This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    They'll never do it because it raises hell with 10s of thousands season ticket holders... reimbursements on tix and parking passes. People have charter busses scheduled, the team has employees scheduled to work... how much notice does everyone get... one week? There's a whole lot more than just concern for the players playing one less game.
    That's the part I was concerned about. You could find out 10 minutes before kick-off that the game is meaningless and send everybody home. They would have to only do ones they knew would be meaningless after the Monday night game. But even still, what a mess for those people who have tickets and want to go to a game. As far as attending a game, it losses little enjoyment because it is meaningless in the standings. I'm still on the side of no on this, but I could see something like this being pushed by the NFLPA at the next CBA as a concession for more games, don't make the guys suit up for meaningless games. Maybe the dumb it down to individual player snap limitations and no inactives for meaningless games. Which I could see as a more workable solution than cancelling the games outright.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      That's the part I was concerned about. You could find out 10 minutes before kick-off that the game is meaningless and send everybody home. They would have to only do ones they knew would be meaningless after the Monday night game. But even still, what a mess for those people who have tickets and want to go to a game. As far as attending a game, it losses little enjoyment because it is meaningless in the standings. I'm still on the side of no on this, but I could see something like this being pushed by the NFLPA at the next CBA as a concession for more games, don't make the guys suit up for meaningless games. Maybe the dumb it down to individual player snap limitations and no inactives for meaningless games. Which I could see as a more workable solution than cancelling the games outright.
      You mentioned there was a thread where all this was being discussed, but I didn't find that here?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        You don't even have to be in the path of a steam leak to die. Just a short exposure in a room with it, and you quickly loose your nose, ears, lips, then fingers, then... I realize the dangers of nuclear facilities, but they are not as widespread and have more precautions and containment / escape provisions.
        oh yea, I'm willing to bet it's a lot more safe than a TON of other labor jobs.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

You mentioned there was a thread where all this was being discussed, but I didn't find that here?
          Nothing on this board, it was discussed elsewhere and I was curious about the thoughts on the topic from those here.

Comment

• So let me understand the argument here....

We shouldn't make it safer if possible because there are other lower paying jobs more dangerous?

Comment

Nothing on this board, it was discussed elsewhere and I was curious about the thoughts on the topic from those here.
              Ahhhh... testing it out in your safety zone? C'mon, get up on your chair!

Comment

So let me understand the argument here....

We shouldn't make it safer if possible because there are other lower paying jobs more dangerous?
                That's right.

Comment

Ahhhh... testing it out in your safety zone? C'mon, get up on your chair!
                  safety zone?

Comment

That's right.
                    That is among the dumbest agruments I have seen on these boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      Anchorman? Never seen it?
                      I have lol but what does it have to..never mind
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                        I have lol but what does it have to..never mind
                        " Ahh yes, Saaaan Diego. Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina. "

"No, there's no way that's correct"

"I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago. "

"Doesn't it just mean SAINT Diego?"

"No no...."

"No, that's what it means. Really."

"Agree to disagree"
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

That is among the dumbest agruments I have seen on these boards.
                          Perhaps I should clarify my opinion of football players, as long as we're here in the safe zone: I've never met one who wasn't an A-hole, and could care less about their well being, stats, or getting the contract they deserve. I do like to see the teamwork and physicality of the game. I don't believe there are any feasible safety solutions that will not compromise the excitement of the game.

Comment

well my point was to playing scheduled games over dropping games that don't matter... Hell Cleveland could have canceled the whole season .. Anyhow I screwed up in grasping your point I saw cancel games everything went red ...sorry... not against players safety at all but where is the cut off ...pro bowl level play ? maybe that's where the game is headed ?
                            Last edited by byron; 12-29-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

No. They should make it safer but in a way that makes sense that someone has actual;lay spent more than 20 seconds contemplating.

Simply put, the proposal just isn't a very good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                " Ahh yes, Saaaan Diego. Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina. "

"No, there's no way that's correct"

"I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago. "

"Doesn't it just mean SAINT Diego?"

"No no...."

"No, that's what it means. Really."

"Agree to disagree"

There were so many hilarious lines in that movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X