Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Anchorman? Never seen it?
    way before her time

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      oh yea that's right. San Diego, correct??
      Exactly.

      Comment


      • It's German, lol.

        https://youtu.be/8AIwaSD9Sco

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jmike View Post
          Somebody raised an interesting thought, which I rejected at first but I am mulling it.

          Due to the injury issues and concerns, with the long term prospects for their health after football, somebody suggested this for the next CBA with that in mind. Any games being played by 2 teams that are out of play-off contention gets cancelled. So if the Browns and Bears were playing this week, they would simply cancel the game. Reducing the risk of injury to the players when there is nothing to be gained by either team.

          As a fan, I hate this idea, but with the league trying to find ways to make it safer and healthier for the players, not playing meaningless games would help.
          I assume most players love the game - but of course they love money and health, too. This would only be incentive to lose, while making just as much money, and having a better chance of avoiding injury.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
            I assume most players love the game - but of course they love money and health, too. This would only be incentive to lose, while making just as much money, and having a better chance of avoiding injury.
            I guess you could work around that a bit. Maybe link part of salaries to the number of games your team plays. IDK. Still not sure it is a good idea, but worth some time to think about.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              I assume most players love the game - but of course they love money and health, too. This would only be incentive to lose, while making just as much money, and having a better chance of avoiding injury.
              They get paid to play football games, all of them. If they don't want to play get out of the game.... There are a lot of dangerous jobs in this country if you don't go to work your not going to get paid and your probably going to get fired.. I don't get it and don't like it ..

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                I guess you could work around that a bit. Maybe link part of salaries to the number of games your team plays. IDK. Still not sure it is a good idea, but worth some time to think about.
                here's a thought, get paid for the games you play ,you get hurt you get workers comp till you get back to work . In the mean till the team can pick up another player to fill in ...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by byron View Post
                  They get paid to play football games, all of them. If they don't want to play get out of the game.... There are a lot of dangerous jobs in this country if you don't go to work your not going to get paid and your probably going to get fired.. I don't get it and don't like it ..
                  There are jobs engineers are paid to be exposed to unsafe levels of radiation to work on reactors for 3 days out of 365. Essentially they get a year's worth of "safe" exposure in that amount of time. They make a few million a year.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by byron View Post
                    They get paid to play football games, all of them. If they don't want to play get out of the game.... There are a lot of dangerous jobs in this country if you don't go to work your not going to get paid and your probably going to get fired.. I don't get it and don't like it ..
                    Amen! I crack my head open and burn my arms on pipes and all sorts of dangerous things in mechanical rooms, put some paper towels and duct tape on it and get right back to it. I'm told my job title is #1 in fatalities and disfigurement for a state worker - so please spare me your grievances, Mr. multi millioniare.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      There are jobs engineers are paid to be exposed to unsafe levels of radiation to work on reactors for 3 days out of 365. Essentially they get a year's worth of "safe" exposure in that amount of time. They make a few million a year.
                      I work on high pressure hot water systems where I am now, but could have to work on high pressure steam at another facility. You don't want to live, if something fails, there. $50,000 a year base salary.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                        I work on high pressure hot water systems where I am now, but could have to work on high pressure steam at another facility. You don't want to live, if something fails, there. $50,000 a year base salary.
                        I hear you there I worked in a ship yard years ago , Steam ships were still around , dock trials could be hairy working on hot pipes and such.. High pressure steam leak can cut you in half..
                        Last edited by byron; 12-29-2016, 03:10 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                          There are jobs engineers are paid to be exposed to unsafe levels of radiation to work on reactors for 3 days out of 365. Essentially they get a year's worth of "safe" exposure in that amount of time. They make a few million a year.
                          What the hell is the game coming to !!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            There are jobs engineers are paid to be exposed to unsafe levels of radiation to work on reactors for 3 days out of 365. Essentially they get a year's worth of "safe" exposure in that amount of time. They make a few million a year.
                            Id do it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by byron View Post
                              I hear you there I worked in a ship yard years ago , Steam ships were still around , dock trials could be hairy working on hot pipes and such.. High pressure steam leak can cut you in half..
                              You don't even have to be in the path of a steam leak to die. Just a short exposure in a room with it, and you quickly loose your nose, ears, lips, then fingers, then... I realize the dangers of nuclear facilities, but they are not as widespread and have more precautions and containment / escape provisions.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                                I assume most players love the game - but of course they love money and health, too. This would only be incentive to lose, while making just as much money, and having a better chance of avoiding injury.
                                They'll never do it because it raises hell with 10s of thousands season ticket holders... reimbursements on tix and parking passes. People have charter busses scheduled, the team has employees scheduled to work... how much notice does everyone get... one week? There's a whole lot more than just concern for the players playing one less game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X