This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Parents send their kids to be interns with the understanding that they can trust those who they will be learning from.
    I have no idea what your personal experiences have been but most 19 year old kids are just that.....kids.
    For a man of that kind of power to do what he did with that girl is just horrible.

But yes..."legally" he's off the hook.
    On a human level however he's a creep.
    You are making her a victim which she isn't. At 19 you are capable of making your own decision in a sexual partner.

If he used his power to coerce her, then you would have a point. But my understanding of the situation, that wasn't the case, it was mutually consensual.

I was immature and stupid at 19, I made really dumb decisions, I handled things poorly, but I learned in time to make better decisions. For how long do you want to extend childhood? How many women these days, or heck in the 90s were still virgins at 19? Not a lot I can guarantee you that, so she has already made good and bad choices regarding partners. IDC who he is or how old he is, she is responsible for her own actions and can't cry victim for any decision she freely makes and nobody should do it for her either. As said , suggesting otherwise is disrespectful and demeaning.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      You are making her a victim which she isn't. At 19 you are capable of making your own decision in a sexual partner.

If he used his power to coerce her, then you would have a point. But my understanding of the situation, that wasn't the case, it was mutually consensual.

I was immature and stupid at 19, I made really dumb decisions, I handled things poorly, but I learned in time to make better decisions. For how long do you want to extend childhood? How many women these days, or heck in the 90s were still virgins at 19? Not a lot I can guarantee you that, so she has already made good and bad choices regarding partners. IDC who he is or how old he is, she is responsible for her own actions and can't cry victim for any decision she freely makes and nobody should do it for her either. As said , suggesting otherwise is disrespectful and demeaning.
      I'm not making her anything. I think she was troubled actually.
      I'm saying Bill is a borderline pedophile.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I'm not making her anything. I think she was troubled actually.
        I'm saying Bill is a borderline pedophile.
        Which simply shows no understanding of the meaning of the term or diagnosis.

By claiming that it was the 50 year old president's responsibility for what goes into her mouth you a claiming she is incapable of making her own decisions and making her a victim.

Comment

Which simply shows no understanding of the meaning of the term or diagnosis.

By claiming that it was the 50 year old president's responsibility for what goes into her mouth you a claiming she is incapable of making her own decisions and making her a victim.
          Yes I am not using the 'clinical" definition.

But the "hey I'm not responsible for my decisions because the kid is of legal age" defense for Bubba is a bit of a stretch. But you can believe what you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
            You're very welcome.

It is quite relevant to your post because it appears you may not be clear on the difference between talk that is just "crude and vulgar" with talk that is "crude, vulgar and details incidents of criminal sexual assault.

That's it. I'm completely incapable of discerning between vulgar, idle chatter and criminal self incriminaton.

Thank you for helping me.

Comment

I actually realized it with the binoculars comment, but I figured you'd be disappointed if I didn't play it out.
              I get that a lot.

Comment

Yes I am not using the 'clinical" definition.

But the "hey I'm not responsible for my decisions because the kid is of legal age" defense for Bubba is a bit of a stretch. But you can believe what you want.

He's responsible for his actions and the consequences. He chose to cheat on his wife, he chose to cover it up and I recall a fairly big to do about it all. Calling him a pedophile for doing it is beyond absurd. Funny thing is, words have a definition for a reason. Unless she claimed that he used his position to coerce her, I really don't see him as taking advantage of her or of his position. I do not recall her ever claiming that, if she did than I agree he is a scumbag. But really what is the cut off now before we hold people responsible for their own decisions and actions?

You sound to me like you are an awesome dad, truly and I respect that. Your daughters are lucky to have you. You should ask them about this and see what they say about their own personal responsibility at 19 years old.

Comment

• I only say that because I can imagine having an argument with my own dad exactly like this one if he was still around. He would absolutely be on your side on this.

Comment

Parents send their kids to be interns with the understanding that they can trust those who they will be learning from.
                    I have no idea what your personal experiences have been but most 19 year old kids are just that.....kids.
                    For a man of that kind of power to do what he did with that girl is just horrible.

But yes..."legally" he's off the hook.
                    On a human level however he's a creep.
                    A parent that sends their child to the White House to work as an intern would expect the elected leader of America, POTUS to not go after her like a lecherous, dirty piece of filth.

What Bill Clnton pulled with Monica Lewinsky is inexcusable and vile. The man is a disgusting pig.

The President of The United States is not supposed to be having affairs with young interns that more than likely, most would be too scared to turn him down if they wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                      A parent that sends their child to the White House to work as an intern would expect the elected leader of America, POTUS to not go after her like a lecherous, dirty piece of filth.

What Bill Clnton pulled with Monica Lewinsky is inexcusable and vile. The man is a disgusting pig.

The President of The United States is not supposed to be having affairs with young interns that more than likely, most would be too scared to turn him down if they wanted to.
                      Really hard to give a halfway decent bj when you are scared or nervous. Try sometime, you'll understand what I mean. It isn't something you can do passively or tentatively.

Comment

Really hard to give a halfway decent bj when you are scared or nervous. Try sometime, you'll understand what I mean. It isn't something you can do passively or tentatively.
                        I'll take your word on it.

Comment

• I think we need to change the subject.
                          How about them G Men!!!!!!!

Comment

I only say that because I can imagine having an argument with my own dad exactly like this one if he was still around. He would absolutely be on your side on this.
                            Honestly if you look at the maturity level of most 19 year old girls these days it's worse than ever. The 19 year old back in the 60's and 70's was moved out, and was starting a life. 30 is like the new 19 for kids these days. The maturity and responsibility level of these kids gets worse and worse each generation IMO

Comment

I think we need to change the subject.
                              How about them G Men!!!!!!!
                              Only thing that worries me is the bears are 6th in sacks this year. That could be an issue. But we will get turnovers against cutler. Also nobody had really run on us this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                                Only thing that worries me is the bears are 6th in sacks this year. That could be an issue. But we will get turnovers against cutler. Also nobody had really run on us this year.
                                Anyone thinks Landon Collins WON'T get a pick on Sunday?

Comment

Working...
                                X