Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I don't mind the Young Bucks, but.....their star power is alarming. people are straight up crazy for them....like where I'm afraid to tell people I don't like the Young Bucks because apparently I'm immediately wrong? lol
    It just makes me uncomfortable that it's like a ****ing cult.
    The appeal that they have to me is they are a throw back to the old days of wrestling. Not in the sense of style or work rate but that they are an actual tag team, not just two guys thrown together. Also they have been together for a significant amount of time you don't see that these days. Back in the 80's teams were together for long stretches and it made for better action. Tag teams are a forgotten commodity these days. Especially in the wwe. I actually wanted the briscoes to go over though.
    Last edited by Ztown; 12-06-2016, 06:02 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
      The appeal tha they have to me is they are a throw back to the old day of wrestling. Not in the sense of style or work rate but that they are an actual tag team, not just two guys thrown together. Also they have been together for a significant amount of time you don't see that these days. Back in the 80's teams were together for long stretches and it made for better action. Tag teams are a forgotten commodity these days. Especially in the wwe. I actually wanted the briscoes to go over though.
      Tag wrestling is great everywhere except main roster wwe. I hate tag wrestling there. it's trite, repetitive, and predictable.

      I don't think the YBs are any of those thing you said, other than a tenured team. They are pretty universally hated among the old timers for not "protecting the business".
      They don't sell, the over-do everything, their moves are unnecessary. I get why people hate them lol.

      Did I mention that their gimmick is basically "we are ripping off the kliq" ?
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        Tag wrestling is great everywhere except main roster wwe. I hate tag wrestling there.

        I don't think the YBs are any of those thing you said, other than a tenured team. They are pretty universally hated among the old timers for not "protecting the business".
        They don't sell, the over-do everything, their moves are unnecessary. I get why people hate them lol.

        Did I mention that their gimmick is basically "we are ripping off the kliq" ?
        I blame the teams they work with. One super kick should put you out. God I watched a match where they gave 20 in a row and then finally dropped their opponents. They stayed on their knees and just took kick after kick. It was lame. ROH gets it right for the most part, it's about thd matches and titles there.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          Tag wrestling is great everywhere except main roster wwe. I hate tag wrestling there. it's trite, repetitive, and predictable.

          I don't think the YBs are any of those thing you said, other than a tenured team. They are pretty universally hated among the old timers for not "protecting the business".
          They don't sell, the over-do everything, their moves are unnecessary. I get why people hate them lol.

          Did I mention that their gimmick is basically "we are ripping off the kliq" ?
          Ripping of the Kliq? Are they taking dumps in the boys bags ? Lol

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
            I blame the teams they work with. One super kick should put you out. God I watched a match where they gave 20 in a row and then finally dropped their opponents. They stayed on their knees and just took kick after kick. It was lame. ROH gets it right for the most part, it's about thd matches and titles there.
            Ha!! that's basically what happened to the Briscoes on Friday.

            One thing I did like, was during the times where they were obviously going for a Superkick, when they landed one, the whole crowd would go "SUPERRRKIIIICK!!!!!", just like Steve Corino yells lol. It was kinda fun to do actually
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Im pretty jealous you got to see liger. He is a legend in Japan and has drawn a lot of money in his career.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                Ripping of the Kliq? Are they taking dumps in the boys bags ? Lol
                lol, Bullet Club in general is straight up nWo rip-off, they do the whole two-sweet devil horns thing, etc...
                Bucks do the DX crotch chops.....
                So yea, The Kliq....

                What makes me sad is, you know who started Bullet Club? Finn Balor =\
                So we have him to thank for it.....
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  Ha!! that's basically what happened to the Briscoes on Friday.

                  One thing I did like, was during the times where they were obviously going for a Superkick, when they landed one, the whole crowd would go "SUPERRRKIIIICK!!!!!", just like Steve Corino yells lol. It was kinda fun to do actually
                  I didn't like the main event result. Cole dropped the title too soon. Is he leaving or something ?

                  Comment


                  • Oh btw Veda Scott is hotter than ur girl from wwe

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                      I didn't like the main event result. Cole dropped the title too soon. Is he leaving or something ?
                      No, not yet, but I think O'Reilly is, so they are giving him one run as a thank you maybe.
                      I agree though, Adam Cole needed that long heel run.
                      I was surprised he lost too. I though Bullet Club was cleaning house that night after the Bucks retained.

                      Goddamn I'm such a mark for Adam Cole, lol

                      Btw, Cole & The Young Bucks are nicknamed The Superkliq.....get it? =\
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

                      It's too bad, I'm too good....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                        Oh btw Veda Scott is hotter than ur girl from wwe
                        Not even close....

                        ugh gross.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

                        It's too bad, I'm too good....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                          No, not yet, but I think O'Reilly is, so they are giving him one run as a thank you maybe.
                          I agree though, Adam Cole needed that long heel run.

                          Goddamn I'm such a mark for Adam Cole, lol

                          Btw, Cole & The Young Bucks are nicknamed The Superkliq.....get it? =\
                          Haha yes and it's corny but good.

                          Having cole as a long running heel champ would be much more intriguing. They can get a bunch of baby faces over trying to chase the title. Cole is the best heel going right now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            Not even close....

                            ugh gross.
                            So ur saying you wouldn't ? I would she has a look to her

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                              So ur saying you wouldn't ? I would she has a look to her
                              I'd smash....but, not my style.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

                              It's too bad, I'm too good....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                                Haha yes and it's corny but good.

                                Having cole as a long running heel champ would be much more intriguing. They can get a bunch of baby faces over trying to chase the title. Cole is the best heel going right now.
                                Yea, he really is the best right now.

                                plus, who doesn't love yelling "ADAM COOOOLE BAYBAAAAAAAY!!!!" ???
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X