This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    This is the new term ..."disqualifying". Everyone is using it and they use in incorrectly every time.

In politics there is only one thing that is "disqualifying".......That is not getting enough votes.
    "Disqualifying" in regard to getting my vote. I won't vote for a draft dodger.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Seems like an irrelevant "disqualifer" to me. If this was the 1980s, sure I could see it. My teens and early 20s were not all that long ago for me, but I am a very different person now than I was then, particularly when speaking of personal responsibility. People make mistakes, it is one way we improve ourselves, by learning from them. I can't imagine how much I will change 44 years from now. It isn't like draft dodging was an uncommon thing back then. He didn't exactly lead a militant revolt in Washington. There are 100s of reasons you can choose to not vote for a candidate and I am truly shocked that 44 years later this is still the no 1 on anybody's list.
      If a man is draft dodger, I won't vote for that man. It's one of the things I consider a "disqualifying" factor.

As great of a director as he is, I refuse to watch any of Roman Polanski films because of what he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
        If a man is draft dodger, I won't vote for that man. It's one of the things I consider a "disqualifying" factor.

As great of a director as he is, I refuse to watch any of Roman Polanski films because of what he did.
        Do you still watch NFL games? I would gather no considering all the teams that have players who have been In the spotlight for domestic violence. Are you stil watching Giant games after what they did or didn't do through the josh brown saga?

Comment

I'll bet you have.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• 8pm, On my way home from the gym, put on the wfan with Steve somers. He has a 20 min segment before the devils game.

The intro is all about the giants. Then he goes to the phones and the first caller, a freaking cowboys fan who wanted to talk about romo's press conference and then switched to college football. Ok finally done at 8:10pm and onto the next caller who turns out to be a lions fan that is still hurt from being cheated out of a playoff game against who else the cowboys.

Not blaming the giants fans, the networks brought this on themselves, they never talk giants football and the giants fans have tuned them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
              8pm, On my way home from the gym, put on the wfan with Steve somers. He has a 20 min segment before the devils game.

The intro is all about the giants. Then he goes to the phones and the first caller, a freaking cowboys fan who wanted to talk about romo's press conference and then switched to college football. Ok finally done at 8:10pm and onto the next caller who turns out to be a lions fan that is still hurt from being cheated out of a playoff game against who else the cowboys.

Not blaming the giants fans, the networks brought this on themselves, they never talk giants football and the giants fans have tuned them out.

The Cowboys, the Lions, what is it?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                Do you still watch NFL games? I would gather no considering all the teams that have players who have been In the spotlight for domestic violence. Are you stil watching Giant games after what they did or didn't do through the josh brown saga?
                That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I wont vote for a draft dodger.

Never stated anything in this post that is derogatory about a draft dodger, only that I wouldn't vote for one.

Comment

I'll bet you have.
                  What do you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    Happy B-day B!

Late to the party as usual, sorry.
                    Thanks Jmike

Comment

What do you mean?
                      Did you vote for Bush? If you did then you voted for Cheney who was a draft dodger.

Essentially anyone who didn't serve during the Vietnam era and was of proper age to serve found a way to get out of it.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Rang***zzzzzz

Comment

• Rangers have a +34 goal differential. The next closest team has a +18.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            Rangers have a +34 goal differential. The next closest team has a +18.
                            Their scoring this season is crazy. Hate the Rangers and all, but I am very impressed.

Comment

That is fine, you can vote however you want for whomever you want for whatever reasons you want, but to me your logic behind this is terribly flawed. When we talk about the major issues this country is facing right now, how does this bit of personal trivia impact any of them?

Comment

Did you vote for Bush? If you did then you voted for Cheney who was a draft dodger.

Essentially anyone who didn't serve during the Vietnam era and was of proper age to serve found a way to get out of it.
                                It's not polite to ask someone who they voted for. I thought political discussions were banned from this site ? Better hope YA or die hard are not on their high horses today.

Comment

Working...
                                X