Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some think Jamestown without those first settlers how does any of the rest happen ???
    While many give the New England pilgrims credit for being the first settlers, the Jamestown settlers arrived in 1607, 13 years before the good men and women landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/articles/Ja...#ixzz4ZlBJhHNi

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
      Some think Jamestown without those first settlers how does any of the rest happen ???
      While many give the New England pilgrims credit for being the first settlers, the Jamestown settlers arrived in 1607, 13 years before the good men and women landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/articles/Ja...#ixzz4ZlBJhHNi
      They were fine young cannibals, indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        They were fine young cannibals, indeed.
        they must have been really hungry

Comment

• Here's a totally random thought, but it's true:

While you can pretty much find a recording of any song ever on youtube these days, the actual sound quality on youtube compared to even an mp3 dowmload or a itunes file is horrible.

I only say that because I know quite a few folks who just listen to music on youtube. That's fine for rare stuff you can't get anywhere, or live recordings and such, but for studio recordings, regardless of genre, the originals are what's meant to be heard in terms of quality.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• He's right, y'know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              That doesn't make sense. Its a birthplace, not a parent.
              Here is the bottom line.....
              America isn't a plot of land.....it's an idea. The first of it's kind. It's the idea that citizens can live their lives as they choose and govern themselves. It's an idea that has survived and thrived for 240 years.

And THAT idea....was born in Boston, Massachusetts.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                America isn't a plot of land.....it's an idea. The first of it's kind. It's the idea that citizens can live their lives as they choose and govern themselves. It's an idea that has survived and thrived for 240 years.

This idea no longer exists thanks to corruption
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution came from Philadelphia. Anyplace else that claims "birthplace of this country" is just completely FOS.
                  Soooo whaaat. The original G Dubya was sworn into office in NYC bebe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                    This idea no longer exists thanks to corruption
                    I refuse to believe that.

Comment

You can refuse it all you want, it doesn't change the fact that it's true
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                        You can refuse it all you want, it doesn't change the fact that it's true
                        Yee who knows so little.

God bless you.

Comment

Right, the nation was conceived in Boston, not born.

Comment

Agreed. The idea is still there if the application of it has gotten muddled.

I sickens me a little that so many young people don't believe in the freedom of speech. Looking at college campuses around the nation and the big push in most of them from the activist students is to restrict and control speech. I don't understand how that could have happened.

Comment

Agreed. The idea is still there if the application of it has gotten muddled.

I sickens me a little that so many young people don't believe in the freedom of speech. Looking at college campuses around the nation and the big push in most of them from the activist students is to restrict and control speech. I don't understand how that could have happened.
                              Bunch of pussified liberals that make up their own history.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                                Here's a totally random thought, but it's true:

While you can pretty much find a recording of any song ever on youtube these days, the actual sound quality on youtube compared to even an mp3 dowmload or a itunes file is horrible.

I only say that because I know quite a few folks who just listen to music on youtube. That's fine for rare stuff you can't get anywhere, or live recordings and such, but for studio recordings, regardless of genre, the originals are what's meant to be heard in terms of quality.
                                yea not a lot of people seem to care about the quality.
                                I'm somewhere in the middle. I opt for 320kbps mp3, but FLAC files seem a bit unnecessary to me.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X