This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    we've just approached the nerdiest level of posting on this thread. Congrats, Gumby. Today is truly a unique moment in thread history.
    Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    Hahaha for real.
    Definitely true.

How happy is fez that he isn't involved In this one?

Comment

• Heeeey there crazy cats! Reporting to you live from Richmond Virginia, woot woot!

Just got word from my super smart boyfriend that someone stole my car :-) he parked it outside an apartment complex with the keys inside! You bet!

What could happen at 3 AM with keys inside a vehicle? Hahahahaha absolutely nothing! Life has never been better and will always be great! Remember folks, please let your beau borrow your car only to have it stolen. You will never feel more alive :-)
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I'm not sure what happened after I turned 22, but this **** is not ****ing fun.

Comment

• Who needs a car anyway? Psh, cars are overrated.

Teleporting is where it's at anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
              Heeeey there crazy cats! Reporting to you live from Richmond Virginia, woot woot!

Just got word from my super smart boyfriend that someone stole my car :-) he parked it outside an apartment complex with the keys inside! You bet!

What could happen at 3 AM with keys inside a vehicle? Hahahahaha absolutely nothing! Life has never been better and will always be great! Remember folks, please let your beau borrow your car only to have it stolen. You will never feel more alive :-)
              .................................sigh
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                Is anyone on here older than me? ...70... I think you're all young stud muffins.
                I could bore the hell out of you with stories... but just a few.
                What Rudy says is true... If you're from a family with challenged finances (just squeeking by) you're less likely to be spoiled.
                My dad died in '57 when I was 11. He was a paraplegic from a WWII brain injury when I was 8. Day after the funeral my mon says, "You're the man of the house now. Go get a job, and half of every penny you earn goes to the family until you move out.
                And, I did... worked my *** off, especially making great bucks caddying at a private golf club, April to November, At 21 I was moving out... married, Chem Eng. degree,... movin' on up. hahahaha. MY first job as a graduate, 1968, Chem E was the single highest paying job a graduate could get. $9,300 a year. A Chemist or BS was getting about $7,800. A BA was getting $7,200. In 2013 a graduate Chem E was getting $67,000.
                So, I'm 11 and the 'man of the house'. Mow the lawn; wash dishes 2X a week. paint the house; put out the garbage3X a week. No toughies, but always busy.
                The perks? I had ZERO curfew. Serious. I'd stay at my GF house, or go drinking with the guys, and come home at 1 AM when I was 12, and my mom never said a word... just, "I trust you to make good decisions... especially when you're out with the guys." But, I was always the married man and always had long term GFs. , so I was mostly with her. I could buy beer any time I wanted to from the time I was 8. Mom said, "Your uncle Bobby is coming over... go get a 6 pak. The local deli, a block away, was always buy with no questions asked. At 13, 2 weeks before I was 14 and a Freshman in HS, I was brought home by the cops at 1AM... totally drunk and passed out. MY mom never said a word... just gave me a look the next day. I never abused it again until after I was legal at 18 (NY). When I was 50,and my mom had a few more months to live, she told me that I was the easiest person to raise that anyone could imagine. I just did what was expected and got good grades and made good money. I never had an argument with her myentire life. So, I've never taken things for granted. I find there are still a lot of really good kids... they're the silent majority. It;'s the spoiled Aholes that make all the noise.
                Oh, and finally... serious...my last perk once I was 'the man', my mom cooked to please me... NO foods were cooked that I didn't like... only meats and veggies I liked, etc. My sisters would beg for Brussel Sprouts for Sunday dinner, and other ugly veggies, because mom didn't make them anymore, cuz I didn't like them. In that respect I was spoiled.
                Thanks for sharing Zimo. It would seem like you turned out to be the good egg she expected.
                I can't say my experience was as tough as yours was, but the "man of the house" thing kinda hits home. My mom had virtually no skills when my parents split, and my ****head dad would scam child support on her because he got into real estate and commission was his main income, so the %s were all messed up. So, when I was 15, I started working, my mom never bought me a thing(not like I would ask anyway). She always made sure I was fed when I was home, but I tried to eat at work because I felt like it was cutting corners for her and my brothers. When I was 18, I moved out because my dad immediately had me emancipated, and there was no way my mom could support 3 of us on what little money she made.
                Now that the 3 of us are grown, she can finally live comfortably and take all the time she wants for herself. I still need to support my youngest brother now and again, but, that's more of a reflection on him than her.
                Having to grow up faster than most, I feel made me a better person. But I'm sure the ppl here will argue that about me =P
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Thanks for sharing Zimo. It would seem like you turned out to be the good egg she expected.
                  I can't say my experience was as tough as yours was, but the "man of the house" thing kinda hits home. My mom had virtually no skills when my parents split, and my ****head dad would scam child support on her because he got into real estate and commission was his main income, so the %s were all messed up. So, when I was 15, I started working, my mom never bought me a thing(not like I would ask anyway). She always made sure I was fed when I was home, but I tried to eat at work because I felt like it was cutting corners for her and my brothers. When I was 18, I moved out because my dad immediately had me emancipated, and there was no way my mom could support 3 of us on what little money she made.
                  Now that the 3 of us are grown, she can finally live comfortably and take all the time she wants for herself. I still need to support my youngest brother now and again, but, that's more of a reflection on him than her.
                  Having to grow up faster than most, I feel made me a better person. But I'm sure the ppl here will argue that about me =P
                  I live with my wife and my dog and I am NOT the man of the house.
                  (and GoGo is a chick)
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Heeeey there crazy cats! Reporting to you live from Richmond Virginia, woot woot!

Probably one of your boos friends.

Comment

.................................sigh
                      I feel like I'm on a never ending crash course

What did I do to deserve this terrible month

First a boot on my car, now no car

Why?

What did I do God?

Should I stop smoking weed? Is that it?

Should I be nicer?

Comment

• Should I pay my tithes?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Probably one of your boos friends.
                          Thanks for the sympathy. Let me know if you need any help in life.

Comment

I feel like I'm on a never ending crash course

What did I do to deserve this terrible month

First a boot on my car, now no car

Why?

What did I do God?

Should I stop smoking weed? Is that it?

Should I be nicer?
                            Shouldn't be so hard to recover the car, if that bag of bingo is still in the trunk?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                              Shouldn't be so hard to recover the car, if that bag of bingo is still in the trunk?
                              Dead bodies are in the trunk, Jim.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                                OK spill the beans....
                                Will you clean them up?

Comment

Working...
                                X