This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    From past comments about it sounds like a nice place when did you do the re-build ?
    A few years ago, shortly after I stopped posting here for the first time. Nearly cost me Beth with the mess it became. The contractor said they could have one unit livable by a certain date and I believed him and ended my lease. Well, there were more problems than I expected and she wasn't thrilled living in the city in a building that was missing walls, might have a 10 foot drop right outside the door, etc...it was a cluster**** at times. She ended up living with my sister for a while and I bounced between there and sleeping on location. In retrospect, it was a pretty stupid idea on my part, but the project was stretching even my resources fairly thin seeing as I was unable to get loans for any of it until it was stucturally sound and actually worth something. It was an abandoned building owned by the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
      Wow that's amazing. Any interest in that type of stuff these days ?
      No

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Didnt she say the elevator was an old payphone booth she tied to a piece of rope?
        The elevator is there to meet housing requirements and is the smallest one I could get, two people are a tight squeeze. Nobody here has a key but me, I let the tenants use it if they have a heavy package or something, but otherwise use the stairs.

Comment

• Iv been craving for cigarettes lately. Havent smoked in almost 10 years.

Comment

• What errybody doing this weekend?

Comment

What errybody doing this weekend?
              I have to go see the "Nutcracker" on Saturday and watch my grand daughter be a baker for about two minutes.

In other words, Sunday can't come soon enough.

But tonight I do pick up my Club Championship trophy at the club Christmas party...so I get to be important for a minute.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

What errybody doing this weekend?
                Painting by daughter's room, going to try to get 18 in tomorrow morning weather permitting.

Comment

Painting by daughter's room, going to try to get 18 in tomorrow morning weather permitting.
                  Never really grasped the attraction to golf. Seemed like a frustrating way to go for a walk. My dad tried picking it up when I was in Jr. High and I of course joined him in the endeavor. Neither of us took to it. Funny since he was born in Scottland. He loved rugby as a kid and became a huge football and baseball fan when he moved here.

Comment

• I did learn that you can hit a golf ball very far with an aluminum softball bat though. Much futher and more accurately than with a golf club too. Just need a taller tee.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      Never really grasped the attraction to golf. Seemed like a frustrating way to go for a walk. My dad tried picking it up when I was in Jr. High and I of course joined him in the endeavor. Neither of us took to it. Funny since he was born in Scottland. He loved rugby as a kid and became a huge football and baseball fan when he moved here.
                      I meant disc golf. Real golf is much harder and frustrating. Less athletic ability required for real golf though. What is or was your favorite sport to play ?
                      Last edited by Ztown; 12-09-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I did learn that you can hit a golf ball very far with an aluminum softball bat though. Much futher and more accurately than with a golf club too. Just need a taller tee.
                        No kidding lol. You can catch a lot of fish using dynamite too.

Comment

I meant disc golf. Real golf is much harder frustrating. Less athletic ability required for real golf though. What is or was your favorite sport to play ?
                          Disc golf requires no more athletic ability than golf which requires more than what you would think by watching. The skills are different though and golf requires the encorporation of the entire body (which is what makes it so difficult) while disc golf does not. I have played both enough to get fairly decent at them before I decided neither was for me. I never liked giving up on something because I wasn't good at it, so I would make sure I was at least adequate before deciding that it wasn't fun for me.

Baseball/Softball, could play all day. I wasn't particularly good at that either, I'm not much of an athlete. But I enjoyed it and worked hard and was good enough to play a lot. Couldn't hit worth a damn, but my OBP was good, I was a better than average in the field and while not fast I was a good base runner. My strike zone was so small it got to the point where I wouldn't even attempt a swing until I got two strikes. My best season at the plate I lead my team in runs and had a nearly .700 OBP but my batting average was around .100 (a little below as I recall). I had more than one first baseman ask me if I even knew how to swing a bat when I walked down to first.

Comment

No kidding lol. You can catch a lot of fish using dynamite too.
                            No, you kill a lot of fish with the dynamite. You still need a net to go around and catch them.

Comment

Disc golf requires no more athletic ability than golf which requires more than what you would think by watching. The skills are different though and golf requires the encorporation of the entire body (which is what makes it so difficult) while disc golf does not. I have played both enough to get fairly decent at them before I decided neither was for me. I never liked giving up on something because I wasn't good at it, so I would make sure I was at least adequate before deciding that it wasn't fun for me.

Baseball/Softball, could play all day. I wasn't particularly good at that either, I'm not much of an athlete. But I enjoyed it and worked hard and was good enough to play a lot. Couldn't hit worth a damn, but my OBP was good, I was a better than average in the field and while not fast I was a good base runner. My strike zone was so small it got to the point where I wouldn't even attempt a swing until I got two strikes. My best season at the plate I lead my team in runs and had a nearly .700 OBP but my batting average was around .100 (a little below as I recall). I had more than one first baseman ask me if I even knew how to swing a bat when I walked down to first.
                              I'm laughing about ur OBP compared to ur BA. If you crouch in your stance it may be impossible to throw you a strike. I miss playing playing baseball more than any sport. I tried playing in slow pitch softball leagues in since college but it's not the same. Snagging fly balls is never a bad time though.

Comment

I'm laughing about ur OBP compared to ur BA. If you crouch in your stance it may be impossible to throw you a strike. I miss playing playing baseball more than any sport. I tried playing in slow pitch softball leagues in since college but it's not the same. Snagging fly balls is never a bad time though.
                                Well it is helpful that high school softball pitchers are not particularly accurate in general. Many knew I wouldn't be swinging and they still couldn't throw me a strike. The good pitchers though just struck me out with ease.

Comment

Working...
                                X