This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    We should have kept the pressure on Rogers and died by that sword instead of playing patty cakes zone... Somebody made the discussion to play safe .. to you want to beat guys like Brady , rogers ,etc. you have to disrupt them and their receivers man up, we didn't do it ...
    Amen... that was the biggest reason. Beating a zone is a piece of cake for Rogers. I don't care that Wade would have to cover man... that's better than a man always running free in our zone, especially in the middle, and Rogers with 8 seconds to find him. It was, in my estimation, an over reaction to Cromartie getting hurt. We needed to stay with what got us through the first quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      Amen... that was the biggest reason. Beating a zone is a piece of cake for Rogers. I don't care that Wade would have to cover man... that's better than a man always running free in our zone, especially in the middle, and Rogers with 8 seconds to find him. It was, in my estimation, an over reaction to Cromartie getting hurt. We needed to stay with what got us through the first quarter.
      Yea, it's probably a better idea to make him beat individual players instead of a defensive scheme that generally doesn't work against GOOD quarterbacks.
      hindsight is 20/20, but....yea, it just wasn't a good idea.

Reminds me of 2008 when we played prevent against the eagles for the entire 4th quarter.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        I do. I like the history. Same with Giants.
        Just because the Mets dont have a history doesnt mean everybody else doesnt
        Mets fans like myself have no choice but to live in the present.

We don't have the luxury of living in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          I would have really enjoyed the fans around here if Reid wins a Super Bowl with KC.

I hadn't thought of that. That would be worth seeing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            I hadn't thought of that. That would be worth seeing.
            Does anyone really care about Andy Reid now that he's been out of Philly for however long?
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Does anyone really care about Andy Reid now that he's been out of Philly for however long?
              Maybe the farmers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                Maybe the farmers?
                I.....umm....wait, what?!
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Comment

Eagles fans would be upset if he won in KC. Anything that makes Eagles fans upset makes me happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      Eagles fans would be upset if he won in KC. Anything that makes Eagles fans upset makes me happy.
                      oh sure....I just meant HERE....didn't you meant fans here?
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                        totally agree you said it better than I did ...my post was poorly written sorry Zim..

Comment

I.....umm....wait, what?!
                          It's an old joke. You;'d have to memorize Honeymooners episodes to get it.

I should have instead gone with:

"Does anyone really care about Andy Reid now that he's been out of Philly for however long?"

"Yes. I'm sure it's killing the Philly restaurant business"

Comment

Yea, it's probably a better idea to make him beat individual players instead of a defensive scheme that generally doesn't work against GOOD quarterbacks.
                            hindsight is 20/20, but....yea, it just wasn't a good idea.

Reminds me of 2008 when we played prevent against the eagles for the entire 4th quarter.
                            Yeah ? I'm with you .. You and Zim did a better job than my attempt .. Who knows what goes on just seems like they went away from what was working and played a lot of zone in the second half.. When they got down to scores it would have sent the house make him pay..I realize that's risky and easy for me to say ..Spagnuolo does it and it doesn't work he has to answer to the boss..Jesus I had soft football !

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                              Yeah ? I'm with you .. You and Zim did a better job than my attempt .. Who knows what goes on just seems like they went away from what was working and played a lot of zone in the second half.. When they got down to scores it would have sent the house make him pay..I realize that's risky and easy for me to say ..Spagnuolo does it and it doesn't work he has to answer to the boss..Jesus I had soft football !
                              In a perfect world with a perfect secondary, you could send 5 on every down, but....sadly we have to mix it up ahaha.
                              idk, I'm not going to live in the past. GB is the better team. Our "squeezing out" victories was eventually going to catch up to us.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

In a perfect world with a perfect secondary, you could send 5 on every down, but....sadly we have to mix it up ahaha.
                                idk, I'm not going to live in the past. GB is the better team. Our "squeezing out" victories was eventually going to catch up to us.
                                Oh I know we had a good year and things will get better the coaches may need to learn how to play with house money ... anyhow moving on..

Comment

Working...
                                X