This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I was put on academic probation at my 2nd school, before I even started. I was dumbfounded that that was "a thing"....but, I only got in because someone on the alumni board got me in, so I didn't question it. I didn't deserve to get into a school after flunking out of UGA.
    Well at least you went back and finished, never went back when I got booted. Lasted just 4 semesters and one of them was a summer semester, but I don't think the last one counted since I didn't really ever go to class and the few I did show up for I am not 100% sure they were actually my classes.

Comment

• I finished college and nothing has changed. Well, my undergrad.

My undergrad was so ****ing stressful. I'm going back, but not right away.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I like dogs

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
          I finished college and nothing has changed. Well, my undergrad.

My undergrad was so ****ing stressful. I'm going back, but not right away.
          V tech right?
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
            V tech right?
            VCU

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              when I got booted.
              OK spill the beans....
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I don't like wearing sweatpants outdoors, I feel like a slob. Cold night in front of a movie at home sure, too many people wander around in sweats looking like they don't give a damn and probably they don't. But when they get home, they hop on the internet and start telling people everything that is wrong with the world and there is nothing they can do about it because somebody else is preventing them. "Not my fault, I didn't do it, I'm incapable of fixing it, you better do something or you are worthless, because somebody else has to fix my life for me."

Probably extrapalated too much from sweatpants, but you get what I mean.
                This was my laugh of the day. I only wear sweats in and around the house. I'm with you... I feel like a slob if I go out in them.
                I guess peeps are into philosophizing today.... always good for the soul, but also a good time to roll up the pants.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                  This was my laugh of the day. I only wear sweats in and around the house. I'm with you... I feel like a slob if I go out in them.
                  I guess peeps are into philosophizing today.... always good for the soul, but also a good time to roll up the pants.
                  Yea, mine are strictly home-wear lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Is anyone on here older than me? ...70... I think you're all young stud muffins.
                    I could bore the hell out of you with stories... but just a few.
                    What Rudy says is true... If you're from a family with challenged finances (just squeeking by) you're less likely to be spoiled.
                    My dad died in '57 when I was 11. He was a paraplegic from a WWII brain injury when I was 8. Day after the funeral my mon says, "You're the man of the house now. Go get a job, and half of every penny you earn goes to the family until you move out.
                    And, I did... worked my *** off, especially making great bucks caddying at a private golf club, April to November, At 21 I was moving out... married, Chem Eng. degree,... movin' on up. hahahaha. MY first job as a graduate, 1968, Chem E was the single highest paying job a graduate could get. $9,300 a year. A Chemist or BS was getting about $7,800. A BA was getting $7,200. In 2013 a graduate Chem E was getting $67,000.
                    So, I'm 11 and the 'man of the house'. Mow the lawn; wash dishes 2X a week. paint the house; put out the garbage3X a week. No toughies, but always busy.
                    The perks? I had ZERO curfew. Serious. I'd stay at my GF house, or go drinking with the guys, and come home at 1 AM when I was 12, and my mom never said a word... just, "I trust you to make good decisions... especially when you're out with the guys." But, I was always the married man and always had long term GFs. , so I was mostly with her. I could buy beer any time I wanted to from the time I was 8. Mom said, "Your uncle Bobby is coming over... go get a 6 pak. The local deli, a block away, was always buy with no questions asked. At 13, 2 weeks before I was 14 and a Freshman in HS, I was brought home by the cops at 1AM... totally drunk and passed out. MY mom never said a word... just gave me a look the next day. I never abused it again until after I was legal at 18 (NY). When I was 50,and my mom had a few more months to live, she told me that I was the easiest person to raise that anyone could imagine. I just did what was expected and got good grades and made good money. I never had an argument with her myentire life. So, I've never taken things for granted. I find there are still a lot of really good kids... they're the silent majority. It;'s the spoiled Aholes that make all the noise.
                    Oh, and finally... serious...my last perk once I was 'the man', my mom cooked to please me... NO foods were cooked that I didn't like... only meats and veggies I liked, etc. My sisters would beg for Brussel Sprouts for Sunday dinner, and other ugly veggies, because mom didn't make them anymore, cuz I didn't like them. In that respect I was spoiled.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Mcgregor vs Floyd is duuuuumb. Floyd will run all night, win on points, and will never step foot inside the octagon. Conor just wants a 100 mill.
                      I too would like 100 mill. Where's the queue?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        it won't even happen again unless miraculously boxing's heavyweight division gets stacked. boxing fans were spoiled for nearly 30 years with elite heavyweights. Now there's no draw because nobody wants to watch "masters of avoidance" dance around each other.
                        Light Heavyweight. Joe Smith Jr.

Comment

My mom could tell you the patron saint of every random thing, she had all the saints memorized, some of that has bled to instant recollection in me. I lost a lot of things when I was a child. She would always say to me "Say a prayer to Saint Anthony and you will find it." Patron Saint of lost things. She got me a Saint Anthony pendant when I was around 9 or 10, I think it took all of a week to lose it and unlike most things I lost, that pendant I never found again.
                          lol, that's my Mom too. 2 of my 3 sinblings were named after St Gerard

Patron Saint of....?

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post

I mean heck. If you're going to take your kid to the park. At least make an effort to play with them.
                            Hey! Let's watch the language.

We're supposed to be self regulating here, like adults.

Comment

Sometimes. Or it could be what you go through when reality comes crashing down upon you. Growing up, I wanted for nothing. My parents always helped and supported, then suddenly they weren't there anymore just at the time I became an pseudo-adult. It was like the world split apart on me and I did not handle it well. Took a couple of years and a bit of help from the only family I had left to grow up and deal with what I am facing not what I want to be facing.

Each person has their own path and it isn't fair to group them into particular generational assumptions of behavior and thought process. I miss my parents and wish they were still here, but I am a stronger person today than I would have been if they were still around.
                              I think the book on how you handled it gets written when you're old.

And I think you'll come out looking damn good.

Comment

Huh, unrealted but it is true. Too many ***** and whine and do nothing but make the problem they are complaining about worse. If you think something is a problem, do something effective to fix it, or shut up.
                                Love this ****.

* stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X