X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

What about the news? Biographies?
    What does this part mean? What are you asking me? I'm sure I can explain if I better understood.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
      Oh btw Veda Scott is hotter than ur girl from wwe
      Not seeing it

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        lol, what part don't you get though? It's a form of entertainment. just because it uses "wrestling" to convey the entertainment doesn't make it any less fake than literally any other thing on tv. I don't see the difference.

It's not fake if real things are happening. The results are predetermined(usually). But **** man, people get messed up in wrestling all the time. The people take a beating.
        No I agree, its a form of entertainment. But to call it the "oldest athletic competition in America", you said yourself, the fights are predetermined so how exactly is that competing?

The definition of competing-strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others who are trying to do the same.

They arent winning anything if its already been decided by Vince or whoever who will win.
        Last edited by dezzzR; 12-07-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

What about the news? Biographies?
          Both of those are fake as well. Every news outlet skews the news towards the narrative they prefer and biographies do the same thing.

Wrestling is performers putting on a show in order to entertain the audience. I don't personally find it entertaining but I don't see how it deserves any more derision than most forms of entertainment.

Comment

No I agree, its a form of entertainment. But to call it the "oldest athletic competition in America", you said yourself, the fights are predetermined so how exactly is that competing?
            They are competing with other entertainers. The more entertaining wrestlers get to wrestle more and probably get to earn more money. If you are boring, you are losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Both of those are fake as well. Every news outlet skews the news towards the narrative they prefer and biographies do the same thing.

Wrestling is performers putting on a show in order to entertain the audience. I don't personally find it entertaining but I don't see how it deserves any more derision than most forms of entertainment.
              Oh, was he asking about comparing it to those? Ok, I get it. I didn't know he wanted to draw the comparison.
              News, don't get me started. Biographies, sure...but even that is heavily subjected to revisionist history.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

They are competing with other entertainers. The more entertaining wrestlers get to wrestle more and probably get to earn more money. If you are boring, you are losing.
                This is VERY true in wrestling. You are competing for your spot. If you "get over" with crowds, you will look better on the program, likely win more, get the top championships, and probably get a helluva lot more money for your work.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

This is VERY true in wrestling. You are competing for your spot. If you "get over" with crowds, you will look better on the program, likely win more, get the top championships, and probably get a helluva lot more money for your work.
                  Its much like figure skating, you win based on subjective opinions, even the outfits are similar.

Comment

No its not Jmike, a plane crashes, that really happened, a warehouse burned down, that really happened, Trump won, Yes that really friggin happened. Some of it might be given from a certain point of view but at the end of the day those events still took place.

Comment

Its much like figure skating, you win based on subjective opinions, even the outfits are similar.
                      hahahaha.....
                      I guess it's kinda like that. No judges, but, really youre just trying to win over the fans.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I went morbid there, didnt I?

Comment

So its a pageant?

Comment

No its not Jmike, a plane crashes, that really happened, a warehouse burned down, that really happened, Trump won, Yes that really friggin happened. Some of it might be given from a certain point of view but at the end of the day those events still took place.
                            Yes and in wrestling the Jumping Jonas really did jump from the top rope and the Red Rooster really did pretend to get kicked in the head when he did. That is what happened. Now decide if that is entertaining to you.

Comment

hahahaha.....
                              I guess it's kinda like that. No judges, but, really youre just trying to win over the fans.
                              Well the fans are the judges or really the organizers judge based on how the fans respond. Either way it is based on the judgement of an observer or group of observers.

Comment

Yes and in wrestling the Jumping Jonas really did jump from the top rope and the Red Rooster really did pretend to get kicked in the head when he did. That is what happened. Now decide if that is entertaining to you.
                                But did he really win? Thats the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X