Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
    No, I am simply pointing out that in a span of 44 years (longer than I have been alive) people change a great deal. If that person said that today they would do it again or if he defended the mistake as the proper thing to do, you would have a point. I don't recall him speaking on the topic though. What matters to me is what a person is today. I have made innumerable bad decisions in my life that often lead to bad consequences. I don't run from them or pretend they didn't happen, but they are part of who I am today and while terrible have made me a better and stronger person for getting through and past them. With the perspective I have gained on life, I understand that people make mistakes, monumental ones even, and while they should be held accountable to them, they should also be given the opportunity to show that they have moved past them and grown into a better person for it, or even in spite of it.
    It's not about making a point. It's about the fact that if I know the man is a draft dodger then I'm not voting for him. I couldn't care less how his views have changed 44 years later or 1000 years later. IMO, he is unqualified died to make decisions in regard to sending men and women to war and he should have no right to do so.
    #80

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
      IMO, he is unqualified died to make decisions in regard to sending men and women to war and he should have no right to do so.
      Why?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
        Why?
        At the very first sign of gaining first hand knowledge in to the subject, he turned tail and ran like a coward.

        We can go back and forth with this all you want, you're not gonna change my view on it.
        #80

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
          At the very first sign of gaining first hand knowledge in to the subject, he turned tail and ran like a coward.

          We can go back and forth with this all you want, you're not gonna change my view on it.
          Not trying to change your view, I am attempting to understand it.

          Do you only vote for candidates who have served in the military?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jmike View Post
            Not trying to change your view, I am attempting to understand it.

            Do you only vote for candidates who have served in the military?
            I've already given you my views on it, you'll understand them or you won't.

            No. I don't only vote for people that have been in military.
            #80

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
              I've already given you my views on it, you'll understand them or you won't.

              No. I don't only vote for people that have been in military.
              Your views, as you have explained them, make no sense and just sound spiteful with no logical thought behind them. So for now, I still don't understand.

              Ok, so we haven't gotten anywhere. Again, how does effectively dodging service nearly half a century ago make a person unfit to make military decisions, if you don't feel that military service is not also a minimum requirement?

              I can understand if somebody would only vote for those who have served, I know people who do that, I don't agree but they can at least put a solid agrument behind their point of view. You've given me nothing to think about here. Your argument is as solid as somebody who won't vote for somebody because they like to listen to Elvis Pressley while bathing.

              How does this connect to their ability to govern a nation?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                Your views, as you have explained them, make no sense and just sound spiteful with no logical thought behind them. So for now, I still don't understand.

                Ok, so we haven't gotten anywhere. Again, how does effectively dodging service nearly half a century ago make a person unfit to make military decisions, if you don't feel that military service is not also a minimum requirement?

                I can understand if somebody would only vote for those who have served, I know people who do that, I don't agree but they can at least put a solid agrument behind their point of view. You've given me nothing to think about here. Your argument is as solid as somebody who won't vote for somebody because they like to listen to Elvis Pressley while bathing.

                How does this connect to their ability to govern a nation?
                Continually asking the same question over and over after it's been answered is immature.

                If you don't understand the answers I've given to you after I've explained my position, there is nothing I can do to help you.
                #80

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmike View Post

                  I can understand if somebody would only vote for those who have served, I know people who do that, I don't agree but they can at least put a solid agrument behind their point of view. You've given me nothing to think about here. Your argument is as solid as somebody who won't vote for somebody because they like to listen to Elvis Pressley while bathing
                  The King honored his committed when called upon by Uncle Sam.
                  Last edited by MagillasMango; 11-16-2016, 05:19 PM.
                  #80

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                    Continually asking the same question over and over after it's been answered is immature.

                    If you don't understand the answers I've given to you after I've explained my position, there is nothing I can do to help you.
                    No I understand what you said, but it doesn't make sense why a person would think that way. I was just hoping you had a sensible reason behind it, it appears as if you don't. I am disappointed.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                      The King honored his committed when called upon by Uncle Sam.
                      So Elvis, if alive, would be a good candidate, but Bill Clinton would not be?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                        The King honored his committed when called upon by Uncle Sam.
                        I would of voted for Hilary but I read that back in October of 1987 she wore a white dress. That means she wore white after Labor Day. Some things you can never come back from.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                          I would of voted for Hilary but I read that back in October of 1987 she wore a white dress. That means she wore white after Labor Day. Some things you can never come back from.
                          LMFAO!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            No I understand what you said, but it doesn't make sense why a person would think that way. I was just hoping you had a sensible reason behind it, it appears as if you don't. I am disappointed.
                            I gave you a sensible answer, you have refused to understand it. Not my problem.
                            #80

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                              I would of voted for Hilary but I read that back in October of 1987 she wore a white dress. That means she wore white after Labor Day. Some things you can never come back from.
                              Good for you. Cast your vote for whatever reason you choose because its your vote.
                              #80

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                                Why isn't hockey on ESPN anymore? It can't be a ratings thing, they show a ton of WNBA games.
                                That contract expired. I think NBCSN has it now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X