This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    And Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, Tony Romo was a UDFA, why waste a high pick on a QB?

Eliminating a player from a round as low as the fourth because of his position is dumb.
    Bad point. You site the one in a million as your example. You think that's a good comparison?

Comment

It seems I have been very unclear in my questions recently.
      Nah I'm bad at reading comprehension. I should of read closer

Comment

• I forgot we had Stover! Remember his funky kicking style?

Comment

And Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, Tony Romo was a UDFA, why waste a high pick on a QB?

Eliminating a player from a round as low as the fourth because of his position is dumb.
          History has shown that kickers who are drafted higher are on average no better than ordinary. So why draft one?
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            History has shown that kickers who are drafted higher are on average no better than ordinary. So why draft one?
            Because your scouting on him says he is more likely to be a good player than any alternative available. Same reason you draft anyone.

Comment

• History has shown that players drafted in the 7th round are on average are not NFL quality players, so why draft anyone?

Comment

History has shown that players drafted in the 7th round are on average are not NFL quality players, so why draft anyone?
                I'm with you in the thinking that if you evaluate a player and think he is going to be a very good nfl player.. You don't go by what history tells you , you draft him .. I highly doubt that GM's are looking at what history tells them.. They develop their own criteria with the help of their scouts ... As far as the kicker question goes I'd wait till the last round or pick up an undrafted if there was one there I liked... I base this on my own drafting criteria developed after playing FF for 5 years . "BPA wing it type thing"

Comment

Because your scouting on him says he is more likely to be a good player than any alternative available. Same reason you draft anyone.
                  Kickers are pretty much a dime a dozen.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• No, we need all the picks we have for O.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Kickers are pretty much a dime a dozen.
                      Seems to me the good ones get a few million dollars per season. I don't think your pay structure would fly with the players union and why would you take up so many roster spots with kickers?

Comment

Seems to me the good ones get a few million dollars per season. I don't think your pay structure would fly with the players union and why would you take up so many roster spots with kickers?
                        im glad they got rid of him but josh brown was the best kicker we've had in a long time. Can't think of one better in recent years.

Comment

• 2 questions. Best coffee to wake you up?

Also What was the best defensive effort in Giants history ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                            2 questions. Best coffee to wake you up?

My friend(who is a cop) gave me a bag of this coffee that is from a company that does all gun related type themes, ran by military vets.....and the one he gave me just says "STRONG AF"
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                              2 questions. Best coffee to wake you up?

Game, series, or play wise?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                My friend(who is a cop) gave me a bag of this coffee that is from a company that does all gun related type themes, ran by military vets.....and the one he gave me just says "STRONG AF"
                                haha is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X