This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    I no longer need to go ice fishing. My refrigerator has an ice maker now, much easier.
    oh man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
      I think I recall you mentioning that. Penn state right ?
      Yup. The scholarship wasn't from the school, so I was trying to find a school that it would cover most of it. I earned it for an engine I created for a science fair. They got the rights to my design and I got the scholarship. Its ok, it was a good design and all but it had some fatal flaws that I couldn't work out when scaled up to a functional size. They ended up using some of the gearing ideas to save energy on manufacturing engines, or so I was told several years later. My design was for an auto engine that ran without fuel. Just crank it, push it and it would continue until you stopped it. Traffic lights would be a problem and the weight ratio failed on hills when it was made of steel and going uphill. But hey, I was in high school.

Comment

Ha...funny, I enjoyed class. Was attentive, enjoyed learning, got great grades, earned an engineering scholarship.....then ****** it all up. Funny how life never seems to go the way you would expect. But there is happiness out there for everyone, if you are willing to grab it when you spot it an never let go.
        I wanted to build an auto repair shop and build hotrods and such .. 15 years out of high school started building houses ..
        Last edited by byron; 12-08-2016, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
          oh man

Comment

I wanted to build auto repair shop and build hotrods and such .. 15 years out of high school started building houses ..
            Well shoot, I should have called you in to help restore this money pit of mine.

Comment

Well shoot, I should have called you in to help restore this money pit of mine.
              From past comments about it sounds like a nice place when did you do the re-build ?

Comment

Yup. The scholarship wasn't from the school, so I was trying to find a school that it would cover most of it. I earned it for an engine I created for a science fair. They got the rights to my design and I got the scholarship. Its ok, it was a good design and all but it had some fatal flaws that I couldn't work out when scaled up to a functional size. They ended up using some of the gearing ideas to save energy on manufacturing engines, or so I was told several years later. My design was for an auto engine that ran without fuel. Just crank it, push it and it would continue until you stopped it. Traffic lights would be a problem and the weight ratio failed on hills when it was made of steel and going uphill. But hey, I was in high school.
                Wow that's amazing. Any interest in that type of stuff these days ?

Comment

I wanted to build an auto repair shop and build hotrods and such .. 15 years out of high school started building houses ..
                  That has got be an awesome feeling once you are finished.

Comment

That has got be an awesome feeling once you are finished.
                    yeah I liked building stuff even as a young child.. it was rewarding met a lot of good people .. I been helping with a build this year they asked me to guide them along , but it wasn't long before I was right in there swinging, can't stay away from it , this cold weather is kicking my *** but I keep going back for more.. haha

Comment

I struggled with most subjects. I went to a great school for engineering but my major was criminology lol. Not much use for that degree

I disagree. My Dad taught that at ASU for a while when I was a kid.

Comment

• Rosie outdid himself today.

I don't know if it was inadvertent or not, but that Aikman tape thread has turned into an interesting piece of homoerotic art.

If it wasn't, that is some genius ****.

Comment

From past comments about it sounds like a nice place when did you do the re-build ?
                          Didnt she say the elevator was an old payphone booth she tied to a piece of rope?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            Rosie outdid himself today.

I don't know if it was inadvertent or not, but that Aikman tape thread has turned into an interesting piece of homoerotic art.

If it wasn't, that is some genius ****.
                            That was a pretty good thread. He likes stirring it up a bit. Glad to see he isn't making degrading commments about minorites like he has in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Didnt she say the elevator was an old payphone booth she tied to a piece of rope?
                              Yes. She pays Rickety Cricket an onion a day to crank it.

Comment

That was a pretty good thread. He likes stirring it up a bit. Glad to see he isn't making degrading commments about minorites like he has in the past.
                                I never saw the comment to which you refer and frankly its existence would surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                                X