This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    You guys need to follow the replies more closely. I was replying to Z who seemed outraged - outraged I tells ya - about Trump's gutter talk. He then proceeds to off handedly also comment himself that everyone knows fat chicks give better BJs. I submit that that is intellectually inconsistent.

PS - this answer applies to jenn's question in post # 210152 as well
    Trevor Noah breaks it down for you-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LiPjWUn-PUo
    Last edited by MagillasMango; 11-17-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
      Trevor Noah breaks it down for you-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LiPjWUn-PUo

Thanks. Although that clip is irrelevant to my post.

Comment

• Why do people think left wing comedians making jokes justify their opinions?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Why do people think left wing comedians making jokes justify their opinions?
          Don't you know that the view from their Ivory Tower is always the most informed?
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Thanks. Although that clip is irrelevant to my post.
            You're very welcome.

It is quite relevant to your post because it appears you may not be clear on the difference between talk that is just "crude and vulgar" with talk that is "crude, vulgar and details incidents of criminal sexual assault.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Why do people think left wing comedians making jokes justify their opinions?
              Not necessarily.

But in this case, Trevor Noah breaks it down shotgun style and is spot on with why he's saying.

Comment

Not necessarily.

But in this case, Trevor Noah breaks it down shotgun style and is spot on with why he's saying.
                No....But it was funny. Good schtick,

That is expert analysis to you? ....Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  No....But it was funny. Good schtick,

That is expert analysis to you? ....Really?
                  No, But sometimes simple comedians do get it right and I felt that he summed it up accurately.

Trevor Noah is funny.

Comment

No, But sometimes simple comedians do get it right and I felt that he summed it up accurately.

Trevor Noah is funny.
                    Funny?...Yes.

Offering real life perspective from a high paid TV comic?.......Not even close.

Now give me a 55 year old auto worker from Ohio who just lost his job to automation....and then some D.C. liberal politician goes on TV and says not to worry....They are going to "retrain" him to operate a computer. All this after a life of actually building things....and doing it with pride.

Now THAT is a perspective worth hearing. I want to know what THAT guy thinks. Not some high priced, famous comedian who's worst problems are getting a cab back to his 3 bedroom condo in Manhattan.
                    Last edited by Morehead State; 11-17-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Funny?...Yes.

Offering real life perspective from a high paid TV comic?.......Not even close.

Now give me a 55 year old auto worker from Ohio who just lost his job to automation....and then some D.C. liberal politician goes on TV and says not to worry....They are going to "retrain" him to operate a computer. All this after a life of actually building things....and doing it with pride.

Now THAT is a perspective worth hearing. I want to know what THAT guy thinks. Not some high priced, famous comedian who's worst problems are getting a cab back to his 3 bedroom condo in Manhattan.
                      On a side note in regard to your post, that 55 year old blue collar worker demographic is in large part what cost HRC this election, IMO.

We'll agree to disagree in regard to Trevir Noah because I think he was right in his breakdown of the difference between "sex talk" and "sexual assault talk." Regardless, we both found him funny.

This guy is funny too-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Comment

You do realize these last few replies on this specific topic are a joke, right? The tragic part - for you I think - is that Dezz got its immediately but you seemed (or maybe you're playing it back and didn't fall for it at all) to swallow the hook completely.

But given MM's spamming of this board with his facile political views, it's now probably 5 pages back.
                        I actually realized it with the binoculars comment, but I figured you'd be disappointed if I didn't play it out.

Comment

Has nothing to do with her body. She was a child.
                          Are you suggesting that a 19 year old woman is not capable of deciding for herself who's penis she will put in her mouth? I find that insulting. She is old enough to be responsible for her own actions. Not every young woman who has made a poor decision about her body or in choosing a sexual partner is a victim and it is insulting and demeaning to suggest otherwise. She is perfectly capable of making decisions for herself that she can regret and learn from later. This does not make her a victim, it makes her human.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            Are you suggesting that a 19 year old woman is not capable of deciding for herself who's penis she will put in her mouth? I find that insulting. She is old enough to be responsible for her own actions. Not every young woman who has made a poor decision about her body or in choosing a sexual partner is a victim and it is insulting and demeaning to suggest otherwise. She is perfectly capable of making decisions for herself that she can regret and learn from later. This does not make her a victim, it makes her human.
                            You've obviously never had a 19 year old daughter.

Comment

You've obviously never had a 19 year old daughter.
                              No, but I once was a 19 year old woman. And it really wasn't all that long ago. Sorry, but you sound like this current feminist movement that wants to portray all women as victims of the misogynistic male dominated society. Which is complete BS and completely undermines any level of equality. If roles were reversed and some 19 year old white house intern was providing some oral pleasure with Hillary and a cigar, would anybody be claiming he was a victim? No freaking way. At 19 make adult decisions and accept the consequences when you make bad ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                No, but I once was a 19 year old woman. And it really wasn't all that long ago. Sorry, but you sound like this current feminist movement that wants to portray all women as victims of the misogynistic male dominated society. Which is complete BS and completely undermines any level of equality. If roles were reversed and some 19 year old white house intern was providing some oral pleasure with Hillary and a cigar, would anybody be claiming he was a victim? No freaking way. At 19 make adult decisions and accept the consequences when you make bad ones.
                                Parents send their kids to be interns with the understanding that they can trust those who they will be learning from.
                                I have no idea what your personal experiences have been but most 19 year old kids are just that.....kids.
                                For a man of that kind of power to do what he did with that girl is just horrible.

But yes..."legally" he's off the hook.
                                On a human level however he's a creep.

Comment

Working...
                                X