This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmike brought some knives to a gun fight
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
      I can answer that: he was being a completely obnoxious ******* over and over again. He was my last official ban before I exposed myself to the red Kryptonian sunlight in the crystal chamber and became a mere mortal
      Can't argue with that.

No longer a moderator/admin Die Hard? Why did you decide to hang it up? Or is it none of my business?

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        Well, I sure can't criticize, or laugh. If I walked the streets day and night to move around any city I'd be well armed, too. I have a concealed weapon license... is that valid in the city? I have many, many knives. I love them. I have throwing knives and a throwing axe... have always loved to throw knives since I was 11, 12. with my old BS Bowie knife. It's still sharp, in it's original leather sheath... 59 years old. Got pretty good at it. Had a really super duper 3' x 6' throwing back stop made of 2 x 4's and the picture of an axe wielding Viking warrior drawn on it. Very easy to make. A nice 2' x 2' target to hang on a wall can be made from 3 - 8' pieces.
        There's nothing nicer than that sound, 'chunk,' when you hit a tree perfect.
        Anyways, I respect the feelings that encourage you to be prepared like that, and I pray to God that you never feel threatened enough to have to pull one. Be safe.
        I've had to use them more than once in my travels. The ones in my collar have proved particularly useful has they are right where your hand nationally goes when someone pulls you by the hair. Gash up their hand pretty good just pulling them out. I haven't had a serious issue in a couple of years though. Some areas I need to walk through to and from work and other places are not the safest in town and I don't exactly possess an intimidating figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          jmike brought some knives to a gun fight
          I dislike guns. Ironically, I can easily get a carry permit for a gun to carry around, but everything I carry is illegal and can't make it legal in Phila. Even the mace I carry is illegal, but the can it is in is labelled pepper spray. Which can I tell you how useless a can of pepper spray is. My lawyer Brother in Law gives me hell about it and I tell him I'll worry about it if I survive to see the judge.

Comment

I can answer that: he was being a completely obnoxious ******* over and over again. He was my last official ban before I exposed myself to the red Kryptonian sunlight in the crystal chamber and became a mere mortal
            OMG....Who's running the store now?
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
              Sooo.......there's basically about 13 different people that post on the Giants message boards and they all have like 47 different accounts?

Sounds about right.

Of course not.

Delicreep writes for me on every other Wednesdays and Sunday.

Bill used to take it when I was on vacation. He was reliable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                Now DSP was another troll, but he wasn't Bill.

Bill was pretending/mocking allentown.
                That would be disappointing. I would expect bill to pick a more challenging and interesting role.

PS - for the record, I don't think it's him.
                PPS -JP definitely made that dude kill himself, the blood's on his hands.
                PPPS - I was largely above the fray

Sarcaman, largely above the fray
                Last edited by Sarcasman; 02-22-2017, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  That would be disappointing. I would expect bill to pick a more challenging and interesting role.

PS - for the record, I don't think it's him.
                  PPS -JP definitely made that dude kill himself, the blood's on his hands.
                  PPPS - I was largely above the fray

Sarcaman, largely above the fray
                  PSSSSSS: It's him
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    Wow... thanks, Rudy. I never knew that. I knew Allentown for years on DYN and he was always a great guy. Then he disappeared and Ztown showed up and I assumed they were the same person. Ztown's pro said he was from Allentown, so it seemed a sure assumption, and then Ztown came on DYN, and treated me about the same as Allentown... so.
                    Just wait until Urinetown gets here...

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      Can't argue with that.

No longer a moderator/admin Die Hard? Why did you decide to hang it up? Or is it none of my business?
                      Nah, it's ok. Without going into too much detail, someone else was banned for just a few days, and they started talking lawsuits and all kinds of other craziness. People take this place way too seriously, and I had enough of dealing with it. RF and YA are handling stuff now
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Nah, it's ok. Without going into too much detail, someone else was banned for just a few days, and they started talking lawsuits and all kinds of other craziness. People take this place way too seriously, and I had enough of dealing with it. RF and YA are handling stuff now
                        LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wow..
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

That's funny.

Unless it's true in which case I meant to say that's as crazy as it is sad.

The internet doth make morons of us all.

Comment

• I just took one of those internet tests and the conclusion was that I was a ray of light on everyone around me.

Amazing how accurate those things can be.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              That's funny.

Unless it's true in which case I meant to say that's as crazy as it is sad.

The internet doth make morons of us all.
                              I know who he's talking about. It's more of a sensitivity thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I just took one of those internet tests and the conclusion was that I was a ray of light on everyone around me.

Amazing how accurate those things can be.

That's nothing. I just inherited a fortune from a wealthy Kenyan Prince who needed to give his money away.
                                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X