This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    When I played sports I had to run. I hated knowing that I was going to run, I hated running and I hated it more when I was done running and was back where I started. The only thing worse than running and ending up in the same place you started, is running on a treadmill. I'm a slow runner also. On the bright side I walk quickly and I do enjoy walking to get somewhere, and it isn't much slower than running for me.

In seriousness though, way to go MH. For your next feat, you should run to Florida and back.

Speaking of NE, can you believe my lake is iced over already? I don't recall the last time it was solid this early in the season. I hope our dock survives.
    raining up here right now ...you don't take the dock out ?

Comment

When I played sports I had to run. I hated knowing that I was going to run, I hated running and I hated it more when I was done running and was back where I started. The only thing worse than running and ending up in the same place you started, is running on a treadmill. I'm a slow runner also. On the bright side I walk quickly and I do enjoy walking to get somewhere, and it isn't much slower than running for me.

In seriousness though, way to go MH. For your next feat, you should run to Florida and back.

Speaking of NE, can you believe my lake is iced over already? I don't recall the last time it was solid this early in the season. I hope our dock survives.
      We have a river behind our yard and that's been frozen for a while now.

BTW...The way I look at it....I run, but I'm not a runner. I'm 58 and I need to challenge my body to stay young. Being immature helps as well.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• I challenge my body with as much junk food as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
          raining up here right now ...you don't take the dock out ?
          It doesn't lift out no. We keep the water moving around the dock all winter and it usually works with the breakwater protecting most of it, but when it gets nutty cold and the ice heaves in the wrong places it can mess it up.

Comment

It doesn't lift out no. We keep the water moving around the dock all winter and it usually works with the breakwater protecting most of it, but when it gets nutty cold and the ice heaves in the wrong places it can mess it up.
            I don't have to move my dock regardless of the weather. My Ipod plays in it year round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              We have a river behind our yard and that's been frozen for a while now.

BTW...The way I look at it....I run, but I'm not a runner. I'm 58 and I need to challenge my body to stay young. Being immature helps as well.
              I eat fairly healthy without getting psychotic about it. I walk pretty much everywhere I go. I hit the gym twice a week. Its been modified the past couple of months obviously, but that has been my routine for a while now. I figure (hope) that is enough to keep my body young and healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                I challenge my body with as much junk food as possible.
                Me too. That's why I have to run.

Comment

I don't have to move my dock regardless of the weather. My Ipod plays in it year round.
                  I like to listen to books on my ipod as I walk. Just finished Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson.

Reading anything good?

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      I challenge my body with as much junk food as possible.
                      Years ago I swore off junk food. I figured that I could only afford a certain amount of crap so I reserve it all for beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        Years ago I swore off junk food. I figured that I could only afford a certain amount of crap so I reserve it all for beer.
                        Good man.....

People always wonder why I never seem to eat while we're out. Or why I always say I'm full. I just laugh at them because they think I became a fat **** from eating...
                        Hell no, I never eat. I just drink like 30,000 calories a week
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Megyn Kelly leaving Fox for NBC......Ouch!

Comment

Megyn Kelly leaving Fox for NBC......Ouch!
                            Why ouch?

Comment

Megyn Kelly leaving Fox for NBC......Ouch!
                              weird. which network?
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Why ouch?
                                Ouch for Fox News. She is the best thing they have.

Comment

Working...
                                X