X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That or a biography on Erik Dorsey.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      OK, not sure how many readers there are on here, but I need some suggestions on authors as I am running out of books by my favorites that are available to me.

My 3 favorite Authors are Brandon Sanderson, Terry Pratchett (RIP) and Jim Butcher

Others I enjoy most of their stuff include Orsen Scott Card, Neal Gaiman, Greg Bear, and Joe Abercrombie.

I like fantasy, sci-fi, magic, advanced technology, stories of war, battles, rebellion; preferably with a romantic sub-plot but not the main plot.

Favorite books include Mistborn: The Final Empire Sanderson, Neverwhere Gaimon The Heroes Abercrombie.

Any ideas?

I'm a voracious* reader but none of what I read seems to hit any of the notes you seek above.

I like both non fiction and fiction but my fiction tastes tend to veer toward suspense/thriller/detective stuff. Connelly, Hunter, Cussler, Child that kind of ****. Non fiction could be anything from historical to biography to self help. Sorry

*not actually voracious, I just like how that sounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        voracious... vooracious... vooooracious... I just like how that sounds
        That word is sooooo woody. You just have to massage it out of your mouth!

Comment

• My mom is an avid reader, and enjoys a fellow named John Grisham very much. I had recently bought a book for her that involved mining in Virginia, where she lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
            My mom is an avid reader, and enjoys a fellow named John Grisham very much. I had recently bought a book for her that involved mining in Virginia, where she lives.
            I'm not much of a reader these days. When I was though, I liked The Client, and The Rainmaker by Grisham. Don't know why those two specifically, but, yea...I liked them.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Wish I could contribute to the convo, but....yea, I just don't have anything to recommend.

How about "HAVE A NICE DAY!!!" by Mick Foley? haha
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                I'm not much of a reader these days. When I was though, I liked The Client, and The Rainmaker by Grisham. Don't know why those two specifically, but, yea...I liked them.
                I'm not a reader or movie goer - but I guess many of his books have been made into movies?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  I'm not a reader or movie goer - but I guess many of his books have been made into movies?
                  not exactly good ones, but, yes.

I mean, in retrospect they've pulled some great names for their movies: Tom Cruise, Susan Sarandon, Tommy Lee Jones, Matt Damon, Clair Danes, Jon Voight.....
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    Wish I could contribute to the convo, but....yea, I just don't have anything to recommend.

How about "HAVE A NICE DAY!!!" by Mick Foley? haha
                    That was a very successful book. He actually wrote that himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                      That was a very successful book. He actually wrote that himself.
                      You mean the author actually wrote it?!

Wow, who woulda guessed?

Comment

You mean the author actually wrote it?!

Wow, who woulda guessed?
                        Lol. I mean he edited and actually worded it himself. That's rare for celebrities

Comment

• I read the internet

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                            I read the internet
                            That must have taken a while.

Comment

That must have taken a while.
                              haha other tence "reed" not "red"

I used to read books all the time when I was in high school "I hated school" to pass the time I would read . Mostly during study hall but if I could get away with it I'd read during class just stick the book inside the book we were suppose to be studying.... This pretty much explains my poor grammar . I mostly read westerns and such ...anyhow

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                                haha other tence "reed" not "red"

I used to read books all the time when I was in high school "I hated school" to pass the time I would read . Mostly during study hall but if I could get away with it I'd read during class just stick the book inside the book we were suppose to be studying.... This pretty much explains my poor grammar . I mostly read westerns and such ...anyhow
                                I was the same way in high school. This may come as a big surprise to you guys but my grades were poor in high school. However I did go to one of the best engineering colleges in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X