, and Palestine was a bunch of flannel tank top, jean shorts and work boot wearing white trash....
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                                How did the show go Sarc ?
                                the burrito throws were nice, I really appreciated those. I could have done without the guy who threw hard shell tacos. In fact, that guy looked a bit like the auto trader.com guy......

Actually it was canceled apparently the hippie that runs it flaked on Thursday and said he ain't running it anymore. Instead they had some guy named Bosco who had a computer, a voice processor and a keyboard and played stuff like "I Had the Time of My Life"

So, best night ever.

thanks for asking, Byron

Comment

Working...
                                X