• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    live bunnies
    That's evil............so I could totally see you doing that =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      That's evil............so I could totally see you doing that =P
      The trick is to start with the feet and hind quarters. Keeps them alive longer. Also the rush of endorphins there at the end makes the brains that much sweeter.

Comment

Yea, they are well funded and available to Jr. High and high school kids when these problems are developing. Also, they are only really helpful after the problem and not before it begins. There is still a stigma with mental health and most of the "problems" associated with drugs, alcohol, guns, gender identity, ball point pen addiction, etc....can be significantly reduced if younger kids have easy access to and no stigma surrounding getting treatment to keep you mind as healthy as your body. If someone says I am taking my kid to the pediatrician, nobody bats an eye. Try saying you are taking your 12 yo to his psycholigist and see what looks you get.

But lets stick to your plan and produce unenforcable laws that make issues worse and take effect after it is too late. I mean heck, its been working great so far. Right?
        Actually yea, things are much better than the 60s,70s,80s when drugs were literally destroying inner cities.Look at the murder rates from then to now. Brooklyn, Bronx, parts of LA, were war zones fueled by drugs. Chicago is still bad and would be worse if police werent going after these dealers and gangs.

Comment

live bunnies
          Some wabbit? I never tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            I have an albuterol rescue inhaler, it works well but I pretty much never use it.

For maintenance I use Advair once a day, I find that it works very, very well for me which is why i believe i never need the albuterol.

You may want to ask your Dr about that as well, Byron
            I should have mentioned I use Advair 2x a day Spiriva 1x day and have the albuterol .. I also use a oxygen concentrator machine when I sleep or get in trouble.. and have compressed oxy on hand for power outages , traveling and what not .. I don't use the compressed oxy very often.. But I'll be honest I've had some scary situations where I was out and about and wished I had it with me .. I have to be really careful not to over do.. Oh well , if I'm doing anything here I may be understating my situation,but laying this heavy **** down was not my intent when this discussion started.. I'm just looking for answers , the fact that Zim and I have the same problem , but he uses weed and I don't aroused my interest.. And Zim did and does a very good job articulating he thoughts and understandings of things.. I'm very thankful to him for his open ness on the subject , it is helping.

Anyway perhaps I should have moved this to PM's and saved every body from the personal stuff .. This disease has me constantly adjusting to the ever changing limitations it puts on me as I get older and it progresses. I saw an opportunity to get some info and grabbed it . Zim was kind enough to be very candid and open about his experiences..Very grateful to him for that..

Now back to football ... what's the story with Will Beaty???

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Actually yea, things are much better than the 60s,70s,80s when drugs were literally destroying inner cities.Look at the murder rates from then to now. Brooklyn, Bronx, parts of LA, were war zones fueled by drugs. Chicago is still bad and would be worse if police werent going after these dealers and gangs.
              Yes they were distroying inner cities because criminals controlled distribution. Do you think CVS is going to arm its employees to protect its territory from the Rite Aid threatening to move in?

Durring prohibition, the illegal sale of alcohol was surrounded by a lot of violence, because criminals controlled distribution. Do you find the same issues at your local liquor store? Or your chain restaurant bar when drinking your pina mai tai colini?

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                I should have mentioned I use Advair 2x a day Spiriva 1x day and have the albuterol .. I also use a oxygen concentrator machine when I sleep or get in trouble.. and have compressed oxy on hand for power outages , traveling and what not .. I don't use the compressed oxy very often.. But I'll be honest I've had some scary situations where I was out and about and wished I had it with me .. I have to be really careful not to over do.. Oh well , if I'm doing anything here I may be understating my situation,but laying this heavy **** down was not my intent when this discussion started.. I'm just looking for answers , the fact that Zim and I have the same problem , but he uses weed and I don't aroused my interest.. And Zim did and does a very good job articulating he thoughts and understandings of things.. I'm very thankful to him for his open ness on the subject , it is helping.

Anyway perhaps I should have moved this to PM's and saved every body from the personal stuff .. This disease has me constantly adjusting to the ever changing limitations it puts on me as I get older and it progresses. I saw an opportunity to get some info and grabbed it . Zim was kind enough to be very candid and open about his experiences..Very grateful to him for that..

No worries B. Very sorry you have to deal with all of that.

Comment

Yes they were distroying inner cities because criminals controlled distribution. Do you think CVS is going to arm its employees to protect its territory from the Rite Aid threatening to move in?

Durring prohibition, the illegal sale of alcohol was surrounded by a lot of violence, because criminals controlled distribution. Do you find the same issues at your local liquor store? Or your chain restaurant bar when drinking your pina mai tai colini?
                  Ok but why are things better now than past decades? Because punishment is more strict and better policing. Is it perfect? No, but its still much, much better than when the laws were more lax.
                  We clearly have different opinions on the subject. I dont believe everything you say is wrong. You and Zim make some good points, I feel I did as well.

Comment

• Dezz, life is hard and there is no free lunch out there. Nobody is doing anybody any favors by trying to protect them from themselves. All they are doing is making sure they are not ready to deal with life when it suddenly gets real. Spend the billions that they are using to not fix the drug problem on preparing kids to face the harsh world that is about to hit them square in the face. Then maybe, you won't have a drug problem in the end.

I've always said, if you have a problem, take actions that will fix or improve it. For decades we have been running full steam into the same brick wall on this drug issue and all anybody wants to do to fix it is say you aren't hitting it hard enough. Too me that is stupid. So any law that is more of the same, is a "dumb law".

Comment

Ok but why are things better now than past decades? Because punishment is more strict and better policing. Is it perfect? No, but its still much, much better than when the laws were more lax.
                      We clearly have different opinions on the subject. I dont believe everything you say is wrong. You and Zim make some good points, I feel I did as well.
                      Because the criminals have found that less violence causes less investigation, less convictions and increases profits. So I guess creating smarter criminals is an improvement, just not sure it is the type of improvement we want.

Comment

Dezz, life is hard and there is no free lunch out there. Nobody is doing anybody any favors by trying to protect them from themselves. All they are doing is making sure they are not ready to deal with life when it suddenly gets real. Spend the billions that they are using to not fix the drug problem on preparing kids to face the harsh world that is about to hit them square in the face. Then maybe, you won't have a drug problem in the end.

I've always said, if you have a problem, take actions that will fix or improve it. For decades we have been running full steam into the same brick wall on this drug issue and all anybody wants to do to fix it is say you aren't hitting it hard enough. Too me that is stupid. So any law that is more of the same, is a "dumb law".
                        I dont view it as protecting people from themselves. I view it as getting scumbags who make money off this **** off the street. And I dont agree that the war on drugs has been a failure. Again look at the murder rate from past decades before the 80's. Some places its down over 90%. Thats not hitting a brick wall imo.

Comment

No worries B. Very sorry you have to deal with all of that.
                          Thank you Jmike ... I'm use to it and know my limitations as they say it is what it is.. I've had a cold since the big snow last week, its bogging me down and cooping me up I need to get out of this house !! Going to take a ride this afternoon with my wife...

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post

When you come inside from the cold outside is it hard to breath? Thats when I usually get it the worst. Feels like inside my home, office, or where ever is so stuffy. The proair helps a bit but..I could use something stronger.

Comment

I dont view it as protecting people from themselves. I view it as getting scumbags who make money off this **** off the street. And I dont agree that the war on drugs has been a failure. Again look at the murder rate from past decades before the 80's. Some places its down over 90%. Thats not hitting a brick wall imo.
                              Making it legal would get those scumbags off the street. Getting a scumbag off the street by putting him in jail, increases the profits of the other scumbags still on the street.

Also there are other factors beyond the drug laws that have impacted that reduction in murder rates.
                              Last edited by jmike; 02-24-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• You might as well legalize percs. Opiods are like weed now. They are EVERYWHERE.
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X