This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    I really don't see the problem with giving him a vet min contract and give him a chance in pre-season? If other players prove more valuable, then cut him. But to say there is no way he could offer value based on his first season back after two off with injury. If he declines, or signs elsewhere than fine. What is the downside of a vet min contract and a chance to earn a spot?
    I just don't see it. He just doesn't have the athleticism after 2 years of bad injuries. He's a shell of his former self.
    I feel like this year was just the team giving him one last shot, but our younger guys outshined him. Hard to justify taking away a spot for a guy who cant play ST.
    I also don't see them cutting him just to give him another go under another contract.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Its a big risk for the Giants if theyre hoping he can return to form. Its time wasted when they could have been looking at other prospects. How much longer are they going to wait for him to be "100%!"

These are Elis last years. Giants need to get Eli the best they can afford.
      If I were Reese my top priorities would be LT, another WR, and TE. This is year 3 of the Cruz experiment hoping he will return to his former self. It aint gonna happen.
      This is what I was going to say. Even in the last few games when Beckham was getting taped up or whatever he missed series for, King was HUNGRY. When these guys come in for a handful of snaps, and produce, you cant turn a blind eye to that in favor of a guy who YOU ALREADY KNOW, is 2 steps behind his former self.
      I love Cruz, but....I just can't see them keeping him around.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Well Jmike might get her wish, Ben just said he wants Cruz back. So disheartening.

Comment

Well Jmike might get her wish, Ben just said he wants Cruz back. So disheartening.
          Perhaps we will have a plethora of talent in the summer and he'll just be like "hmm.....ok nevermind..."
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Id rather have Randle.

Comment

Id rather have Randle.
              What a ****ing sick world we live in lmao
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I hope you guys are ready for a whole off season of me trashing Cruz.
                Only 8-9 more months to go.

Comment

Id rather have Randle.
                  Which is why you don't work in the NFL.

32 NFL front offices disagree with you.

Comment

Well Jmike might get her wish, Ben just said he wants Cruz back. So disheartening.
                    Because he understands the value of having a veteren presence at WR in camp. Whether that carries to wanting him on the 53 is still in question.

Comment

I hope you guys are ready for a whole off season of me trashing Cruz.
                      Don't be tedious.

Comment

Which is why you don't work in the NFL.

32 NFL front offices disagree with you.
                        32 NFL front offices dont have Cruz.

Comment

32 NFL front offices dont have Cruz.
                          Sure about that? Might want to take off your socks and count again.

Comment

Don't be tedious.

Comment

Because he understands the value of having a veteren presence at WR in camp. Whether that carries to wanting him on the 53 is still in question.
                              And whats the value of a WR that doesnt produce? Is he helping Odell get his head out of his ***, big fat no. Cruz has the same, "I just want to be cool" attitude Odell has. Thats why they're both modeling, want their own brands, take trips to Miami......

Cruz brings absolutely nothing to that table.

Comment

I hope you guys are ready for a whole off season of me trashing Cruz.
                                Proooobably a bit unnecessary......
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X