This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Just finished snow blowing my driveway. We have 15" so far. still snowing but it's letting up.
    We got about 8 here. Its wet and heavy though.

Comment

Montana is awesome.
      Better than Eli?
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
        Better than Eli?
        Of course not.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Just finished snow blowing my driveway. We have 15" so far. still snowing but it's letting up.
          Impossible for me to do anything like that.. I use my old pickup/plow its getting old and tired just like me.. I do three driveways my sons being the longest probably 500ft off the road good size area when I get in there 45 min to an hour.. Then to my Daughters which is just off the main road but a lot of area to clean up again 45 to an hour.. There's a short path through a strip of trees between her and us I keep plowed and I'm home which most times takes a hour..If I'm done in 3 hours its been a good storm any longer means I've had trouble with the truck..which totally sucks because I'm the mechanic.. snow sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            Impossible for me to do anything like that.. I use my old pickup/plow its getting old and tired just like me.. I do three driveways my sons being the longest probably 500ft off the road good size area when I get in there 45 min to an hour.. Then to my Daughters which is just off the main road but a lot of area to clean up again 45 to an hour.. There's a short path through a strip of trees between her and us I keep plowed and I'm home which most times takes a hour..If I'm done in 3 hours its been a good storm any longer means I've had trouble with the truck..which totally sucks because I'm the mechanic.. snow sucks
            I hate to say it Big B but ...You live in Maine.
            "Snow sucks" is a strange attitude.

Comment

Ha I don't mind the cold and all but messing with snow sucks no two ways about it .. That being said this is home and I have zero interest in being somewhere else....

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                Ha I don't mind the cold and all but messing with snow sucks no two ways about it .. That being said this is home and I have zero interest in being somewhere else....
                I pretty much feel the same way.

I'm sure you've seen the "why I live where the air hurts my face" series...

Comment

• Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    I work in Nassau County, and this is one of the days that I typically do a double shift. Strong chance of it being a triple, if my co-worker doesn't want to drive in and relieve me. Not being forced to shovel or plow, but I'd much rather be playing in it with the pooch at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      You misunderstood. He is talking about clearing the snow from his driveway. What you do with your snowman is none of our business.

Comment

LOL

Comment

haha yup can't imagine having to worry about snakes and the like.. Its pretty laid back up here deal with the seasons as they come while getting ready for the next one

Comment

I'll you guys a great story:

About 7 years ago a guy I knew from the music world around NYC decided he had enough, and moved back to his hometown in Maine. I believe it's called Booth Bay Harbour. LAte that summer, he invited a bunch of folks up there to his parents home, which was right on an inlet, for a lobster party.

Now, I love me some lobster. But living in NJ, the best I can have is what I buy at the super market and steam at home. Sometimes they are great, sometimes so so.

Well, we get up there, it's a beautiful day, about 50-60 people hanging out drinking, a few local musicians playing on the deck, everything is nice. Then, they start pulling these lobster traps out of the water on the dock that's right there, 10 feet from where I'm standing enjoying the day. They must have pulled out at least 100 lobsters, maybe more......I'm not even kidding. There were like 10 guys working this.

So they throw them into these huge kettles of boiling water over wood fires, when cooked, start dumping them out onto picnic tables. You grab yourself a plate and get to it.

All I can say is I ate 7 (seven) lobsters that afternoon. Yes, and they weren't little guys either. The best, freshest, juiciest, tastiest lobsters....maybe any food for that matter, that I ever had. I was in HEAVEN.

Yes, Maine may have harsh winters. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could just to relive that day again.
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Montana is awesome.
                              When are you moving there?

I never said it wasn't. I simply said it's no fountain of great comedians.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                Wrong, that was funny

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Millions of people found Jay Leno funny too. It doesn't make them wrong...

Comment

Working...
                                X