Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
    3 musketeers are over rated imo
    Back in the day... the 50's... the Three Musketeers was the biggest candy bar you could get for a nickel... and, at one time the top surface was indented to show three very distinct sections. You could actually break it in three and share with two other friends and feel like you had a substantial piece,
    Wiki --- "Costing five cents when it was introduced, it was marketed as one of the largest chocolate bars available, one that could be shared by friends."
    When candy bars became a dime, around '60, they made the bar smaller and stopped showing 3 sections, and today you don't get much for your money anymore.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jmike View Post
      He doesn't want to hear from me any more than I want to hear from him.
      I'm sure that's true.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        Back in the day... the 50's... the Three Musketeers was the biggest candy bar you could get for a nickel... and, at one time the top surface was indented to show three very distinct sections. You could actually break it in three and share with two other friends and feel like you had a substantial piece,
        Wiki --- "Costing five cents when it was introduced, it was marketed as one of the largest chocolate bars available, one that could be shared by friends."
        When candy bars became a dime, around '60, they made the bar smaller and stopped showing 3 sections, and today you don't get much for your money anymore.

        Ain't that the truth, Zim.

        A very good friend of mine was the CFO at Topps when they were battling to keep the cost of a piece of Bazooka Joe at one penny. They came up with some very cool ideas (like the creation of Gold Rush) but ultimately, the had to double it. All the way to 2 cents!

        Comment


        • Somebody raised an interesting thought, which I rejected at first but I am mulling it.

          Due to the injury issues and concerns, with the long term prospects for their health after football, somebody suggested this for the next CBA with that in mind. Any games being played by 2 teams that are out of play-off contention gets cancelled. So if the Browns and Bears were playing this week, they would simply cancel the game. Reducing the risk of injury to the players when there is nothing to be gained by either team.

          As a fan, I hate this idea, but with the league trying to find ways to make it safer and healthier for the players, not playing meaningless games would help.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            I'm sure that's true.
            They didn't find it odd you were taking a picture of their cleaning rag?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Somebody raised an interesting thought, which I rejected at first but I am mulling it.

              Due to the injury issues and concerns, with the long term prospects for their health after football, somebody suggested this for the next CBA with that in mind. Any games being played by 2 teams that are out of play-off contention gets cancelled. So if the Browns and Bears were playing this week, they would simply cancel the game. Reducing the risk of injury to the players when there is nothing to be gained by either team.

              As a fan, I hate this idea, but with the league trying to find ways to make it safer and healthier for the players, not playing meaningless games would help.
              What about the betting line?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                They didn't find it odd you were taking a picture of their cleaning rag?
                I did it on the sly

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  Others I like:



                  Eww
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    Oooh these look heavenly!
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                      Back in the day... the 50's... the Three Musketeers was the biggest candy bar you could get for a nickel... and, at one time the top surface was indented to show three very distinct sections. You could actually break it in three and share with two other friends and feel like you had a substantial piece,
                      Wiki --- "Costing five cents when it was introduced, it was marketed as one of the largest chocolate bars available, one that could be shared by friends."
                      When candy bars became a dime, around '60, they made the bar smaller and stopped showing 3 sections, and today you don't get much for your money anymore.
                      cool I don't remember that 60 I was 8 it did remind me of these

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        What's a devil dog?
                        Whaaat? Theyre real good. I like ring dings better though.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Whaaat? Theyre real good. I like ring dings better though.
                          what's a ring ding?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            what's a ring ding?
                            Stop ! I live an hour from Philly. You guys have the same stuff.

                            Also you don't like krimpets or a peanut butter candy cake, from tastycake?

                            My other question is do you like butter cups ?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                              Back in the day... the 50's... the Three Musketeers was the biggest candy bar you could get for a nickel... and, at one time the top surface was indented to show three very distinct sections. You could actually break it in three and share with two other friends and feel like you had a substantial piece,
                              Wiki --- "Costing five cents when it was introduced, it was marketed as one of the largest chocolate bars available, one that could be shared by friends."
                              When candy bars became a dime, around '60, they made the bar smaller and stopped showing 3 sections, and today you don't get much for your money anymore.
                              That's interesting Zim. I never knew that about the 3 sections. They don't make anything like the used to I guess.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                what's a ring ding?
                                COME ON JMIKE HOW OLD ARE YOU??

                                EVEN I KNOW WHAT A DAMN RING DING IS
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X