This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
    Yea. That's the mature way to handle and what would of been best. I wish I would of handled it that way. I do think there is a difference in regards to gender but if I gave my opinion on that you will really look at me as a caveman lol
    Of course there is a difference between genders, but only as it relates to force. A man, pretty much any man, could overpower me and force me to do whatever he wants. That can be scary but it is simple reality. In that instance I would be a victim. It doesn't sound to me like force was involved at all, for neither Monica nor your sister. So it comes down to choice, they made one, they can live with it, they cannot blame anybody else if it goes wrong. You are not doing her a service by preventing her the ability to make her own choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Its mostly because they are not held responsible for their own decisions. They are not treated like they are capable of making them. Better to have those harsh lessons at 19 than at 30.
      Better to not have the lesson come from POTUS while being their intern.

If you can't see how wrong it is for The President of The United States to have sexual relations with the people that intern or work for him,, then there's no hope for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post

If you can't see how wrong it is for The President of The United States to have sexual relations with the people that intern or work for him,, then there's no hope for you.
        I don't see the sexual relations of two consenting adults as any of my business. If he somehow used his power or influence to coerce her, this would be inappropriate. You and others are assuming he did, which is where my issues lives. You are ignoring that it might have happened because she wanted it to happen. If she made statements regarding this coercion, then please correct my mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
          btw- that seems like a good lesson to learn. That people no matter their position, power, money or influence are just people and are subject to the same failings as anybody else. Solid life lesson driven home.
          Last edited by jmike; 11-18-2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• OMG I want Subway so bad :-( i'm not understanding these random food cravings, no i'm not pregnant
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I don't see the sexual relations of two consenting adults as any of my business. If he somehow used his power or influence to coerce her, this would be inappropriate. You and others are assuming he did, which is where my issues lives. You are ignoring that it might have happened because she wanted it to happen. If she made statements regarding this coercion, then please correct my mistake.
              I mean no offense but maybe you need to hang out with a better class of people.

Based on your posts.......your bar for what is acceptable human behavior is far too low.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                OMG I want Subway so bad :-( i'm not understanding these random food cravings, no i'm not pregnant
                Could you at least crave for better food than Subway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  I mean no offense but maybe you need to hang out with a better class of people.

Based on your posts.......your bar for what is acceptable human behavior is far too low.
                  No the thing with her is she is someone who takes responsibility and is very independent so she would never see it as these young girls being victimized because she is somemone who would be hard to take advantage of.

Comment

No the thing with her is she is someone who takes responsibility and is very independent so she would never see it as these young girls being victimized because she is somemone who would be hard to take advantage of.
                    Not just referring to today's conversation.

Some behavior is just awful. Just because you've seen it before or have come to accept it, doesn't make it any less awful.

Comment

Not just referring to today's conversation.

Some behavior is just awful. Just because you've seen it before or have come to accept it, doesn't make it any less awful.
                      Oh no I agree. IMO there is nothing ok or acceptable about a 50 year old with a 19 year old. I even thought 28 and 20 is a little off. I think Jmike's view is the 19 year old because of legal age is a consenting adult, which is true legally but IMO a 19 girl is a kid

Comment

• But yes there are some behaviors that are not acceptable and what Clinton did is one of them

Comment

• Just saw a special on fox sports ranking the best baseball brawls of all time.

#1 was Yankees v redsox 1975 I believe. The one where Mickey rivers was cheap shotting everyone. Nettles really slammed lee in that one too. Pudge got some good shots in on pinella too. Now that was a great brawl.

Comment

Really hard to give a halfway decent bj when you are scared or nervous. Try sometime, you'll understand what I mean. It isn't something you can do passively or tentatively.
                            I know, right?

I may have said too much.

Comment

Oh no I agree. IMO there is nothing ok or acceptable about a 50 year old with a 19 year old. I even thought 28 and 20 is a little off. I think Jmike's view is the 19 year old because of legal age is a consenting adult, which is true legally but IMO a 19 girl is a kid
                              When you're 19...you basically don't know squat. You may think you do but you don't.
                              You may be "of age", but you're still a child.

Comment

Could you at least crave for better food than Subway?
                                Subway is the best, so you're wrong.
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X