Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment


    • Originally posted by byron View Post
      Oh... well your barking up the wrong tree !
      lol well played.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by byron View Post
        Oh... well your barking up the wrong tree !

        Aaaargh! That one was so bad I initially thought jenn posted it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          I think they'll give him a chance but I doubt he'll take it.

          I also doubt that if he did take it he'd beat out anyone in camp for a roster spot.
          The Giants keep 6 WRs in general I believe. If he goes to camp, I think he makes the team. I also think he will be better physically next season than this season. I also think that he would likely take a reduced salary to stay with the team for next year. Low one year contract to prove he still has value and maybe cash in on a good one or two year contract after that as is ticket to retirement. A low one year contract is what he will be playing on next year regardless of which team he is on, why not stay with the Giants. I think the only question is if the Giants want him back at all, I would do it, I don't see what they lose in giving Cruz one more shot at it next season. If he plays terribly in camp you can release him with no regrets.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            Aaaargh! That one was so bad I initially thought jenn posted it.


            well done Byron, well done

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
              The Giants keep 6 WRs in general I believe. If he goes to camp, I think he makes the team. I also think he will be better physically next season than this season. I also think that he would likely take a reduced salary to stay with the team for next year. Low one year contract to prove he still has value and maybe cash in on a good one or two year contract after that as is ticket to retirement. A low one year contract is what he will be playing on next year regardless of which team he is on, why not stay with the Giants. I think the only question is if the Giants want him back at all, I would do it, I don't see what they lose in giving Cruz one more shot at it next season. If he plays terribly in camp you can release him with no regrets.
              He's beenin the league too long. He would cost too much.
              Plus 4th, 5th and 6th WR's need to play ST's.
              Just think VC may be done after 2016.
              Don't take any pleasure in saying that. I've always liked Victor Cruz.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                The Giants keep 6 WRs in general I believe. If he goes to camp, I think he makes the team. I also think he will be better physically next season than this season. I also think that he would likely take a reduced salary to stay with the team for next year. Low one year contract to prove he still has value and maybe cash in on a good one or two year contract after that as is ticket to retirement. A low one year contract is what he will be playing on next year regardless of which team he is on, why not stay with the Giants. I think the only question is if the Giants want him back at all, I would do it, I don't see what they lose in giving Cruz one more shot at it next season. If he plays terribly in camp you can release him with no regrets.

                I agree with this theory I Just don;t think Cruz wants to do it. I think he believes - and probably rightly so - that he can make that money without the physical demands of being a football player.

                Comment






                • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    He's beenin the league too long. He would cost too much.
                    Plus 4th, 5th and 6th WR's need to play ST's.
                    Just think VC may be done after 2016.
                    Don't take any pleasure in saying that. I've always liked Victor Cruz.
                    You make a solid point and you are probably not wrong. I just think based on his history, if I were making the decision, I would give him one more shot on a one year deal. If he chooses not to sign it an go elsewhere, that is on him, but I'd put the offer out there. It says a lot to the players about their value to the organization beyond the yards or catches or TDs. Most competitors only ask for a chance to compete and at the very least you are offering that to a player who has given much to the team.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      I agree with this theory I Just don;t think Cruz wants to do it. I think he believes - and probably rightly so - that he can make that money without the physical demands of being a football player.
                      I think Cruz would want to give it one more shot.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        I think Cruz would want to give it one more shot.
                        Of course he would but that doesnt matter.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Of course he would but that doesnt matter.
                          Did you read what I was responding to?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            Did you read what I was responding to?
                            Hes done.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              Did you read what I was responding to?
                              how much drop off do you think is due to the McAdoo offence versus the KG offence where he had more options in his routes.. And then there's the whole time in the pocket thing where you need more time in the KG offence for things to develop which Eli isn't getting this year

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by byron View Post
                                how much drop off do you think is due to the McAdoo offence versus the KG offence where he had more options in his routes.. And then there's the whole time in the pocket thing where you need more time in the KG offence for things to develop which Eli isn't getting this year
                                I think most of the drop off is he is not all the way back physically yet. 2 years out would take a toll on a healthy body. Doubly worse to an injured one. I think giving him one more camp is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do, provided he wants it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X