This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    It took a while... about 80 years, but God is finally having a positive effect on people smoking his precious plant.
    That's not your problem.
    You did nothing wrong. **** happens, and sometimes in bunches.
    My son moved in years ago and had a handmade wooden Ouija board. Really nice. But, once it came into the house the spit hit the fan... pipes leaking and flooding the finished basement and upstairs, things breaking. I thought I was jinxed. I moved the damned thing out to the garage and things settled down. Then the bears broke 3 panels on my garage doors to get inside to steal a bag of sunflower seeds. I finally threw the damned board out and things have been OK ever since. I hated to believe it, but it seemed to be the correlating factor. There's some little tiny piece of bad mojo in your life, and it isn't you.... it is some thing.
    For starters, you could throw out that naked picture of Dezz you keep in your wallet.
    I think I know what the seed is but I'm trying to avoid it. My parents don't look at me the same the way they used to. They say I've changed.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
      Geezus ....
      i know, one thing after the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
        Well I think this is more about your boyfriend and leaving the keys in the car .. Sorry Rudy hope all turns out well
        It is

He's given me such a headache these past two years, and I'm coming to terms with how he's weighing me down....

He doesn't make good decisions, and I pay the price for most of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          I'm really sorry you are dealing with this Rudy, it cannot be easy. You are strong, and will get through it though.
          Thanks JMike

Comment

Really interesting to learn these backstories on people. Thank you for sharing, gives some insight into the different perspectives found on here.
            Ha, I wish I could tell my backstory. But then you'll probably be like "you had it made, why are you being dumb?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
              Ha, I wish I could tell my backstory. But then you'll probably be like "you had it made, why are you being dumb?"
              I am the last person who should critcise others for making dumb decisions. I may be a bit socially inept and dim when it comes to communication, but my IQ is quite a bit higher than the norm (not bragging, reality). Nobody "had it made" more than me at one point. This didn't stop me from getting kicked out of college, completely screwing up my life and have to work my way back working mostly as a waitress and bartender. Smart person, really stupid choices. "Had it made" or not, we all have our path and one shouldn't judge what other's have gone through. Tragic for one person may look silly to another, but if it is the worst thing that person has dealt with it feels no different than anybody's tragedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Im on the fence. I know hell be better than Perkins or anyone else we can find but Id like to invest in Oline and Jpp(if we can).
                Hes also been injury prone the last few years plus he has a lot of carries. Cant believe hes been in the league for 10 years already.
                nope, I'm with ya.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  nope, I'm with ya.
                  seems to me he's going to demand quite a chunk of change I don't see the Giants doing that .. Hell its going to be tuff to sign the FA's we have here now ..

Comment

• Lot of emotion and sharing going on in here today. I have a lot more respect for some of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                      I think I know what the seed is but I'm trying to avoid it. My parents don't look at me the same the way they used to. They say I've changed.
                      We usually don't change. What influences our decisions changes. Living with your parents and then going out and living on your own are two entirely different influences. Sometimes a kid can be a closet wild child, but they hold it in to be what their parents expect. Then,m they get out on their own and all hell breaks loose. But, you're still the same person, inside.
                      I'm thinking that you need to just do a little bit more thinking before finalizing decisions. like, should I really loan my car keys to this [person. Be yourself. Do what YOU want to do, deep inside, and don't let another influence you to do something you feel isn't the right thing, It ain't easy... especially when friends try to pull you in a direction you think is wrong.
                      Good luck with the car. It really sucks, and you need a change in luck.

Comment

seems to me he's going to demand quite a chunk of change I don't see the Giants doing that .. Hell its going to be tuff to sign the FA's we have here now ..
                        Yea, I mean...I think he'd be a cool duo with Perkins, but.....I've always had one, and ONLY one view on RBs:
                        They are a dime a dozen. Sure AP was a special rung back. But he's on the obvious last end of his career and getting paid way too much as it is.

No thanks.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I am the last person who should critcise others for making dumb decisions. I may be a bit socially inept and dim when it comes to communication, but my IQ is quite a bit higher than the norm (not bragging, reality). Nobody "had it made" more than me at one point. This didn't stop me from getting kicked out of college, completely screwing up my life and have to work my way back working mostly as a waitress and bartender. Smart person, really stupid choices. "Had it made" or not, we all have our path and one shouldn't judge what other's have gone through. Tragic for one person may look silly to another, but if it is the worst thing that person has dealt with it feels no different than anybody's tragedy.
                          good stuff JM... life is a big learning curve no matter ones back ground ****s gonna happen... its how we handle it that matter most and even then sometimes we need someone to pull us out of the fire
                          Last edited by byron; 02-16-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks to both of you , My story is a bit different but I can relate to your , My father at a very young age came down with narcolepsy which made him near unemployable he would fall asleep anytime, anywhere, anyplace. He became a very angry man as he struggled to make a living doing odd jobs .. As a child I started working very young, raking blueberry's in the late summer was the earliest job I remember .. That money went to buying school clothes that had to last till the next season .. Being the oldest much was expected and I had to help the old man a lot with his endeavors he was very difficult to work with always ranting and raving he couldn't be pleased .. We reached a point where we needed help , in those days they would distribute USDA food to a central location in the town .. It was my job to go with my mom and collect the food idk that kind of left a mark on me we got labeled food stampers.. I swore to my self when I got on my own I would never let that happen to me ..

I can say this as hard as those years were they taught me many things . I consider myself self sufficient thanks to my father.. I don't know how good of a man I am all I know is I try to be good and be respectful to people ..And as far as I'm concerned you and Zim do the same and I commend you both for your openness..
                            Wow... not easy.... but, definitely made you a better and stronger man.
                            I just never even considered how narcolepsy would effect someone's ability to make an honest living. That sucked... for him and for the family. I am sure that if he did not have that problem life would have been much better for you all. His inability to hold a good job to support his family must have weighed heavy on him.
                            Hang tough, Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                              Wow... not easy.... but, definitely made you a better and stronger man.
                              I just never even considered how narcolepsy would effect someone's ability to make an honest living. That sucked... for him and for the family. I am sure that if he did not have that problem life would have been much better for you all. His inability to hold a good job to support his family must have weighed heavy on him.
                              Hang tough, Byron.
                              Zim you and Byron are real men. It would be cool to share a cheap beer and a non filter cigarette with you two and talk sports.
                              Last edited by Ztown; 02-16-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Will you clean them up?
                                I'll do what I can Jenn.

What the hell happened here? I'm away for a day and Rudy's car gets stolen.
                                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X