Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by byron View Post
    how much drop off do you think is due to the McAdoo offence versus the KG offence where he had more options in his routes.. And then there's the whole time in the pocket thing where you need more time in the KG offence for things to develop which Eli isn't getting this year
    Hard to say.
    We have used MacAdoo's scheme with ODB and KG never had that.

    I think the old scheme had the potential to make more plays in crunch time. Hard to defend those option routes even when they know we have to throw it.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by byron View Post
      how much drop off do you think is due to the McAdoo offence versus the KG offence where he had more options in his routes.. And then there's the whole time in the pocket thing where you need more time in the KG offence for things to develop which Eli isn't getting this year
      I think much of Cruzs success was because of KG options, same thing with Steve Smith.

      Comment


      • I found it interesting that the GM of the Jags said that Bortles starting position was up to the new HC.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Hard to say.
          We have used MacAdoo's scheme with ODB and KG never had that.

          I think the old scheme had the potential to make more plays in crunch time. Hard to defend those option routes even when they know we have to throw it.
          yeah I guess what gets me is they've been stuck in a rut all year and they just keep banging their heads against wall same **** week in week out .. At some point you got to try something different.... Like Flowers if he can't pass protect get someone in there to help especially at this point in the season.. A little more time in the pocket will go a long ways at helping this passing game ...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Hard to say.
            We have used MacAdoo's scheme with ODB and KG never had that.

            I think the old scheme had the potential to make more plays in crunch time. Hard to defend those option routes even when they know we have to throw it.
            KG system was nearly unstopable when everyone was on the same page, but that also lead to its inconsistencies. Much more fun offense to watch, but I think that was because we had a good rushing attack at the time and that is always more fun than a good passing game.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
              KG system was nearly unstopable when everyone was on the same page, but that also lead to its inconsistencies. Much more fun offense to watch, but I think that was because we had a good rushing attack at the time and that is always more fun than a good passing game.
              In 11 we had an awful run game but our WRs were able to keep the chains moving, or they would score +50 yard tds like nuffin.

              Ohhhh those were the days, when WRs ran free.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                In 11 we had an awful run game but our WRs were able to keep the chains moving, or they would score +50 yard tds like nuffin.

                Ohhhh those were the days, when WRs ran free.
                Running game is still more fun to watch.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  KG system was nearly unstopable when everyone was on the same page, but that also lead to its inconsistencies. Much more fun offense to watch, but I think that was because we had a good rushing attack at the time and that is always more fun than a good passing game.
                  here my thinking if you got a player that gets it and he and Eli have proven they it why doesn't it make sense to have that in the playbook ? Even as a kind of trick play .. I just feel like Cruz is just running routes instead of breaking off based on the coverage or what the db does... I don't think that's working for him at all

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    Running game is still more fun to watch.
                    Both are exciting when in a groove.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Both are exciting when in a groove.
                      Ok, but rushing is better

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        Ok, but rushing is better
                        When your team is scoring less than 20 points a game, that should be based on a very strong running game - even when they're winning.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          Ok, but rushing is better
                          a rb getting passed the secondary is a perty thing, fer sho.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            a rb getting passed the secondary is a perty thing, fer sho.
                            If I could ever find a drive that starts inside the 5 and gets a touchdown on nothing but 3 to 5 yard runs by the same RB all the way down the field, I would save that and watch that over and over and over and over again. That IMO is offensive football at its very best and most enjoyable.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              Yeah, the kid would have been taken apart by the Hopkins of years ago. But at 52, it was too much to ask.

                              I think he underestimated how hard the kid hits.
                              Yea I saw him fight a few years ago for a belt and he won. He was the oldest or one of the oldest to win it. He should hang it up before he hurts himself.

                              Comment


                              • Vereen reinjured his tricep aghghhgadjlhfg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X