This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    I have spent many dozens of hours researching all the research on weed... and it has been prolific from primarily Spain and Israel for the past 40 years.
    Here is a fact... if my wife had smoked grass, as I did, she would be alive today.
    She liked her "Drinky'poos"... whatever fruity rum or vodka concoctions she could make.
    If she smoked a joint and had a drink she would literally pass out. So, she chose not to smoke.
    40 years of research has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if you smoke cannabis you will never get brain cancer. Irrefutable Fact. The CBD in it goes into your blood stream, which then enriches the brain. CBD kills brain tumor cells on contact.
    My wife got lung cancer and had a third of her left lung removed.... along with Chemo and radiation she beat that cancer,
    But, it metastacized to her brain, and that killed her 6 months after it was detected, despite copious brain radiation. I hadn't done my cannabis research yet, so I didn't know until it was too late.
    My wife has a host of medical conditions that pot could help her with - Epilepsy being the main one, but also depression, anxiety, apathy, headaches... she did have a type of stroke years ago. But she does not want to try it, even though many people in her family use it. I can't force her, and doctors aren't recommending it over what they prescribe - which combined makes her almost a zombie.
    She requested that I stop, many years ago - which I did for a while, but when her issues began piling up I felt I needed it to deal with things. One odd thing is that she seems to resent that I never have medical issues or even go into a rut over anything in life.
    Anyway, sorry for how it went for your wife, and thanks for the interesting information.

Comment

I have spent many dozens of hours researching all the research on weed... and it has been prolific from primarily Spain and Israel for the past 40 years.
      Here is a fact... if my wife had smoked grass, as I did, she would be alive today.
      She liked her "Drinky'poos"... whatever fruity rum or vodka concoctions she could make.
      If she smoked a joint and had a drink she would literally pass out. So, she chose not to smoke.
      40 years of research has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if you smoke cannabis you will never get brain cancer. Irrefutable Fact. The CBD in it goes into your blood stream, which then enriches the brain. CBD kills brain tumor cells on contact.
      My wife got lung cancer and had a third of her left lung removed.... along with Chemo and radiation she beat that cancer,
      But, it metastacized to her brain, and that killed her 6 months after it was detected, despite copious brain radiation. I hadn't done my cannabis research yet, so I didn't know until it was too late.
      Wow, it can kill a tumor as soon as it comes in contact? I know it's great for reducing nausea in chemo patients as well as treat many cancerous cells, but to actually kill them is remarkable. I'll have to look more into it.

THC has a lot of positive effects. Don't we have cannaboid receptors in our brains?
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        My wife has a host of medical conditions that pot could help her with - Epilepsy being the main one, but also depression, anxiety, apathy, headaches... she did have a type of stroke years ago. But she does not want to try it, even though many people in her family use it. I can't force her, and doctors aren't recommending it over what they prescribe - which combined makes her almost a zombie.
        She requested that I stop, many years ago - which I did for a while, but when her issues began piling up I felt I needed it to deal with things. One odd thing is that she seems to resent that I never have medical issues or even go into a rut over anything in life.
        Anyway, sorry for how it went for your wife, and thanks for the interesting information.
        Oh, of course her doctor didn't recommend it.

For one, it's cheap medication vs spending hundreds on pills that can actually kill you.

Comment

Sorry about your wife Zim .... I've done some research my self it seems there are many things weed is helpful with medically .. My interest is with copd I've read quite a few articles about is benefits.. It appears to me that it works much like albuterol .. I've talked to my doc about it but it realy didn't go very far .. and the costs were high in aerosol form and not covered by insurance.. I've got half a mind to pick up a bit of smoke able somewhere and give it a try see if it helps maybe better than the Pro-Air I use now. It taste nasty and doesn't seem to do much.. I know smoke is probably not the best way to for me but it would maybe answer the question I have about it before I make the move for the medical stuff.. Idk It seems to me our Government is holding back the medical side and benefits of weed ...

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            Sorry about your wife Zim .... I've done some research my self it seems there are many things weed is helpful with medically .. My interest is with copd I've read quite a few articles about is benefits.. It appears to me that it works much like albuterol .. I've talked to my doc about it but it realy didn't go very far .. and the costs were high in aerosol form and not covered by insurance.. I've got half a mind to pick up a bit of smoke able somewhere and give it a try see if it helps maybe better than the Pro-Air I use now. It taste nasty and doesn't seem to do much.. I know smoke is probably not the best way to for me but it would maybe answer the question I have about it before I make the move for the medical stuff.. Idk It seems to me our Government is holding back the medical side and benefits of weed ...
            Pro Air sucks, sorry man. Ventolin inhalers work so much better.

What people need to understand is there is a huge difference between weed smoke and cigarette smoke. One is toxic and deadly, and the other is not. That is fact from the Gods.

THC does not have toxins natural or artificial. That's why nobody had died from smoking weed, there is absolutely nothing from weed that can kill you. Is a friggin plant grown naturally.

Cigarette's contains hundreds and hundreds of chemicals, and then of course the nicotine.

I have asthma, and it doesn't worsen it. It actually clears my lungs. My lungs have never gotten tight, and I have never had difficulty breathing due to smoking marijuana. Ever. My brother's had asthma since he were 1, and he doesn't even need his inhaler anymore ever ainced he started smoking weed. I'm not sure there's a link to asthma and weed.

Many people don't know the pros and cons of weed because the government won't legalize it. We can't test it or do a ton of research as a result, and Inthink that's ****ed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post

What people need to understand is there is a huge difference between weed smoke and cigarette smoke. One is toxic and deadly, and the other is not. That is fact from the Gods.

THC does not have toxins natural or artificial. That's why nobody had died from smoking weed, there is absolutely nothing from weed that can kill you. Is a friggin plant grown naturally.

Cigarette's contains hundreds and hundreds of chemicals, and then of course the nicotine.

I have asthma, and it doesn't worsen it. It actually clears my lungs. My lungs have never gotten tight, and I have never had difficulty breathing due to smoking marijuana. Ever. My brother's had asthma since he were 1, and he doesn't even need his inhaler anymore ever ainced he started smoking weed. I'm not sure there's a link to asthma and weed.

Many people don't know the pros and cons of weed because the government won't legalize it. We can't test it or do a ton of research as a result, and Inthink that's ****ed up.
              I use proair, its ok.
              Any type of smoke is bad for your lungs. Look what happens to your bowl. It fills up with resin.
              Thats why I was mentioning the magic butter machine before. Make edibles and thc butter.

Comment

Oh, of course her doctor didn't recommend it.

For one, it's cheap medication vs spending hundreds on pills that can actually kill you.
                It's also a law suit waiting to happen.
                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  I use proair, its ok.
                  Any type of smoke is bad for your lungs. Look what happens to your bowl. It fills up with resin.
                  Thats why I was mentioning the magic butter machine before. Make edibles and thc butter.
                  No pro air sucks and you suck

Comment

It is ****ed up Rudy ... I'm seeing the Doc in a couple weeks I'm going talk about a change .. thanks Rudy
                    Last edited by byron; 02-23-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                      It's also a law suit waiting to happen.
                      i know.

"Yo man, idk who my doctor's plug is, but he sold me some reggie!"

Comment

Right you are, Rudy.
                        First... because we were in a war against drugs, and Ronnie and Nancy blasted Marijuana, there was zero research done on it in our country. Why evaluate a plant that is illegal and inexpensive? So, that is why research from other countries was the only resource.
                        But, that research was not available to the citizens of the US because it was, again, illegal. No one of the opponents of weed wanted it's medicinal benefits known... for many reasons, but mostly to assuage the Pharma lobbyists.
                        I had to do some deep researching to find many answers. Israel has done the most. Do you know that in Israel, in retirement homes marijuana is openly available to the residents.
                        I have COPD and Emphysema for 17 years. I started smoking when I was 12, and even though I was a big athlete, I smoked a pack a day. This was early 60's and you had coaches and pro players who openly smoked.
                        My lung doctor knows all about my smoking. He badgered me for years to quit smoking cigarettes, which I didn't do until 6 years ago, after my wife had been dead for a year. He never once told me to quit smoking grass... but, he would prefer if I vaped it. Grass does not contribute to COPD or Emphysema.. They know that it has far less chemicals in the smoke, and some medically beneficial cannabinoids, but it is still smoke, and the doctors aren't yet sure why it has no deleterious effects.

Comment

• Here is some, Rudy: This is
                          http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthd...7235037&page=1

http://herb.co/2016/07/01/cannabis-treat-brain-cancer/

I'll have to do some more digging to find the old Israel research that was conducted from the 70's to the 90's. In one of their papers it was flat outnstated that if you already smoked cannabis, there was zero chance that you could develop brain cancer.

this addresses seizures...
                          http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/does-...ll-brain-cells

Comment

• Interesting stuff thanks Zim.. if you don't mind do use any fast acting inhalers ?

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                              Interesting stuff thanks Zim.. if you don't mind do use any fast acting inhalers ?
                              I always carry albuterol around with me, but I never use it because when I work my lungs to exhaustion I can do a nice job of deep, controlled breathing and within a minute or two I am OK again.
                              BUT, I do take Symbicort 2X/day and Spiriva 1X/day, every day, or else I'm in trouble

Comment

I always carry albuterol around with me, but I never use it because when I work my lungs to exhaustion I can do a nice job of deep, controlled breathing and within a minute or two I am OK again.
                                BUT, I do take Symbicort 2X/day and Spiriva 1X/day, every day, or else I'm in trouble
                                thanks Zim

Comment

Working...
                                X