This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    IDK about that, but they do have a 40% suicide rate.

Hey dezz, that is worse than drug users too. Should we make being transgender illegal? Or should we just put a bunch of suicide laws in place? Like the death penalty if you are caught trying to kill yourself?

Why have men's and women's rooms, are urinals that important to you guys? Just put a buch of stalls in. There is a wall thing there so I don't have to watch some guy I don't know shake off his penis.
    Two COMPLETELY separate issues, once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      You said you lost friends too, did you say that when they couldnt control their addiction. Come on now Jen.
      I won't pretend that the laws kept them alive, because, well, they're dead.

I was very sad to lose them, but it is their own bad decisions that lead to that.

Maybe if the money they spent on keeping my friends from getting the drugs was spent on helping kids cope with their issues at a younger age so it doesn't lead to this end would have had more effective.

If you don't want a truck to run over your skateboard, do you try to stop the truck or do you move the skateboard?

Comment

Two COMPLETELY separate issues, once again.
        No, theses are things that are bad for you. You said drugs can kill you because you can overdose so should be illegal. So anything that can kill you should be illegal.

Since life itself is a terminal disease, should being alive be illegal? Should we put into jail everyone who is alive until they stop doing something that will kill them and die?

Comment

If they get caught it certainly has an effect on them.
          That's why they are 'criminals', with a record.. They got caught somewhere along their way.

Comment

Again, agree to disagree. I think legalizing heroine and other hard drugs would be bad, very bad. You can clearly see how bad it is with people abusing percs.
            In countries like Portugal, where all drugs are legal, they have had dramatic decreases in robberies due to addictive thieves needing money... less ER treatments on suddenly OD'd peeps, less addicts coming to clinics for help. There is a whole different way to look at the situation. Since it's not clandestine, the users have more access to accurate knowledge about what they might be trying. But, another significant key is that you are not filling jails with peeps caught buying or selling. Our jails are packed with people caught with marijuana, and it ruins their lives ever after, and fills the jail system with $$. Jails are big business these days. We have more incarcerated people than any other country in the world. The Netherlands don't even have jails anymore.

Comment

No, theses are things that are bad for you. You said drugs can kill you because you can overdose so should be illegal. So anything that can kill you should be illegal.

Since life itself is a terminal disease, should being alive be illegal? Should we put into jail everyone who is alive until they stop doing something that will kill them and die?
              I laughed so hard

"Are you alive? Off to jail you go!"
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                That's why they are 'criminals', with a record.. They got caught somewhere along their way.
                ZIM IS WOKE
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I won't pretend that the laws kept them alive, because, well, they're dead.

I was very sad to lose them, but it is their own bad decisions that lead to that.

Maybe if the money they spent on keeping my friends from getting the drugs was spent on helping kids cope with their issues at a younger age so it doesn't lead to this end would have had more effective.

If you don't want a truck to run over your skateboard, do you try to stop the truck or do you move the skateboard?
                  They do have that, its called AA and other addiction programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    In countries like Portugal, where all drugs are legal, they have had dramatic decreases in robberies due to addictive thieves needing money... less ER treatments on suddenly OD'd peeps, less addicts coming to clinics for help. There is a whole different way to look at the situation. Since it's not clandestine, the users have more access to accurate knowledge about what they might be trying. But, another significant key is that you are not filling jails with peeps caught buying or selling. Our jails are packed with people caught with marijuana, and it ruins their lives ever after, and fills the jail system with $$. Jails are big business these days. We have more incarcerated people than any other country in the world. The Netherlands don't even have jails anymore.
                    Again Im not talking about weed. Im talking about hard drugs. And again, percs and other opioid pills are legal and more people od on them than any other drug by a wide margin.

Comment

Again Im not talking about weed. Im talking about hard drugs. And again, percs and other opioid pills are legal and more people od on them than any other drug by a wide margin.
                      They are legal because they are legally prescribed for actual medical uses. People who abuse them to that extent are not typically being the ones prescribed.
                      When I was 17 I worked in a pharmacy that was broken into not once, but twice, and destroyed the vault where the C2 narcotics were stored. Mother****ers came through the roof like they were breaking into a goddamn government building, Mission: Impossible style or some ****.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        They are legal because they are legally prescribed for actual medical uses. People who abuse them to that extent are not typically being the ones prescribed.
                        When I was 17 I worked in a pharmacy that was broken into not once, but twice, and destroyed the vault where the C2 narcotics were stored. Mother****ers came through the roof like they were breaking into a goddamn government building, Mission: Impossible style or some ****.
                        They are OVER prescribed.

Comment

• Anyway, whats for lunch?

Comment

They are OVER prescribed.
                            Well, I think they have tightened up, which is why there has been such a horrid heroin epidemic hitting middle class America in recent yrs, because it became cheaper than finding the pills.

Not sure if I've mentioned, but, my ex, who some of these guys have met, her younger brother got wrapped up in the pills after a friend had him try a few while boozing. Shortly after that, terrible heroin addiction. it was like flipping a ****ing lightswitch. Nobody had any ****ing clue until someone found him nearly dead. a year later, after rehab, he relapsed, OD'd again, and died.
                            Good kid, good family....you can't predict that....
                            THE KID WASN'T EVEN 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saddest ****ing thing I've ever seen.....it's such a depressing issue.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

They do have that, its called AA and other addiction programs.
                              Yea, they are well funded and available to Jr. High and high school kids when these problems are developing. Also, they are only really helpful after the problem and not before it begins. There is still a stigma with mental health and most of the "problems" associated with drugs, alcohol, guns, gender identity, ball point pen addiction, etc....can be significantly reduced if younger kids have easy access to and no stigma surrounding getting treatment to keep you mind as healthy as your body. If someone says I am taking my kid to the pediatrician, nobody bats an eye. Try saying you are taking your 12 yo to his psycholigist and see what looks you get.

But lets stick to your plan and produce unenforcable laws that make issues worse and take effect after it is too late. I mean heck, its been working great so far. Right?

Comment

Anyway, whats for lunch?
                                live bunnies

Comment

Working...
                                X