This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Don't blame those of us forced to think that way....blame the people who make it work that way.
    I am, the people who think that way are the ones making it work that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Yes Nelly, because your and MHs vote is really making those politicians rethink this thing we call a republic....
      The problem is if everybody who could make an impact by voting for a 3rd party, actually went out and voted, they would make an impact. But most who can, don't. It is defeatist and lazy and accepts no personal responsibility. You sit there and say I don't like the options so I am just going to ignore the process. Well if you are not willing to vote, why would people care about your feelings durring an election. Its like vegans expecting to make an impact on the way meat is produced, you aren't a customers, so they don't care what you think. If you don't vote, then you are not a voter and nobody cares about your opinion.

You want change in government and your options you have to start with yourself. Personal responsibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I have to admit that I don't agree with him on the collection of meta-data.

King is a traditional LI politician. He's not bright and his next original thought will be his first.

He does a non offensive phony regular guy persona which helps keep him in office, so he's got that going for him, which is nice..

Comment

I think there was an issue in our district, where the Congressional ticket was not on the ballot. It's an open seat, and apparently people couldn't vote in my district for Faso or Teachout
          Zephyr Teachout!

Great name for a hockey player

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            Again, Bryon do what works best for you. I just feel that voting is the only power we have, we do ourselves a disservice if we don't exercise that power. Besides, it isn't just the president up for a vote today.
            Thats not the only power you have. You have a 2nd amendment but you "dont like it".

Comment

The problem is if everybody who could make an impact by voting for a 3rd party, actually went out and voted, they would make an impact. But most who can, don't. It is defeatist and lazy and accepts no personal responsibility. You sit there and say I don't like the options so I am just going to ignore the process. Well if you are not willing to vote, why would people care about your feelings durring an election. Its like vegans expecting to make an impact on the way meat is produced, you aren't a customers, so they don't care what you think. If you don't vote, then you are not a voter and nobody cares about your opinion.

You want change in government and your options you have to start with yourself. Personal responsibility.
              Gary Johnson cant name another world leader and the other woman is a far left nutjob. No thanks. So if I vote, youll care about my opinion? Stop it, youre sounding silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                Zephyr Teachout!

Great name for a hockey player
                How bout them Rangers?

Comment

Thats not the only power you have. You have a 2nd amendment but you "dont like it".
                  I'm a full supporter of the 2nd amendment. I think most people misunderstand this one as much as they misunderstand the 1st amendment. If they understood it properly they last thing anyone would attempt to do is take away assult rifles. I can see a case for handguns, but I fear the slippery slope and where that will lead.

I don't like guns because they are loud, I prefer my bow and knives. I have no issue with any responsible individual owning whatever gun they wish to own.

Comment

I think there was an issue in our district, where the Congressional ticket was not on the ballot. It's an open seat, and apparently people couldn't vote in my district for Faso or Teachout
                    Every citizen is voting on their Congressional races Pizz. All 435 seats are up for election.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Gary Johnson cant name another world leader and the other woman is a far left nutjob. No thanks. So if I vote, youll care about my opinion? Stop it, youre sounding silly.
                      I don't care about your opinion whether or not you vote. If you want the people who make the decisions on who to nominate to care about your opinion, then you will vote. Otherwise, by complaining that you don't have a good canditate to vote for, you are complaining about a problem you created.

Comment

Yes he can Dez. Point is though that it's the nature of Libertarianism. They are generally isolationists. I would like to see a Libertarian candidate next time that has a more nuanced philosophy regarding foreign policy.

Comment

How bout them Rangers?

It can't last but I am thoroughly enjoying 5 goals a game for the time being

Comment

Yes he can Dez. Point is though that it's the nature of Libertarianism. They are generally isolationists. I would like to see a Libertarian candidate next time that has a more nuanced philosophy regarding foreign policy.
                            The Libertarian party is split really. Some believe in a strong military to protect US interests internationally, as well as protecting US boarders.

Comment

The Libertarian party is split really. Some believe in a strong military to protect US interests internationally, as well as protecting US boarders.
                              I wish the ticket was reversed. I like Bill Weld a lot, who was our governor for 2 terms. I think he could have made a major difference in enlightening folks about was the advocation of liberty really is.
                              Gary Johnson has come off as a pot smoking clown even though he was a very effective governor in NM.

Of course the best advocate is Rand Paul but Trump in all his stupidity squashed him.

Comment

I wish the ticket was reversed. I like Bill Weld a lot, who was our governor for 2 terms. I think he could have made a major difference in enlightening folks about was the advocation of liberty really is.
                                Gary Johnson has come off as a pot smoking clown even though he was a very effective governor in NM.

Of course the best advocate is Rand Paul but Trump in all his stupidity squashed him.

A big part of the issue is the media. They are so invested in keeping folks uninformed - or stated more correctly, informed with only the information they chose to disclose - that any third party candidate gets reduced to clown status.

Not enough folks are willing to educate themselves on issues and solutions so the mainstream media (whether right or left) gives you their skewed view of any/all third party candidates as nutjobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X