Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
    So it is the number 1 issue for you and you didn't even bother to find out the information on a candidate before voting? Really you should stop voting altogether if you can't even take the time to learn enough about who is running to determine if they meet your own minimum qualifications.
    I'll vote however I want, whenever I want when election time comes around nand for whatever reason I want, regardless of what you may or may not think.
    Last edited by MagillasMango; 11-16-2016, 02:31 PM.
    #80

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jmike View Post
      I am still curious about the relevance a decision someone made 44 years ago as a person just emerging from childhood, has to their ability to govern this country now?
      Nice way to try and take the discussion in a different direction.

      I wont vote for someone to lead this country that I know is a draft dodger, regardless of the capabilites he brings to the table.
      In the case of Bill Clinton, he was actually a successful POTUS but I still wouldn't vote for him because hes a draft dodger. In the case of orange cosby, the fact he is a draft dodger automatically disqualified him from getting my vote but regardless of that, I still wouldn't have voted for him because he brings nothing to the table to lead this country and he is a despicable human being (if he can be categorized as one).
      #80

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        That is the $64,000.00 question.


        My criteria is whether or not I think they will help the country. To me (and I know I've said this before here) it's less about the candidate and more about the country.
        I will hold my nose and vote for someone I don't like if I think it would benefit the country.
        Orange cosby brings nothing to the table that would help benefit this country.
        #80

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
          I'll however I want, whenever I want when election time comes around nand for whatever reason I want, regardless of what you may or may not think.
          I think you should at least educate yourself on the items you feel are important. Our vote is the only real power we have, however insignificant each individual vote is. I cannot comprhend why somebody would wish to toss theirs away without at least knowing where you you are voting for stands on what is important to you.

          For example, if it is important to you that the person you are voting for is left handed. It doesn't really matter how irrelevant that is, it is what is important to you. Why would you cast a vote before finding out that important information? It makes absolutely no sense. It's like taking a trip someplace that you don't know where it is and not at least getting the address before you leave and just hope you somehow get there.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
            Nice way to try and take the discussion in a different direction.

            I wont vote for someone to lead this country that I know is a draft dodger, regardless of the capabilites he brings to the table.
            In the case of Bill Clinton, he was actually a successful POTUS but I still wouldn't vote for him because hes a draft dodger. In the case of orange cosby, the fact he is a draft dodger automatically disqualified him from getting my vote but regardless of that, I still wouldn't have voted for him because he brings nothing to the table to lead this country and he is a despicable human being (if he can be categorized as one).
            But you haven't said why it is relevant? If it isn't fine, then it isn't. But maybe there is some relevance that I am not grasping. How am I able to understand this point of view and question my own unless I ask? It isn't a different direction, it is what we are talking about.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
              I think you should at least educate yourself on the items you feel are important. Our vote is the only real power we have, however insignificant each individual vote is. I cannot comprhend why somebody would wish to toss theirs away without at least knowing where you you are voting for stands on what is important to you.

              For example, if it is important to you that the person you are voting for is left handed. It doesn't really matter how irrelevant that is, it is what is important to you. Why would you cast a vote before finding out that important information? It makes absolutely no sense. It's like taking a trip someplace that you don't know where it is and not at least getting the address before you leave and just hope you somehow get there.
              I am educated but In the case of **** Cheney, I had made a mistake and didn't realize it ,sometimes it happens. We all make mistakes in this life.

              If it makes sense to you or not, that's inconseqeuntial, no matter how much you'd like to rail otherwise.
              #80

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                Orange cosby
                You should stop that it is childish and undermines your ability to make anybody take you seriously. I don't like the guy any more than you do, but he won, he is our president, there is no point in denegrading him now with silly nicknames before he has had a chance to prove he is or is not a good president. Nothing is gained now by not giving him a chance.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  But you haven't said why it is relevant? If it isn't fine, then it isn't. But maybe there is some relevance that I am not grasping. How am I able to understand this point of view and question my own unless I ask? It isn't a different direction, it is what we are talking about.
                  A draft dodger is unfit to lead this country in regard to any type of decision regarding the U.S. Military. Also, a draft dodger is definetely an individual of qeustionable moral character. its a huge character flaw and one that in reagd to being POTUS, I just can't overlook.
                  #80

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    You should stop that it is childish and undermines your ability to make anybody take you seriously. I don't like the guy any more than you do, but he won, he is our president, there is no point in denegrading him now with silly nicknames before he has had a chance to prove he is or is not a good president. Nothing is gained now by not giving him a chance.
                    Well, he is an orange cosby.

                    Technically orange cosby isn't our POTUS yet, he's the President Elect. As soon as he is inagurated, I have no choice but to publicly address him or refer to him as POTUS or Mr. President. in the meanwhile, I'm under no obligation at this time to show that piece of diseased detritus any type of respect.
                    #80

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                      I am educated but In the case of **** Cheney, I had made a mistake and didn't realize it ,sometimes it happens. We all make mistakes in this life.

                      If it makes sense to you or not, that's inconseqeuntial, no matter how much you'd like to rail otherwise.
                      Not "railing", I am trying to understand.

                      1-Why is this bit of candidate trivia relevent to an election in 2016?
                      2-Why, if you find it so monumentally important, would you not make sure to know this information before you voted?

                      I am not going to pretend that I have significant knowledge of all aspects of a candidate, but I do make sure I learn where each ticket stands on the issues and items that are specifically important to me. Otherwise, what am I voting for?

                      Comment


                      • Anyone else miss the 80's?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          You know this is why the only professional football league there is requires we play in our underwear.
                          Meh that league was kind of lame. I like beach volleyball cause the women are skilled along with great bodies.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                            A draft dodger is unfit to lead this country in regard to any type of decision regarding the U.S. Military. Also, a draft dodger is definetely an individual of qeustionable moral character. its a huge character flaw and one that in reagd to being POTUS, I just can't overlook.
                            Would you make the same moral decisions now as you would have 44 years ago? Does the 18-24 year old population strike you as a group with fully developed character? Do you really think those decisions would have a negative impact on how he handles the military nearly half a century later?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                              Well, he is an orange cosby.

                              Technically orange cosby isn't our POTUS yet, he's the President Elect. As soon as he is inagurated, I have no choice but to publicly address him or refer to him as POTUS or Mr. President. in the meanwhile, I'm under no obligation at this time to show that piece of diseased detritus any type of respect.
                              Your choice, but all it does is undermine your own opinions.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                                Well, he is an orange cosby.

                                Technically orange cosby isn't our POTUS yet, he's the President Elect. As soon as he is inagurated, I have no choice but to publicly address him or refer to him as POTUS or Mr. President. in the meanwhile, I'm under no obligation at this time to show that piece of diseased detritus any type of respect.
                                Is the reason you won't watch a Roman Polanski film because he left the country or because be messed with under age girls ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X