This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Huh, unrealted but it is true. Too many ***** and whine and do nothing but make the problem they are complaining about worse. If you think something is a problem, do something effective to fix it, or shut up.
    Right lol people with the most to say almost always do the least
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      More like
      That's not me, i'm 45

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        That's what they said when the waist band fell down below your *** crack. At least you can run in tight sweats.
        I don't like wearing sweatpants outdoors, I feel like a slob. Cold night in front of a movie at home sure, too many people wander around in sweats looking like they don't give a damn and probably they don't. But when they get home, they hop on the internet and start telling people everything that is wrong with the world and there is nothing they can do about it because somebody else is preventing them. "Not my fault, I didn't do it, I'm incapable of fixing it, you better do something or you are worthless, because somebody else has to fix my life for me."

Probably extrapalated too much from sweatpants, but you get what I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
          Yes because parents don't want to parent.
          I do think this is part of the problem. Smart phones and iPads don't help either. I see too many parents either letting their kids play video games on the iPad for hours on end or just ignore them while they spend all their time on facebook. Digital Media turns your brain to mush.

I mean heck. If you're going to take your kid to the park. At least make an effort to play with them.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
            I do think this is part of the problem. Smart phones and iPads don't help either. I see too many parents either letting their kids play video games on the iPad for hours on end or just ignore them while they spend all their time on facebook. Digital Media turns your brain to mush.

I mean heck. If you're going to take your kid to the park. At least make an effort to play with them.
            Exactly. This is exactly my point.

And honestly, this trend is recent. I was born in 92 and even when AOL instant messenger was getting big, we didn't sit on our computers all day. My dad would kill us. We had an hour each on the computer each day when we were growing up and that was it. We had to do "Saturday projects" around the house. We were latch key kids at some point, but we still went outside and played and not sat around the house all day.

Now people don't find the pleasures of traveling and such anymore, and if they do, it has to be broadcasted. I hate when my mom posts pics of us on FB, it's so annoying. Once in a while I'll drop a bomb *** selfie lol but I see people posting selfies on every social media outlet everyday and i'm like wtf stop. I will admit our generation seeks attention more than ever. I don't think previois generations were as attention seeking. Unfortunatelg, I blame lack of good parentings and all these damn social media sites. I have them, but not to broadcast to everyone every minute or everyday.

Comment

And honestly, this trend is recent. I was born in 92 and even when AOL instant messenger was getting big, we didn't sit on our computers all day. My dad would kill us. We had an hour each on the computer each day when we were growing up and that was it. We had to do "Saturday projects" around the house. We were latch key kids at some point, but we still went outside and played and not sat around the house all day.

Now people don't find the pleasures of traveling and such anymore, and if they do, it has to be broadcasted. I hate when my mom posts pics of us on FB, it's so annoying. Once in a while I'll drop a bomb *** selfie lol but I see people posting selfies on every social media outlet everyday and i'm like wtf stop. I will admit our generation seeks attention more than ever. I don't think previois generations were as attention seeking. Unfortunatelg, I blame lack of good parentings and all these damn social media sites. I have them, but not to broadcast to everyone every minute or everyday.
              The problem with kids today is parents today.

They suck.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I'm a millennial but I didn't grow up with everything I wanted either. It depends on how you were raised.
                Sometimes. Or it could be what you go through when reality comes crashing down upon you. Growing up, I wanted for nothing. My parents always helped and supported, then suddenly they weren't there anymore just at the time I became an pseudo-adult. It was like the world split apart on me and I did not handle it well. Took a couple of years and a bit of help from the only family I had left to grow up and deal with what I am facing not what I want to be facing.

Each person has their own path and it isn't fair to group them into particular generational assumptions of behavior and thought process. I miss my parents and wish they were still here, but I am a stronger person today than I would have been if they were still around.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                  My wife wants a dog. I told her I don't want another child to take care of.
                  So get it fixed.
                  Last edited by jmike; 02-15-2017, 04:13 PM. Reason: I mean get yourself fixed

Comment

Sometimes. Or it could be what you go through when reality comes crashing down upon you. Growing up, I wanted for nothing. My parents always helped and supported, then suddenly they weren't there anymore just at the time I became an pseudo-adult. It was like the world split apart on me and I did not handle it well. Took a couple of years and a bit of help from the only family I had left to grow up and deal with what I am facing not what I want to be facing.

Each person has their own path and it isn't fair to group them into particular generational assumptions of behavior and thought process. I miss my parents and wish they were still here, but I am a stronger person today than I would have been if they were still around.
                    "Pseudo-Adult".......That's as close as I ever got.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      "Pseudo-Adult".......That's as close as I ever got.
                      LOL. What I meant was I was 18 and a freshman in college. Technically an "adult", but nowhere near ready to be an adult.

Comment

LOL. What I meant was I was 18 and a freshman in college. Technically an "adult", but nowhere near ready to be an adult.
                        Yeah.....That's me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Yeah.....That's me.
                          gotcha

Comment

I don't do facebook. Frankly, it annoys me - alot. It would be a lot more interesting if people actually commented how they felt instead of the orgy it has become. Everyone strokes each other so they all can feel good about themselves. It's the opium den of social media.

I only have a few posts on facebook. The last one being - "If the only reason why you friended me is to show off pictures of your kids, I have news for you. I probably don't give a **** about them." People didn't like that very much. Haha. That was many years ago.
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                              That's what they said when the waist band fell down below your *** crack. At least you can run in tight sweats.
                              They might as well start wearing spandex

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                We also didn't have any of that **** lol. We played outside lol
                                You blame kids for what they have....not sure if that's fair
                                It's fairly recent I think. I used to play a game called World of Warcraft religiously. It was an online multipler game type deal where you would spend hours and hours a day playing .. the more you played, the "stronger" your character would get. It was an evil cycle. At one point I was playing 15 hours a day. The game is like over 10 years old now. And the kids playing it now are far different then people who played it 10 years ago. Now, you get achievements just by opening the box. Everything that was done through months of waste time in front of the computer 10 years ago can now be done in a matter of a week. When we played it back then, the time sink was just a part of the grind. Now, kids complain that it takes too much time and that things can't be done given other things on their schedule.

Here's a thought kid. If you want something, how about you put in the time? If you want something from the game and it takes too much time, re-shuffle your priorities. Sure, you'll never go out and hang with your friends, but at least you'll get that shiny new weapon.
                                Last edited by gumby74; 02-15-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X