This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
    I also like the fact that I know I could beat all of you on here in frisbee golf.
    lol... definitely. I've never spent much time with a Frisbee... it wasn't a part of my youth.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      So many sports movies that I enjoyed and for vastly different reasons, but since I have to pick one, going to go with Rocky. But I will likely change my mind in 20 minutes.
      Philly trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        lol... definitely. I've never spent much time with a Frisbee... it wasn't a part of my youth.
        lol mine either Zim. Baseball, football, and basketball for me growing up but it's harder to get pickup games of basketball these days. Everyone works and has kids. It's easier and a decent way of getting exercise.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Philly trash.
          I just picture of being the biggest greaseball on here for some reason lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
            I don't know how PBRs became a hipster thing - but I find them to be the most drinkable cheap canned beer there is, for decades.
            I concur!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              The day the music died..

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                So many sports movies that I enjoyed and for vastly different reasons, but since I have to pick one, going to go with Rocky. But I will likely change my mind in 20 minutes.
                Rocky is a great choice, imo.

But yeah, you're right, there's many great ones.

Brian's Song is up there for me. Bull Durham too and Field of Dreams.

I always liked Fear Strikes Out. Nice to Perkins stretching

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  I concur!
                  I'm going to try sticking to the PBRs for the game today. I have plenty of dark Munich beers on hand, but would be a mess before halftime. Staying at home, of course. The Plattduesch in Elmont is having a very nice S.B. party in their beer hall, BTW - for anyone who likes great beers and wursts, with no better plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                    I'm going to try sticking to the PBRs for the game today.
                    Hipster!

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Dirty hipsters, all of you.

Disgusting
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        Rocky is a great choice, imo.

But yeah, you're right, there's many great ones.

Brian's Song is up there for me. Bull Durham too and Field of Dreams.

I always liked Fear Strikes Out. Nice to Perkins stretching
                        Fear Strikes out was a story that deserved to be a movie... BUT, Tony Perkins in the lead was horrible, IMO.
                        Perkins became a hot commodity after "Friendly Persuasion". His next film was the Piersall story. I was 11, and grew up a big Dodger fan cuz of my Dad, and his dad. Gramps took me to my first Dodger game in '53.
                        Even to my inexperienced eye I could tell that Perkins was no more a potential BB player, any more than he was a potential Defensive Tackle for the NY Giants. IN '60 he was cast in Tall Story, which was also a bummer for me because he was just too awkward to ever be a good hoops star.
                        His next movie was Psycho... perfect for him...
                        One Ilked was Invincible... Wahlberg was totally believable in that. That's all I ask... don't cast a star into a role where he obviously doesn't have the athletic talent.to ever be decent in the sport.
                        We've listed a lot of really goos sports movies... jmike was right... ask me in 20 minutes and I might change my mind.
                        Remember the Titans and Gridiron Gang were good.... Seabiscuit, The Natural, and Tin Cup were also good.
                        Gary Cooper, like Perkins, was just a bit too awkward to make The Pride of the Yankees totally satisfying.

Final thought... what performance in any sport awed you the most?
                        Not excited you... like our first SB win in '86.... or the '86 Mets.
                        For me... I will never forget Secretariat in the '73 Belmont. If you were too young, then watch the movie. Watch the disbelief from the spectators... that was real. It was truly unbelievable as he pulled away like the others were standing still. it was the most awed I've ever felt watching a performance in sports, in the moment. 2nd might be the USA, Miracle on Ice.
                        Last edited by zimonami; 02-05-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• I told you I would change my mind....

Seabiscut beats Rocky......today...

Comment

• ughhhh, my butt. I always over do it on the wings.

Comment

ughhhh, my butt. I always over do it on the wings.
                              Good one deez. Your humor is spot on. Jerk off lol

Comment

ughhhh, my butt. I always over do it on the wings.
                                Troubling........Yet amusing Dez.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X