Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are now, not ONE....but TWO different Eddie Money songs on our closed-circuit radio here.....the **** is this??!?!?! That's just excessive.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      No, too early for me to get out and I never try to time it. I just set some what I thought were ridiculous limits last year and both cashed last week.
      Problem is that I'm 58. It's getting close to the time where we need the money. We have already had some stuff moved to less risky funds. But I don't want to risk what we have too much since the time is getting nearer.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        There are now, not ONE....but TWO different Eddie Money songs on our closed-circuit radio here.....the **** is this??!?!?! That's just excessive.
        What the hell year is it there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Problem is that I'm 58. It's getting close to the time where we need the money. We have already had some stuff moved to less risky funds. But I don't want to risk what we have too much since the time is getting nearer.
          Yeah, you are a bit of a tweener.

I figure I can't retire for at least another 7 to 10 years and just started phase two of planning. As stuff cashes now I redirect it into something that generates cashflow. I'm assuming I do not have enough saved, I don't trust the government and that savings plus medicare unassisted will likely have us eating cat food.

Comment

No, too early for me to get out and I never try to time it. I just set some what I thought were ridiculous limits last year and both cashed last week.
            oh.. I don't know all that much about this , you set high so I guess you made out

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
              oh.. I don't know all that much about this , you set high so I guess you made out
              Yeah, it was ok. I was just throwing darts, didn't think it would hit that and once it did, that's probably as good a time as any to get rid of it, right?

Comment

Yeah, it was ok. I was just throwing darts, didn't think it would hit that and once it did, that's probably as good a time as any to get rid of it, right?
                Like I say I really don't get it all but I was thinking it was auto sell at your limit but if you have the chance to hold them then you risk the things loosing or are they always worth your limit ? nah that can't be ... Based on my very limited knowledge I think you did the right thing .. I'll get the bill out tomorrow hahaha..... I don't know your age but what's your target retirement age.. just wondering you don't have answer that sorry man
                Last edited by byron; 02-17-2017, 07:11 PM.

Comment

What the hell year is it there?
                  right?!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Ztown got perma-banned? darn shame.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Like I say I really don't get it all but I was thinking it was auto sell at your limit but if you have the chance to hold them then you risk the things loosing or are they always worth your limit ? nah that can't be ... Based on my very limited knowledge I think you did the right thing .. I'll get the bill out tomorrow hahaha..... I don't know your age but what's your target retirement age.. just wondering you don't have answer that sorry man
                      You got it right. It's an upper limit, if it hits it sells. If it never hits, I just keep it.

Personal check ok? I swear I good for it.

My target age is 60. But that's just for quitting the regular gig, not for moving to FLA to play golf forever kind of retirement. Just do something I love and not having to work for a paycheck. I'm not optimistic on the 60.

Plus you could ask me anything, Byron. I'd answer.
                      Last edited by Sarcasman; 02-17-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

You got it right. It's an upper limit, if it hits it sells. If it never hits, I just keep it.

Personal check ok? I swear I good for it.

My target age is 60. But that's just for quitting the regular gig, not for moving to FLA to play golf forever kind of retirement. Just do something I love and not having to work for a paycheck. I'm not optimistic on the 60.

Plus you could ask me anything, Byron. I'd answer.
                        I just want to retire and write songs and be an idiot. My wife won't let me. 38 years on straight commission. I'm burned out and ready for something else.

Unfortunately "something else" doesn't involve anything that can make me money.

Comment

• Today is Sade's 58th birthday. (same as me).
                          Her music represents all that is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3-BpOM5RY

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Today is Sade's 58th birthday. (same as me).
                            Her music represents all that is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3-BpOM5RY
                            Not her birthday but I agree
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              Ztown got perma-banned? darn shame.
                              Could be temporary

Comment

in one piece ?
                                Outside of the car is fine. Not a lot of structural damage. Some bumps and scratches though. Took all of my clothes inside the car. Eh not too bummed. Clothes are replaceable. Insurance says it will clean up the bumps and scratches.

Comment

Working...
                                X