X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Likely net zero.

What the economy picks up in deregulation it will likely lose in trade protectionism.
    There won't be any protectionism. He'll never get that stuff through Congress.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      There won't be any protectionism. He'll never get that stuff through Congress.
      Perhaps.

Like I said, I ain't expecting much to change other than the country continuing to get dumber by the day

Comment

That's just the idiotic Facebook effect. A country of idiots should be run by a clown but the system has withstood worse and it will again.

It won't actually change all that much in anyone's day to day life. And Trump is not a republican, he doesn't give a crap about the social issues that the lunatic fringe of that party does. I imagine they will be disappointed when he doesn't lift a finger on gay marriage, abortion or any of the other stuff he pretended to care about while campaigning.

Ryan and McConnell will draft the economic plan and Trump will take credit for what works and blame and fire people for the stuff that doesn't.

Nothing new to see here folks, move along...
        I largely agree, but bottom line is you can't tell certain demographics, and groups of people how to feel. I'm a white male in my early 30s.
        But Trump's rhetoric is one that makes people feel like his presidency doesn't want you in his country. And it's not even interpretive. It's literal.
        It is not one of tolerance, or of open-mindedness, or sympathy, or even tact. It's just a power hungry monster who says and does what he wants.

So although I'm not in a minority of anyone who could potentially be affected by his presidency(outside of his insistence of how he thinks trickle-down economics actually WORKS), I am in no place to tell people "ya lost, get over it....it's time to get back to normal!! No more complaining! this is the result!!"
        Nobody has any right to tell people how to feel about matters that don't affect them, so I abstain.

My vote yesterday was a defensive one. I'll leave it at that.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• This town I'm working in has WAY too many lunch options. It's a good thing I don't often eat dinner or else I would have put on 20 lbs in the last 2 weeks.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I don't understand why so many people are upset or shocked. It isn't like the democratic option was any better, just a different kind of bad. If you had any notion of a positive result from this election you were delusional. We had two terrible candidates and one of them won.

Just to say I told you so, back when it was clear Trump would get the nomination, I told you guys he would win and most said I was nuts.

Comment

That's just the idiotic Facebook effect. A country of idiots should be run by a clown but the system has withstood worse and it will again.

It won't actually change all that much in anyone's day to day life. And Trump is not a republican, he doesn't give a crap about the social issues that the lunatic fringe of that party does. I imagine they will be disappointed when he doesn't lift a finger on gay marriage, abortion or any of the other stuff he pretended to care about while campaigning.

Ryan and McConnell will draft the economic plan and Trump will take credit for what works and blame and fire people for the stuff that doesn't.

Nothing new to see here folks, move along...
              I honestly feel I am living thru a Twilight Zone episode. lol
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                I largely agree, but bottom line is you can't tell certain demographics, and groups of people how to feel. I'm a white male in my early 30s.
                But Trump's rhetoric is one that makes people feel like his presidency doesn't want you in his country. And it's not even interpretive. It's literal.
                It is not one of tolerance, or of open-mindedness, or sympathy, or even tact. It's just a power hungry monster who says and does what he wants.

So although I'm not in a minority of anyone who could potentially be affected by his presidency(outside of his insistence of how he thinks trickle-down economics actually WORKS), I am in no place to tell people "ya lost, get over it....it's time to get back to normal!! No more complaining! this is the result!!"
                Nobody has any right to tell people how to feel about matters that don't affect them, so I abstain.

My vote yesterday was a defensive one. I'll leave it at that.

Well said. Someday folks will realize that they tell themselves how to feel.

It drives my wife crazy when I say that. Initially because she didn't believe it was true, subsequently when she realized it was. She hates when I'm right.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  I don't understand why so many people are upset or shocked. It isn't like the democratic option was any better, just a different kind of bad. If you had any notion of a positive result from this election you were delusional. We had two terrible candidates and one of them won.

Just to say I told you so, back when it was clear Trump would get the nomination, I told you guys he would win and most said I was nuts.
                  Well you ARE nuts but for completely different reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    But Trump's rhetoric is one that makes people feel like his presidency doesn't want you in his country.
                    Ahh poor whitey. How will he survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Well you ARE nuts but for completely different reasons.
                      Moi? Nuts? Egad no! I just possess an alternative perspective on the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        Well he is 88 now, seems he has taken care of himself that's how.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          Moi? Nuts? Egad no! I just possess an alternative perspective on the world.
                          That should be on a tee shirt.

"I'm not crazy...I just have an alternate perspective on the world"

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            lol that's my point Dezz.....I can't necessarily relate to how other people are handling this. You can't relate either. So we just leave them alone.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Dezz, I got a shirt that simply says:

Sicker
                              Than
                              Your
                              Average
                              B.
                              I.
                              G.

YOUR THOUGHTS?!?!