Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Leaping Larry is gone
    'member 2 seasons ago when he was serviceable? I 'member....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Seems since Toomer, all of the Giants top WRs have been short term players. But Cruz did manage to lead them in receiving for 3 straight years.

      Curious, of all the players to lead the Giants in receiving for 3 years, how would you rank them as Giants. Give no consideration for their time before or after playing here, just their Giants career.

      Only 12 to do it
      Beckham 8
      Cruz 6
      Burress 7
      Toomer 1
      Calloway 11
      Manuel 10
      Gray 12
      Tucker 9
      Jones 3
      Shofner 4
      Gifford 2
      Rote 5
      numbers entered.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        numbers entered.
        Ooooo... a Beckham hater - love it!

        Before my time watching, but Gifford played at RB and defense, so I read. Some guys these days can't handle the basics of just one position.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          No idea. I know people **** on all their albums after the 1980s. Maybe it's the fans that can't let go of those 30 year old albums, so you still gotta hear Metallica is awesome, but, in reality, it's far from the truth, because even they don't like modern Metallica lol
          Yes, they're not putting out anything at the level of what they used to. Most bands eventually do the same. But other than Judas Priest, maybe Iron Maiden, I don't know of any group in that genre of music who could hold a candle to them. But I don't consider Led Zep, Deep Purple, or even original Black Sabbath to be metal. Not speed metal, at least.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
            Ooooo... a Beckham hater - love it!

            Before my time watching, but Gifford played at RB and defense, so I read. Some guys these days can't handle the basics of just one position.
            I rate him ODB low and I'm a Beckham hater? lol.
            The question asks to rank them by Giant career. \Beckham's Giant career has been 3 years... the least by measure of any man here. If he plays 4-5 more years he'll probably have the number 1 career. On pure talent he is No. 1... but, that's not the criteria.
            As for Gifford, he played a hybrid position... and he caught 367 passes in a 12 year career.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Seriously.....when Metallica was good, neither of us were old enough to know. We woulda been toddlers lol
              You can't be "metal" when you're 60 years old. You're just lame.

              Although I was never a huge Metallica fan, I do remember them when they were good.

              Metal rules, Moorehead drools!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                if you're a "COOL" band, and still think you're cool when you're that old, I got news for ya....

                Then again, it prob doesn't apply to Metallica, because Lars Ulrich was never, at any point, cool.....

                True. Lars is a ******

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  Thank you Victor *clap clap clapclapclap*

                  I think the Miami boat issue didn't help him

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                    Yes, they're not putting out anything at the level of what they used to. Most bands eventually do the same. But other than Judas Priest, maybe Iron Maiden, I don't know of any group in that genre of music who could hold a candle to them. But I don't consider Led Zep, Deep Purple, or even original Black Sabbath to be metal. Not speed metal, at least.
                    Without Black Sabbath there is no Metallica.

                    imo

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      Without Black Sabbath there is no Metallica.

                      imo
                      Absolutely. Just like there's probably no grunge without Neil Young's influence.
                      But the bands I mentioned were still power blues, heavy like sludge, somewhat psychedelic, melodic bass, j*** / big band influenced drumming... some songs picked up the pace, but usually settled back down. Groups that came later and were influenced by this were more relentless - at the cost of musicianship.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        'member 2 seasons ago when he was serviceable? I 'member....
                        Ohhh I membaa!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          I think the Miami boat issue didn't help him
                          sadly, I agree.
                          If he wasn't going to perform up to prior performances, they surely wanted him to at least be a positive veteran influence.
                          Not only didn't he talk OBJ out of it, he joined him.
                          %he Queen said, "OIff with his head."
                          Thanks for helping us win in '11, and for being one of the Giant's more exciting players, and a fan fave.

                          Comment


                          • well that was fun .. turned into near 30 inches not counting drifting .. proud of my old truck it took a beating... couldn't push it more than 5 or 10 ft had push off to one side then push to the other all the while trying to stay out of the ditch ..oh well its over biggest storm we've seen up here in a long while ...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by byron View Post
                              well that was fun .. turned into near 30 inches not counting drifting .. proud of my old truck it took a beating... couldn't push it more than 5 or 10 ft had push off to one side then push to the other all the while trying to stay out of the ditch ..oh well its over biggest storm we've seen up here in a long while ...
                              Dogs don't like to poop in 3 feet of snow.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                                Absolutely. Just like there's probably no grunge without Neil Young's influence.
                                But the bands I mentioned were still power blues, heavy like sludge, somewhat psychedelic, melodic bass, j*** / big band influenced drumming... some songs picked up the pace, but usually settled back down. Groups that came later and were influenced by this were more relentless - at the cost of musicianship.
                                I concur.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X