• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    And this was taken last week.
    Dumb post.

Comment

• the only "Musical" I liked, and I'm not even sure if it's a musical, was "Begin Again", with Mark Ruffalo and Kiera Knightly. It wasn't like people randomly broke into song or anything. But it was about a few different people recording albums for a semi-big indie label. So there were recording sessions and concerts, etc.
      Cool movie though. Written & Directed by John Carney, who recently got a lot of praise for another movie "Sing Street" last year.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• There were a couple others .. like High School Musical and that Acapella (spelling) singing one.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          the only "Musical" I liked, and I'm not even sure if it's a musical, was "Begin Again", with Mark Ruffalo and Kiera Knightly. It wasn't like people randomly broke into song or anything. But it was about a few different people recording albums for a semi-big indie label. So there were recording sessions and concerts, etc.
          Cool movie though. Written & Directed by John Carney, who recently got a lot of praise for another movie "Sing Street" last year.
          That wasn't a musical. that was a movie about music.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

That wasn't a musical. that was a movie about music.
            Yea, I kinda feel the same way. Though his other movies apparently are more similar to musicals.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Yea, I kinda feel the same way. Though his other movies apparently are more similar to musicals.
              A musical is like South Pacific, Singing In The Rain, The Sound Of Music or Holiday Inn.
              It's when drama is characterized in music.

Comment

• Dirty Rotten Scoundrels musical is my fav and the soundtrack is hilarious
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

It requires a little imagination.
                  Yea I guess I just dont get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Different strokes Dezz.
                    I'm not a fan of musicals in general. But there are a few I absolutely love. Holiday Inn is probably #1 on that list.

Comment

"The Producers" had singing and dancing, and it was awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                        "The Producers" had singing and dancing, and it was awesome.
                        OK...."The Producers" from 1967 with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder is probably the funniest film of all time. It was Mel Brooks first film as a director. But that wasn't a musical.
                        That film was adapted to a Broadway Musical probably 30 years later. Then that stage production was adapted to another film (which WAS a musical) with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick.
                        It may have been the single worst film ever made. And to think that it evolved from that brilliant Mel Brooks film from the 60's makes it even worse.

Comment

A musical is like South Pacific, Singing In The Rain, The Sound Of Music or Holiday Inn.
                          It's when drama is characterized in music.
                          Uhm. I think the Sound of Music is great.
                          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                            I liked it as well.

Funny that Maria Von Trapp ended up in Stowe Vermont where she lived for most of her life. the word was that she was a miserable woman that no one liked.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Is it just me or are dancing movies stupid? Like really stupid and corny.
                                I think like any other genre, some can be very stupid and some can be very good, also some genre's appeal to some people and others do not. Painting anything with this type of broad brush really showcases the limits of your thought process.

Comment

Working...
                                X