This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
    I loved the old survivor series matchups. It used to be on thanksgiving night. The Lesnar v gberg made no sense. They squashed the biggest draw they have and the guy who ended the undertaker's streak to a guy who is only signed to do the rumble? I know Goldberg can't go 5 mins even but my god. Creative sucks.
    Everyone keeps saying it's a big draw because it sets up a continuation of the feud at Rumble, and subsequently 'Mania, and that it's big money....but I don't give a single ****. It's dumb. As if anyone believes a 51 year old guy who hasn't seen a ring in 12 years can beat a guy whos had continued success in the UFC Heavyweight division. **** off...not the markiest of marks can suspend their disbelief THAT much....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

That's the only good wrestling left.
      and NXT!!!
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        Everyone keeps saying it's a big draw because it sets up a continuation of the feud at Rumble, and subsequently 'Mania, and that it's big money....but I don't give a single ****. It's dumb. As if anyone believes a 51 year old guy who hasn't seen a ring in 12 years can beat a guy whos had continued success in the UFC Heavyweight division. **** off...not the markiest of marks can suspend their disbelief THAT much....
        Agreed only thing is Goldberg is as close as the wwe can get to a legit threat to lesnar. But ur right it's not 1998 Goldberg is trash.

Comment

and NXT!!!
          Yo I just checked out the card, ur gonna see some great matches. The young bucks are the best tag team in the world. Also I'm old school seeing Jushin thunder would make me mark out.

Comment

You do know its all acting right? They could stand up a corpse and have him win if they wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              You do know its all acting right? They could stand up a corpse and have him win if they wanted to.
              It's the suspended disbelief. Like a soap opera for guys.

Comment

It's the suspended disbelief. Like a soap opera for guys.
                So suspend disbelief, don't complain when something isn't believable, can't have it both ways.

Comment

So suspend disbelief, don't complain when something isn't believable, can't have it both ways.
                  It's not that. You want to be able to suspend it and not watch something that is too hard to believe

Comment

It's not that. You want to be able to suspend it and not watch something that is too hard to believe
                    Look, I have nothing against wrestling, not my cup of tea but if you enjoy it great. But what part of wrestling is even remotely believable? The fighing isn't even realistic, nobody who wants to actually win a fight would play all those games around a ring.

Comment

Look, I have nothing against wrestling, not my cup of tea but if you enjoy it great. But what part of wrestling is even remotely believable? The fighing isn't even realistic, nobody who wants to actually win a fight would play all those games around a ring.
                      I always liked the story lines, and the wrestlers going for titles. Seeing who wins, the athleticism. It's kind of lame thd whole concept but it was very big in the 80's when I was a kid so I guess it stuck with me.

Comment

I always liked the story lines, and the wrestlers going for titles. Seeing who wins, the athleticism. It's kind of lame thd whole concept but it was very big in the 80's when I was a kid so I guess it stuck with me.
                        I'm glad you do enjoy it. We all need things to let our brains rest for a bit. I like anime, some of it is absurd, but its fun.

Comment

You're defining the only thing that makes it entertaining.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I'm glad you do enjoy it. We all need things to let our brains rest for a bit. I like anime, some of it is absurd, but its fun.
                            Guy at my job watches that in his down time. Was never for me but some are pretty violent and adult themed so I can see the appeal. I tried watching dragon ball z but too much back story

Comment

Yo I just checked out the card, ur gonna see some great matches. The young bucks are the best tag team in the world. Also I'm old school seeing Jushin thunder would make me mark out.
                              Not a huge Bucks fan, but.....I was stoked to see ADAM COLE BAYBAYYY!!! with the title defend against O'Reilly, both of whom I'm a huge fan of.
                              I also like Bobby Fish who was supposed to defend the TV Title against Dragon Lee, from CMLL.
                              However, Will Ospreay(whos AMAZING) beat Fish for it....only to lose the title THE NEXT DAY, to....THE VILLAIN, Marty Scurll...who is one of my favorite heels from his PWG days. So now it's a 4 corner match which should be insane.

So yea, those two matches alone are worth it not to mention all the other great stuff.
                              Briscoes vs Bucks!!!!
                              Jay Lethal vs Cody Rhodes
                              Dalton Castle vs Colt Cabana
                              Silas vs Jushin Thunder Liger

STACKED!!!
                              Last edited by JPizzack; 11-29-2016, 11:50 AM.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I decided to get the most obnoxious shirt to wear to it, so I picked up a Bobby Fish shirt that says "KING S*** of F*** MOUNTAIN"

(Don't Ban me, it's the only way to convey what the shirt actually says lol)
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X