This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    We got about 8 here. Its wet and heavy though.
    My eldest son and I just finished shoveling and clearing off the cars. Looked to be about 8"

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
      Impossible for me to do anything like that.. I use my old pickup/plow its getting old and tired just like me.. I do three driveways my sons being the longest probably 500ft off the road good size area when I get in there 45 min to an hour.. Then to my Daughters which is just off the main road but a lot of area to clean up again 45 to an hour.. There's a short path through a strip of trees between her and us I keep plowed and I'm home which most times takes a hour..If I'm done in 3 hours its been a good storm any longer means I've had trouble with the truck..which totally sucks because I'm the mechanic.. snow sucks
      You know what we call that in Maine, Byron? Tuesday!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

omg, I am so funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
        I'll you guys a great story:

About 7 years ago a guy I knew from the music world around NYC decided he had enough, and moved back to his hometown in Maine. I believe it's called Booth Bay Harbour. LAte that summer, he invited a bunch of folks up there to his parents home, which was right on an inlet, for a lobster party.

Now, I love me some lobster. But living in NJ, the best I can have is what I buy at the super market and steam at home. Sometimes they are great, sometimes so so.

Well, we get up there, it's a beautiful day, about 50-60 people hanging out drinking, a few local musicians playing on the deck, everything is nice. Then, they start pulling these lobster traps out of the water on the dock that's right there, 10 feet from where I'm standing enjoying the day. They must have pulled out at least 100 lobsters, maybe more......I'm not even kidding. There were like 10 guys working this.

So they throw them into these huge kettles of boiling water over wood fires, when cooked, start dumping them out onto picnic tables. You grab yourself a plate and get to it.

All I can say is I ate 7 (seven) lobsters that afternoon. Yes, and they weren't little guys either. The best, freshest, juiciest, tastiest lobsters....maybe any food for that matter, that I ever had. I was in HEAVEN.

Yes, Maine may have harsh winters. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could just to relive that day again.
        cool story Joe My wife and I get down there at least once a year we are about 45 min away car.. Many day trips with the boat over the years its beautiful down around there a lot of great places to get Lobster...

Comment

I'll you guys a great story:

About 7 years ago a guy I knew from the music world around NYC decided he had enough, and moved back to his hometown in Maine. I believe it's called Booth Bay Harbour. LAte that summer, he invited a bunch of folks up there to his parents home, which was right on an inlet, for a lobster party.

Now, I love me some lobster. But living in NJ, the best I can have is what I buy at the super market and steam at home. Sometimes they are great, sometimes so so.

Well, we get up there, it's a beautiful day, about 50-60 people hanging out drinking, a few local musicians playing on the deck, everything is nice. Then, they start pulling these lobster traps out of the water on the dock that's right there, 10 feet from where I'm standing enjoying the day. They must have pulled out at least 100 lobsters, maybe more......I'm not even kidding. There were like 10 guys working this.

So they throw them into these huge kettles of boiling water over wood fires, when cooked, start dumping them out onto picnic tables. You grab yourself a plate and get to it.

All I can say is I ate 7 (seven) lobsters that afternoon. Yes, and they weren't little guys either. The best, freshest, juiciest, tastiest lobsters....maybe any food for that matter, that I ever had. I was in HEAVEN.

Yes, Maine may have harsh winters. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could just to relive that day again.
          Did they play "Rock Lobster"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

omg, I am so funny.
            lol !

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              Did they play "Rock Lobster"?
              I sat in and we played a pretty damn sloppy version of Wonderwall.
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I sat in and we played a pretty damn sloppy version of Wonderwall.
                Buncha buttahfingers!

Comment

• Well, the butta was from the lobsta lol.....

BTW I hooked up with some girl that day too.....of course this is before I was married.

Was it good? I mentioned the lobster first, didn't I?
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

omg, I am so funny.
                    hmmmf, you're right, that isn't funny. Maybe Morehead delivered it better.

Comment

Buncha buttahfingers!
                      You must have good lobster (and clams and etc.) out there on the island, no?
                      "No...I didn't."

Comment

You must have good lobster (and clams and etc.) out there on the island, no?
                        We have some good seafood restaurants, but Lobster is very pricey and most likely comes from elsewhere. Water temperature and pollution prevent them from thriving here, anymore. Less Blue Claw Crabs, too. Clams are iffy from many spots at certain times - some people won't eat them raw, anymore. My wife's cousin was a clammer, and would bring hundreds of the Littlenecks to our outdoor parties years ago. He taught me how to shuck them quickly - but never quick enough for the crowd that would circle as soon as he arrived with them. My softball buddies would bring fresh Sea Bass over, and that was really good broiled in garlic butter. My favorite are Scallops, which I believe are making a comeback, here.

Comment

• Man, that is a shame. When I was 5 or 6, my family took our first vacation out on Montauk. My dad took me out to the docks to watch the fisherman. I think this is when I first tried shellfish.
                          It's terrible what we've done to the oceans. Most farm raised fish from anywhere is poison.
                          "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Pizz likes whale semen
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                              Pizz likes whale semen
                              They wouldn't be so endangered, if more considerate people like him had a taste for this. They're always beaching themselves, trying to rub one out.

Comment

They wouldn't be so endangered, if more considerate people like him had a taste for this. They're always beaching themselves, trying to rub one out.

Yeah um I can't unsee this bro
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X