This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    I think Atlanta deserves to win the Super Bowl. They have a great team, and that offense is unstoppable. For years they were total underachievers. They had the talent, they just couldn't pull it together to make it to the big dance.

Will be rooting for them.
    IDK if anybody "deserves" to win the Super Bowl. This is something earned through beating everybody else. The team that "deserves" to win is the team that makes the Super Bowl and scores more points than the opponent. Should we start making sure all the teams have the same number of Super Bowl wins to make it fair?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      pls win mr brady
      Can we win Marsha Brady instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        The Pats "scandals" have been media inventions caused by silly reactions from the league.
        SpyGate was just taking pictures from the wrong place in the stadium. Deflate Gate was a non story that should have been resolved with a letter from the league like they did when Minnesota was warming balls on the sidelines.
        Deflate gate was a story. You are an idiot if you think that wasn't cheating by them. Dumb **** lol

Comment

I'm rooting for Atlanta but there would be a beautiful drama to see Goodell have to hand the trophy to Kraft. BB and Brady.
          Goodell has been a complete joke during this war with the Pats.
          I'm rooting for the Pats for this reason, also because they are AFC team, also because I like Belichek and because I like that only the Giants beat Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            Can we win Marsha Brady instead?
            I'd hit it. The one from the movie that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              And you joke, but think of all the people who have been up in arms over the years about Patriots "scandals". People who want asterisks next to wins, records, etc....

So yea.....you're making a political corollary, but, people DO think that kind of **** all the time, soooooo
              You're reaching, brahh.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                I refuse to accept the results of the AFC and NFC championship games. Today I'll be protesting, picketing, looting, rioting and forming support groups for others who need a safe space from competition. #NotMySuperbowl
                LOL

Comment

• The pats have the greatest dynasty in NFL history. It's true unfortunately

Comment

The Pats "scandals" have been media inventions caused by silly reactions from the league.
                    SpyGate was just taking pictures from the wrong place in the stadium. Deflate Gate was a non story that should have been resolved with a letter from the league like they did when Minnesota was warming balls on the sidelines.
                    100% agree. It's all very dumb to me.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      You're reaching, brahh.
                      How is it reaching when you're indirectly referencing election protests? lol
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I agree with most of it, but I think the deflating of the balls was a big deal. If more teams/players were doing it than more teams/players should have been punished. Though I think the punishment was a bit overblown, since the solution to preventing it would be simple. If I were the NFL, I would not have let it gone public or had the public see the punishment. Maybe not award the a compensatory pick they would have otherwise gotten, instead of taking a pick they had away. Then change the rule so the officials brought the balls and those are the ones they are allowed to play with. Simple, quiet and solves the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          I agree with most of it, but I think the deflating of the balls was a big deal. If more teams/players were doing it than more teams/players should have been punished. Though I think the punishment was a bit overblown, since the solution to preventing it would be simple. If I were the NFL, I would not have let it gone public or had the public see the punishment. Maybe not award the a compensatory pick they would have otherwise gotten, instead of taking a pick they had away. Then change the rule so the officials brought the balls and those are the ones they are allowed to play with. Simple, quiet and solves the problem.
                          The league spent $4MM on an investigation where in another instance they just sent a letter to the team to knock it off. That was the Minny warming the balls on the sidelines deal.
                          There is a group of powerful owners that hate the Pats pulling Goodell's strings. That's what this was driven by. Don't kid yourself. It was pure politics.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                            I'd hit it. The one from the movie that is.
                            Wasn't that Ben Stiller's wife? Christine Taylor? I liked her in Dodgeball.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              How is it reaching when you're indirectly referencing election protests? lol
                              I think it was actually pretty direct......and hilarious.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

The league spent $4MM on an investigation where in another instance they just sent a letter to the team to knock it off. That was the Minny warming the balls on the sidelines deal.
                                There is a group of powerful owners that hate the Pats pulling Goodell's strings. That's what this was driven by. Don't kid yourself. It was pure politics.
                                I am not denying that it was. As I said, the infraction IMO is a problem. I hated the way the league handled it and made a big deal out of it because it was the Pats. I think the league should do something to eliminate the opportunity to doctor the ball. Instead they used it as another reason to punish the Pats.

Comment

Working...
                                X