Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it is not medically approved in your state the doctor is not supposed to recommend it, nor give any opinion.
    Every single doctor that I see knows of my smoking... general internist doc, heart doc, lung doc, urologist, Otolaryngologist (I have Tinnitus) and orthopedic surgeon (have had broken ankle and wrist in the last 3 years. They all smile and move on. Not one has ever had a negative comment.
    When they operated on my ankle 3 years ago (plate and 5 screws), the anesthesiologist asked me about my meds. When I told him I smoked weed he asked, "When was the last time you had any?"
    "About 10 seconds before I got out of the car to come into the hospital."
    He and the nurse laughed their asses off.
    "Good," he said, "That will make my job easier."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Ah, well then I vote for Bernie Williams.
      then I vote Paul O'Neill
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Len Dawson, Herschel (before he was a Giant), Gale Sayers, Pete Banaczak, Roger Staubach, Marv Hubbard, Fred Biletk\nikoff, Howard twilley.
        Out of football... Muhammed Ali, Sandy Koufax
        Last edited by zimonami; 02-23-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
          If it is not medically approved in your state the doctor is not supposed to recommend it, nor give any opinion.
          Every single doctor that I see knows of my smoking... general internist doc, heart doc, lung doc, urologist, Otolaryngologist (I have Tinnitus) and orthopedic surgeon (have had broken ankle and wrist in the last 3 years. They all smile and move on. Not one has ever had a negative comment.
          When they operated on my ankle 3 years ago (plate and 5 screws), the anesthesiologist asked me about my meds. When I told him I smoked weed he asked, "When was the last time you had any?"
          "About 10 seconds before I got out of the car to come into the hospital."
          He and the nurse laughed their asses off.
          "Good," he said, "That will make my job easier."
          Well it is medically approved here and legalization of up to 2.5 oz for personal use ..When I talked to her at that time you had to have a green card which I believe she could approve at a cost of 150.00 I think ..Since then last fall legalization passed but they are still working out all the wrinkles . Anyway I'm not sure where that's all at .. I know when talked to her and asked what she thought . First thing she said was did I know someone I might be able to get it from..lol And I told her I wasn't sure about the smoke in my lungs .. She looked up the supposed aerosol month supply about 300.00 I was looking at 450 to 500 just to give it a try .. Honestly I'm not looking to get high really but rather just breath easier .. I've smoked in the past and I know what to expect and maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to mellow out .. haha... I didn't want to waste the money just to get high is all I'm saying.. Then there's the whole sober and clean thing I haven't touched anything since 89.. Idk man there are some risks there.. Anyway Zim very helpful to talk about it .. I guess I wish if its useful and helpful to people with copd the truth would come out then I could better justify the risk... sorry for dragging this out ...

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            Well it is medically approved here and legalization of up to 2.5 oz for personal use ..When I talked to her at that time you had to have a green card which I believe she could approve at a cost of 150.00 I think ..Since then last fall legalization passed but they are still working out all the wrinkles . Anyway I'm not sure where that's all at .. I know when talked to her and asked what she thought . First thing she said was did I know someone I might be able to get it from..lol And I told her I wasn't sure about the smoke in my lungs .. She looked up the supposed aerosol month supply about 300.00 I was looking at 450 to 500 just to give it a try .. Honestly I'm not looking to get high really but rather just breath easier .. I've smoked in the past and I know what to expect and maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to mellow out .. haha... I didn't want to waste the money just to get high is all I'm saying.. Then there's the whole sober and clean thing I haven't touched anything since 89.. Idk man there are some risks there.. Anyway Zim very helpful to talk about it .. I guess I wish if its useful and helpful to people with copd the truth would come out then I could better justify the risk... sorry for dragging this out ...
            I don't know that it's beneficial for COPD/Emphysema, or asthma.. I only know it doesn't hurt.
            Did the doc say it might help... or, didn't she know?
            I don't know about thje clean and sober thing, at all. I know there have been whole months in the last 36 years when I couldn't get any, but was absolutely fine as far as not having it. It was... yeah, I'd like it, but it ain't a problem.
            I know that the last time I heard a number from Colorado they found that about 9 - 11% were psychologically hooked on it. Of course, it is the most benign and coincidentally beneficial chemical you could ever imagine. So, I can't say whether it would be a risk, or not. Again, I'd discuss it with a doctor that knows what they're talking about. I mean, it;'s only the last few years that everyone has been educated that it is not physically addictive, unlike the old days when everyone swore it was a gateway drug. Even MADD has endorsed it as not being a gateway drug. People are finally becoming educated... even doctors who really had no clue.
            To think that our Country's opinions on it were truly formed by the movie "Reefer Madness" which was produced by alcohol manbufacturers trying to get back their market after prohibition was repealed. That put the idea in the minds of people that it was a dangerous drug... and the feeling snowballed. until it was banned by tye government... with zero factual data. As we all know, there has never been a single recorded death from it. Althoughh I wouldn't doubt that it had a hand in many critical car accidents.
            Do some googling on it and form an idea for yourself.

Comment

• Yeah that's the plan Zim talk to the Doc get her input .

Comment

I don't know that it's beneficial for COPD/Emphysema, or asthma.. I only know it doesn't hurt.
                I don't know about thje clean and sober thing, at all. I know there have been whole months in the last 36 years when I couldn't get any, but was absolutely fine as far as not having it. It was... yeah, I'd like it, but it ain't a problem.
                I know that the last time I heard a number from Colorado they found that about 9 - 11% were psychologically hooked on it. Of course, it is the most benign and coincidentally beneficial chemical you could ever imagine. So, I can't say whether it would be a risk, or not. Again, I'd discuss it with a doctor that knows what they're talking about. I mean, it;'s only the last few years that everyone has been educated that it is not physically addictive, unlike the old days when everyone swore it was a gateway drug. Even MADD has endorsed it as not being a gateway drug. People are finally becoming educated... even doctors who really had no clue.
                To think that our Country's opinions on it were truly formed by the movie "Reefer Madness" which was produced by alcohol manbufacturers trying to get back their market after prohibition was repealed. That put the idea in the minds of people that it was a dangerous drug... and the feeling snowballed. until it was banned by tye government... with zero factual data. As we all know, there has never been a single recorded death from it. Althoughh I wouldn't doubt that it had a hand in many critical car accidents.
                God bless both you guys.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                  Pro Air sucks, sorry man. Ventolin inhalers work so much better.

I have an albuterol rescue inhaler, it works well but I pretty much never use it.

For maintenance I use Advair once a day, I find that it works very, very well for me which is why i believe i never need the albuterol.

You may want to ask your Dr about that as well, Byron

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    God bless both you guys.

Agreed; well said.

It's hard to understand why ZTown thinks you are such a miserable *****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      Agreed; well said.

It's hard to understand why ZTown thinks you are such a miserable *****.
                      Well even a stopped clock is right twice a day....
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

alcohol abuse and alcohol related deaths also went up when it bacame illegal. By the end of prohibition consumption numbers were 60% higher than it was before. Plus the problem with making things, people will find a way to get anyway, illegal is it increases crime overall. If you can sell it legally, there is no reason to protect your territory with violence. The drugs aren't the problem as much as all the crime related to the manufactor, distribution and selling of the drugs.

Make ball point pens illegal and you will see an increase in ball point pen related violent crime as those who can get them want to sell them to those who want it. If you put the same money that they are using to get drugs off the street to support and fund mental health, rehab and education centers and you will see much better results and lower comsumption than you are seeing now with making them illegal.

Its like the gun control problem, people want more gun control laws because criminals are commiting violent crimes with guns. Well what does a criminal care about obeying a gun law? It just will keep guns out of the hands of people who will obey the law, you know, not criminals.

We were discussing my knives the other day, talk about dumb laws. I can easily get a handgun carry permit to protect myself, but my knives will always be illegal. Problem there is I have never been able to handle a handgun very well. The safest person to be is the one at which I am aiming. So my options are to legally carry something that is more dangerous to myself than the person who is attacking me or carry something illegal.

Making dumb laws to restrict people's ability to choose serves nobody.
                        So your argument is criminals will always break the law so we shouldnt even bother having laws. Thats what Im reading.
                        Laws are put into place to punish criminals and others who break any law.
                        Punishing people that push hard drugs that you can overdose on isnt a "dumb law" in my opinion.
                        Most gun laws ARE dumb, I agree with you there.
                        Last edited by dezzzR; 02-24-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

The government also didnt want hemp to kill the cotton industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            So your argument is criminals will always break the law so we shouldnt even bother having laws. Thats what Im reading.
                            Then you do not read very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              I have an albuterol rescue inhaler, it works well but I pretty much never use it.

For maintenance I use Advair once a day, I find that it works very, very well for me which is why i believe i never need the albuterol.

You may want to ask your Dr about that as well, Byron
                              Yup. The Advair is like my symbicort... they do work well. No improvement over time, but at least you can breath every day..

Comment

Then you do not read very well.
                                Agree to disagree then

Comment

Working...
                                X