Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What a bunch of Sally soul snatchers.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      What do you expect from TC's hand picked replacement?
      Just want to remind you that in another thread you're saying Mara picked Ben, not Thomas.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Just want to remind you that in another thread you're saying Mara picked Ben, not Thomas.
        Mara picked the HC absolutely. But he was the hand picked replacement from Tom Coughlin. THAT was Mara's decision. I promise you that JR (don't know who Thomas is) had little or nothing to do with that decision.

        We should have hired Doug Marrone and he would have brought Jim Schwartz with him as DC. All we are doing is clinging to the past with this team while the other 3 teams in the division are moving towards the future. Firing TC was a great move because he was clinging to the past desperately (Spags being a great example). But instead of moving forward from TC we keep his entire friggin staff and quite honestly most of his mindset.

        We accomplished very little.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Mara picked the HC absolutely. But he was the hand picked replacement from Tom Coughlin. THAT was Mara's decision. I promise you that JR (don't know who Thomas is) had little or nothing to do with that decision.

          We should have hired Doug Marrone and he would have brought Jim Schwartz with him as DC. All we are doing is clinging to the past with this team while the other 3 teams in the division are moving towards the future. Firing TC was a great move because he was clinging to the past desperately (Spags being a great example). But instead of moving forward from TC we keep his entire friggin staff and quite honestly most of his mindset.

          We accomplished very little.
          running high school plays is a Coughlin mindset?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Mara picked the HC absolutely. But he was the hand picked replacement from Tom Coughlin. THAT was Mara's decision. I promise you that JR (don't know who Thomas is) had little or nothing to do with that decision.

            We should have hired Doug Marrone and he would have brought Jim Schwartz with him as DC. All we are doing is clinging to the past with this team while the other 3 teams in the division are moving towards the future. Firing TC was a great move because he was clinging to the past desperately (Spags being a great example). But instead of moving forward from TC we keep his entire friggin staff and quite honestly most of his mindset.

            We accomplished very little.
            Thomas is Tom Coughlin. I think what dezzz is saying is your are being inconsistent in your message again. On this thread you said Ben was hand picked by Tom and on another you are saying he was picked by Mara. Seems inconsistent....buuuut...what I think you mean is Tom selected Ben as his replacement and Mara made the decision to follow the recommendation and hire him, JR may have had imput but it wasn't his decision or choice of head coach.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Ugh the negativity here. What the f, guys?
              Don't be a baby
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                Don't be a baby
                Youre the babies throwing in the towel 3 days before gameday.

                Positive energy, man!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  Thomas is Tom Coughlin. I think what dezzz is saying is your are being inconsistent in your message again. On this thread you said Ben was hand picked by Tom and on another you are saying he was picked by Mara. Seems inconsistent....buuuut...what I think you mean is Tom selected Ben as his replacement and Mara made the decision to follow the recommendation and hire him, JR may have had imput but it wasn't his decision or choice of head coach.
                  Mara hired Ben because it meant continuity from TC. Ben was hand picked by Tom to replace him down the road.
                  It all came from Tom. Tom obviously didn't have any power to hire a new HC but he created a scenario where it was easy to keep everything in place with Ben as the new HC.
                  Why we would want to keep anything in place after the longest string of losing seasons since the 70's is beyond me.

                  Ultimately , not firing Tom sooner, and then hiring his disciple as the new HC when he finally did....is all on John Mara.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    Mara hired Ben because it meant continuity from TC. . Tom obviously didn't have any power to hire a new HC but he created a scenario where it was easy to keep everything in place with Ben as the new HC.
                    continuity of TC, how though. Their style and schemes are almost polar opposite.

                    That second sentence seems like a conspiracy theory

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Mara hired Ben because it meant continuity from TC. Ben was hand picked by Tom to replace him down the road.
                      It all came from Tom. Tom obviously didn't have any power to hire a new HC but he created a scenario where it was easy to keep everything in place with Ben as the new HC.
                      Why we would want to keep anything in place after the longest string of losing seasons since the 70's is beyond me.

                      Ultimately , not firing Tom sooner, and then hiring his disciple as the new HC when he finally did....is all on John Mara.
                      I agree, really dumb idea.

                      Comment


                      • Im 5 mins in to Westworld and its corny as hell

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Im 5 mins in to Westworld and its corny as hell

                          Comment


                          • Dezz. Listen to me very carefully. Tampa is playing tonight and Doug Martin is not.
                            Get him the **** out of your lineup because you will have a big goose egg in that spot if he's there at 8:25 tonight.

                            I need you to win this week.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Youre the babies throwing in the towel 3 days before gameday.

                              Positive energy, man!
                              I'm positive we'll get humiliated. When we play the Eagles, that's what happens lol I can back that up with facts.
                              Sorry if it's not your cup of tea, but that's the good ol' truth.
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                                I'm positive we'll get humiliated. When we play the Eagles, that's what happens lol I can back that up with facts.
                                Sorry if it's not your cup of tea, but that's the good ol' truth.
                                Past games are meaningless, Rudy.
                                "Aww we cant beat the big ol bad eagles"


                                Do you people hear yourselves?!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X