• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You people are boring

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      You people are boring
      Guilty.....
      I should probably be posting more. I'm being paid to sit here, I might as well read and respond to your awful posts.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        I wonder how you would feel if somebody wouldn't hire you for a job because of something you did 44 years ago. Because nobody worthwhile ever makes a poor decision when they are young and of course should be held accountable for it nearly half a century later because there is no way they could have learned or gained better perspective in that time.
        It depends on what they did 44 years ago. Some things you can never come back from.

Comment

That wouldn't be off the grid, that would just be living in the middle of nowhere. Off the grid means living a self contained lifestyle. You produce your own power, food, shelter, heat, water, etc... If you are connected to the outside world by having cable, you are, by definition, not living off the grid.
          agree

Comment

I wonder how you would feel if somebody wouldn't hire you for a job because of something you did 44 years ago. Because nobody worthwhile ever makes a poor decision when they are young and of course should be held accountable for it nearly half a century later because there is no way they could have learned or gained better perspective in that time.
            Depends on what I did and what the context of the situation is. Regardless, that has no bearing over the fact that I would never vote for a draft dodger for POTUS. It's a complete disqualifer, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
              Basically it will just be another politician that doesn't live up to his campaign promises.

I think people would've voted for a change from the current situation, regardless of how good or bad it is.

Exactly. After 8 years this nation of attention deficient idiots votes for the other guys. It's just what we do.

Like I said, meet the new boss, same as the old boss, president Pataki (that line might be too inside or too ancient for some here)

Comment

Just thought he might like to see a good show.

"A Christmas Carol" open at Fords Theatre on 17 November- http://www.fords.org

Well played

Comment

Whaaaateversss. I want to live in the middle of no where with my damn cable and wifi!
                  Yay! JP's getting a new roomie!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    Yay! JP's getting a new roomie!
                    I saw him in a picture on fb wearing a red Tiki jersey.

I dont play that ****

Comment

I saw him in a picture on fb wearing a red Tiki jersey.

I dont play that ****
                      Actually,
                      1) it's a Kenny Phillips jersey
                      2) it was a gift
                      3) we've been on a win streak since the game I put it on for. I'm superstitious.

Now, APOLOGIZE!!!
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        Actually,
                        1) it's a Kenny Phillips jersey
                        2) it was a gift
                        3) we've been on a win streak since the game I put it on for. I'm superstitious.

Now, APOLOGIZE!!!
                        Ughh! Even worse. A red KP jersey?! Geeet the hell outa here.

You caught up with Westworld? Hopkins is the man

Comment

Ughh! Even worse. A red KP jersey?! Geeet the hell outa here.

You caught up with Westworld? Hopkins is the man
                          IT WAS A GIFT!! nobody likes the red jerseys!! But I loved KP...so....

I just gotta watch Sunday's episode. I'll probably watch tonight or tomorrow.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Depends on what I did and what the context of the situation is. Regardless, that has no bearing over the fact that I would never vote for a draft dodger for POTUS. It's a complete disqualifer, IMO.
                            This is the new term ..."disqualifying". Everyone is using it and they use in incorrectly every time.

In politics there is only one thing that is "disqualifying".......That is not getting enough votes.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Seems like an irrelevant "disqualifer" to me. If this was the 1980s, sure I could see it. My teens and early 20s were not all that long ago for me, but I am a very different person now than I was then, particularly when speaking of personal responsibility. People make mistakes, it is one way we improve ourselves, by learning from them. I can't imagine how much I will change 44 years from now. It isn't like draft dodging was an uncommon thing back then. He didn't exactly lead a militant revolt in Washington. There are 100s of reasons you can choose to not vote for a candidate and I am truly shocked that 44 years later this is still the no 1 on anybody's list.
                              Last edited by jmike; 11-15-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                This is the new term ..."disqualifying". Everyone is using it and they use in incorrectly every time.

In politics there is only one thing that is "disqualifying".......That is not getting enough votes.
                                He is only talking about a single vote, his own. He seems to have a list of things that he does and does not want to have in a candidate he votes for. One is draft dodging, so he does not qualify for his single vote. Seems like a reasonably appropriate term to me. There are far worse abuses of the language than this one, even if this qualifies as one.

Comment

Working...
                                X