This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yea, that kinda play is a buzzkill. when a dice-roll works, forget it....that's the biggest kind of momentum boost.
    It was '11 in reverse. The Gods were not with us. Ben and Odell disappointed them.

Comment

• I dont think Odell has the mentality to win in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Not a terrible season and we are heading into the off-season in pretty good shape.
        Im not following this thought process many people seem to have. Yea, we are 11-5 but many of those games could have went the other way. Besides the Cowboys who did we beat?

Comment

• I worry Beckham isn't a winning player. Jury is still out but yesterday was pretty bad. Eli showed up though. Also does anyone know if Rainey is under contract for next year ? His special teams play and short yardage runs are a big boost.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            Im not following this thought process many people seem to have. Yea, we are 11-5 but many of those games could have went the other way. Besides the Cowboys who did we beat?
            I'm looking at the improved talent on the younger players on the roster and the cap position we are in for the 2nd year in a row. The team the team is in good shape talent wise and in a position to improve in the off-season. Too often we have gone into an off-season with glaring holes, no cap space and no young talent. Some of us look a little deeper than a couple of close games and the most recent disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
              I worry Beckham isn't a winning player. Jury is still out but yesterday was pretty bad. Eli showed up though. Also does anyone know if Rainey is under contract for next year ? His special teams play and short yardage runs are a big boost.
              OBJ was doubled nearly all day and he didn't help himself by dropping passes when he did get open.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                OBJ was doubled nearly all day and he didn't help himself by dropping passes when he did get open.
                Yea I dont know. Seems he has the desire to win but not the mentality. Call it choking, play off jitters, whatever....

Comment

• It's unfortunate, but...I'm not writing anyone off. Best season we've had since '11. We're on the up and up still.

The fact that Eli played well yesterday means I know he's got gas in the tank.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

It's unfortunate, but...I'm not writing anyone off. Best season we've had since '11. We're on the up and up still.

Last night Troy said " Its hard to throw when you're left tackle is constantly in your lap."

Eli is still Eli. I really hope we address this line. It needs a complete overhaul. Keep Richburg in the center, put Pugh at right tackle, make Flowers a gaurd and go from there. Jerry, Newhouse are ****. Keep Hart as a back up.

Comment

It's unfortunate, but...I'm not writing anyone off. Best season we've had since '11. We're on the up and up still.

Yes, I was waiting to see.exactly this. He manned up and stood in there and stepped into his passes because he had to. All the garbage bloopers off the back foot stopped, and he threw some darts that dispelled the notion that his shoulder was tired. But, we still need a more talented #2. Let's face it, there are 32 starting professional QBs in the entire world, and half of them aren't that great. We are lucky to have one that is decent.

Comment

• at work like

sighhhhh

Comment

Yea I dont know. Seems he has the desire to win but not the mentality. Call it choking, play off jitters, whatever....
                          I don't think it is mentality, at all. We know he has the talent... no questions asked. So, what makes the difference? Focus... concentration, for the split second that it's coming into your hands.... just having the patience and focus to watch it all the way into the hands. Doesn't make a difference if your mental acuity has a 78 or 130 IQ, and whether or not you know your ABC's and basic math... those things are mentality, so maybe you just chose the wrong word. To me, he wasn't focused on the moment he was the target.
                          This young man has a lot of maturing to still go through to totally realize it is a team game... not all about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            I don't think it is mentality, at all. We know he has the talent... no questions asked. So, what makes the difference? Focus... concentration, for the split second that it's coming into your hands.... just having the patience and focus to watch it all the way into the hands. Doesn't make a difference if your mental acuity has a 78 or 130 IQ, and whether or not you know your ABC's and basic math... those things are mentality, so maybe you just chose the wrong word. To me, he wasn't focused on the moment he was the target.
                            This young man has a lot of maturing to still go through to totally realize it is a team game... not all about him.
                            I wasnt talking about IQ. More if his mind can handle the expectations and the fame.
                            I dont think he can. Maybe we will find out next year.

Comment

Last night Troy said " Its hard to throw when you're left tackle is constantly in your lap."

Eli is still Eli. I really hope we address this line. It needs a complete overhaul. Keep Richburg in the center, put Pugh at right tackle, make Flowers a gaurd and go from there. Jerry, Newhouse are ****. Keep Hart as a back up.
                              I don't disagree with any of that.
                              Man, I really didn't think Flowers would be THIS bad this year. I really thought he would have had it figured out by now.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

at work like

sighhhhh
                                so accurate.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X