Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a gif of Sasha Banks nearly dying, doing a topee suicida(appropriately named)

Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      I don't bother trying to get people to watch it lol. You either you get it, or you don't. I could TELL people things that I think might interest them....but it likely wouldn't matter.
      Example: There's something of a renaissance of women's wrestling going on right now, where some of the most well-liked performers in the "smart fan" community are women. great workers. revolutionary **** that has NEVER happened before. And I feel like if people knew that, they might find it interesting simply because you would have never guessed that. idk, kinda cool to me I guess.
      Actually it doesn't surprise me to see a rise in women's wrestling. I am only surprised that it hasn't always been very popular. I would be interested to know why it is just now seeing this renaissance, what has changed. Because the fans of wrestling tends to be predominently men, and I have found most men would prefer watching oiled up women rolling around on the mat over oiled up guys. So there is obviously more to it that the visceral reaction to the action.

Comment

I don't bother trying to get people to watch it lol. You either you get it, or you don't. I could TELL people things that I think might interest them....but it likely wouldn't matter.
        Example: There's something of a renaissance of women's wrestling going on right now, where some of the most well-liked performers in the "smart fan" community are women. great workers. revolutionary **** that has NEVER happened before. And I feel like if people knew that, they might find it interesting simply because you would have never guessed that. idk, kinda cool to me I guess.
        Heard ya girl was getting **** because of her brogue.

Comment

Here's a gif of Sasha Banks nearly dying, doing a topee suicida(appropriately named)

0.7 on the landing.

Comment

Here's a gif of Sasha Banks nearly dying, doing a topee suicida(appropriately named)

ummm...ow

See that is the kind of thing I don't get. The person doing the attacking there is obviously getting the worse end of the interaction. So I see that and think, why the **** would she do that? She needs to get in the ring to continue to compete, just kick her in the head every time she trys to climb up. You'll always have the angle and can beat her to the spot. If she trys to run and dive into the ring, you can see her coming and add her momentum to the strength of the kick, quite literally cracking her skull. Provided you were smart enough to wear shoes that protect your feet in a fight, the fight wasn't exactly impromptu doncha know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Actually it doesn't surprise me to see a rise in women's wrestling. I am only surprised that it hasn't always been very popular. I would be interested to know why it is just now seeing this renaissance, what has changed. Because the fans of wrestling tends to be predominently men, and I have found most men would prefer watching oiled up women rolling around on the mat over oiled up guys. So there is obviously more to it that the visceral reaction to the action.
              I think it changed due to sheer force of will of young girls wanting to be REAL wrestlers. for YEARS they were a side show act. Overly sexualized fitness models who were there for nothing other than eye candy. not many wrestlers at all, yet they were always in the ring. It was Vince McMahon creating what HE wanted to watch because he's pretty much a perv.
              It was until his son in law Paul Levesque(Triple H) created a separate brand, NXT, that women were training their ***** off, and treated like actual performers. His rule of thumb is, earn your spot, prove you belong there, and you'll headline my show. Male or female. They go off crowd reaction. If they want to see you, we'll know. Something to that effect. Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, and Bayley pretty much COMPLETELY changed the way I watched women in wrestling. And I'm part of a "demographic" that pretty much all feel that way.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I think it changed due to sheer force of will of young girls wanting to be REAL wrestlers. for YEARS they were a side show act. Overly sexualized fitness models who were there for nothing other than eye candy. not many wrestlers at all, yet they were always in the ring. It was Vince McMahon creating what HE wanted to watch because he's pretty much a perv.
                It was until his son in law Paul Levesque(Triple H) created a separate brand, NXT, that women were training their ***** off, and treated like actual performers. His rule of thumb is, earn your spot, prove you belong there, and you'll headline my show. Male or female. They go off crowd reaction. If they want to see you, we'll know. Something to that effect. Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, and Bayley pretty much COMPLETELY changed the way I watched women in wrestling. And I'm part of a "demographic" that pretty much all feel that way.
                May I make a suggestion?.....If you ever have a chance to get a girl again, please don't tell her you watch wrestling.

It's poor salesmanship.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  ummm...ow

See that is the kind of thing I don't get. The person doing the attacking there is obviously getting the worse end of the interaction. So I see that and think, why the **** would she do that? She needs to get in the ring to continue to compete, just kick her in the head every time she trys to climb up. You'll always have the angle and can beat her to the spot. If she trys to run and dive into the ring, you can see her coming and add her momentum to the strength of the kick, quite literally cracking her skull. Provided you were smart enough to wear shoes that protect your feet in a fight, the fight wasn't exactly impromptu doncha know.
                  Yea, I can't believe they haven't banned that move yet. It's impossible to catch someone properly(as you can see Charlotte trying her damndest lol).
                  There's a landing even worse than that, hold on.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    May I make a suggestion?.....If you ever have a chance to get a girl again, please don't tell her you watch wrestling.

It's poor salesmanship.
                    like I said, I usually don't talk about it because it doesn't matter really. People like what they like.

And you can say that, but for me, if youre a girl and watch reality tv, that's a dealbreaker. that's the lowest form of entertainment.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

like I said, I usually don't talk about it because it doesn't matter really. People like what they like.

And you can say that, but for me, if youre a girl and watch reality tv, that's a dealbreaker. that's the lowest form of entertainment.
                      Well no one can say that wrestling is "reality".

So there's that.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Cesaro doing the same thing and missing.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Heard ya girl was getting **** because of her brogue.
                          Yea I heard the same. Vince McMahon is a POS, so...if you're "not like him" youre barely human, if you catch my drift.
                          Which is hilarious because he's technically irish lol
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            0.7 on the landing.
                            lmao

"OOOOOOO.....Nice form, a little rough on the landing. He maaay have to settle for the bronze...."
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's poor salesmanship.
                              Ignore MH, go ahead and admit it. If somebody is going to dump you because of your choice in mindless entertaiment, they aren't worth your time. Like making reality TV a dealbreaker or their choice is sports teams, just dumb to have a hardline stance on something so unimportant.

Comment

ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X