This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    That's not really how it works. If you voted, and not for him, then you have the right to voice your concerns. Is it too late? Yea....but that's the reason protest free speech exist. Happens after every election.
    Do his actions surprise me? No....but I AM surprised that he thinks he can just do whatever he wants unchecked. He's trying to run the country like he'd run a business, as the one and only shot-caller. That is NOT why we have a president.
    She would have a point if I didn't vote and I started complaining.

So if the person you voted for lost, you can't voice tour concerns or complain?
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      How about when the Obama Justice department named James Rosen (a journalist) as unindicted co-conspirator?

Talk about being anti free press.
      Nothing Trump has done can compare to that.
      Was this when they doctored video? Id like to know how Psaki got that job. She was absolutely clueless about everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        Pause

I brought up free speech NOT because of Trump or Obama, but because you brought up college students controlling speech first.
        How come you're quick to point out some silly college kids over the President? That's all I was saying. Now you are deflecting and go "But but what about Obama?"

And I'm saying Obama, while he whined about Fox, did not ban them from the White House. That's why I have little to say about the matter. They still went and they still reported..yes with bias.

You're trying to say I'm being biased against Trump and that wasn't the purpose. This wasn't an Obama/Trump issue lol. My sole purpose was why are you getting on college students when the President is calling everything he doesn't agree with fake and banning them.
        I am on college students because they are the not too distant future voice of this country. What that voice is saying right now scares me in its intolerance to hearing other points of view to the point of restricting it. This is a serious problem and should it continue to evolve, this will be a very different country in the future where your future is decided by what group your are perceived to be a part of and your voice no longer has power unless you agree with what you are being told to agree with.

Have you seen the violent riots that have been begun by groups of people shouting about "safe spaces". Or the group leaders threatinging to have people beaten up if they don't leave their "tolerance" rally? They have a very different view of what "safe" and "tolorance" means than I do and it scares me. They have a right to say whatever they want, when they start throwing rocks, which they have, they devolve into the hate group they are supposedly against. Their words say no violence and they probably have it written on the brick they just threw at somebody.
        Last edited by jmike; 02-27-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          That's not really how it works. If you voted, and not for him, then you have the right to voice your concerns. Is it too late? Yea....but that's the reason protest free speech exist. Happens after every election.
          Do his actions surprise me? No....but I AM surprised that he thinks he can just do whatever he wants unchecked. He's trying to run the country like he'd run a business, as the one and only shot-caller. That is NOT why we have a president.
          And he is learning that and he will not be allowed to get away with it and that is good. This president might be the right person to show this country why free speech is so important. He might be a bad choice for now, but some of the things he will bring to light because of his ham handed power push through government will ultimately wake the people of this country up to what is important and bring about the change we need.

I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            I am on college students because they are the not too distant voice of this country. What that voice is saying right now scares me in its intolerance to hearing other points of view to the point of restricting it. This is a serious problem and should it continue to evolve, this will be a very different country in the future where your future is decided by what group your are perceived to be a part of and your voice no longer has power unless you agree with what you are being told to agree with.

Have you seen the violent riots that have been begun by groups of people shouting about "safe spaces". Or the group leaders threatinging to have people beaten up if they don't leave their "tolerance" rally? They have a very different view of what "safe" and "tolorance" means than I do and it scares me. They have a right to say whatever they want, when they start throwing rocks, which they have, they devolve into the hate group they are supposedly against. Their words say no violence and they probably have it written on the brick they just threw at somebody.
            Yes. I think we can all agree that the violent sub-sect of any type of movement is always a horrible idea.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

And he is learning that and he will not be allowed to get away with it and that is good. This president might be the right person to show this country why free speech is so important. He might be a bad choice for now, but some of the things he will bring to light because of his ham handed power push through government will ultimately wake the people of this country up to what is important and bring about the change we need.

I hope.
              I hope.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Pretty simple for me. I do not like who this country recently elected president. I think he was the wrong person to elect. Problem is; he was better than the "alternative" and most American's can only see the choice of two. Nothing he is doing should surprise anyone, he's like a dog trying to find how much power he has in the pack. But this is who we elected and it is too late to complain now. You get another chance in 4 years, do better next time.
                It might be fun to see some one man press conferences

Comment

She would have a point if I didn't vote and I started complaining.

So if the person you voted for lost, you can't voice tour concerns or complain?
                  Sure you can complain, just saying it is pointless.

Comment

I am on college students because they are the not too distant voice of this country. What that voice is saying right now scares me in its intolerance to hearing other points of view to the point of restricting it. This is a serious problem and should it continue to evolve, this will be a very different country in the future where your future is decided by what group your are perceived to be a part of and your voice no longer has power unless you agree with what you are being told to agree with.

What other points of views are they not looking at and restricing?

Comment

The only point of view that has merit is their own. I may not like what somebody is saying, but I will fight like hell for their right to say it.

Comment

Heres an example of the tolerants not being so tolerant.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8

Comment

Sure you can complain, just saying it is pointless.
                          I don't believe that to be true.

Comment

The only point of view that has merit is their own. I may not like what somebody is saying, but I will fight like hell for their right to say it.
                            I'm asking what specifically are they protesting? You claimed they are intolerant..of what? Just anything that doesn't share their viewpoint? I don't believe that.

I think most feel threatened..not just I disagree with your view but i'll leave you alone. I think most people feel as if they will genuinely be attacked for expressing whatever it is they are protesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Heres an example of the tolerants not being so tolerant.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8
                              Do you know her political views or are you assuming them? How do you know if she is liberal or tolerant in the first place? Because she's black.

Comment

I don't believe that to be true.
                                Complaining is not going to unelect him, so it is pointless. Providing a supporting a candidate that would make a good president for the election in four years would serve a better purpose. I would like an election to be about how a candite would make a good president, not another elction about how one candidate is terrible but not as terrible as the other one.

Comment

Working...
                                X