X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Huh?

I never even stated those that DIDN'T vote for Trump aren't idiots. But yes, if someone voted for a man like Trump, it was an idiotic decision. I shouldn't call them idiots because I do not know them. However, it was an idiotic vote that they have every right to make.
    I was assuming the non Trump voters were ok I did use a ? mark.. Much better to say idiotic vote than to call people idiots no ? any how I'm tired

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      People didn't vote for Trump the person, they voted for the idea that it was a change. I don't even blame people who voted for him. I blame the GOP and RNC for thinking this was a good candidate instead of someone with a good head on his shoulders, like Kasich for example. I mean, I'm obviously pretty liberal(registered independent of any party), but I would have voted for Kasich in a heartbeat.

There was no choice in this election. You voted solely on party affiliation.
      The RNC couldn't stand Trump and wanted anyone else but him to win the nomination. Myself included.
      I wrote in John Kasich in November. I was one of the original "never Trumpers".
      But he's the President now. He wants to reduce corporate taxes, reduce foolish regulation and he nominated a good judge for the Supreme Court.
      All I care about regarding this or any other President is the country. If he gets these things done and keeps us safe he will have done a good job, even if he is an idiot....which he is.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Can we vote Zim for president??

Sarc for vice president??
        ehhh....fine....
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I've been calling myself Independent for a while now (I read an article saying Independents don't exist, it was interesting). And actually going to college made me less liberal. Hey what do you know.
          I read somewhere before the election that in the last year the number of new peoples registering were 63% Independent.
          I like bits and pieces of both parties, and disagree with some from each. But, what I hate is that I can't vote in primaries. IMO I should be able to vote for a Democratic candidate and a Republican candidate in the primaries.... then vote for whom I prefer in the general election.

Our two parties seem to be purposely splitting the people... we good, you bad mentality.
          It makes the people busy arguing politics, instead of concentrating on specific issues that need resolution.
          Like, is anyone paying attention to the crumbling infrastructure? Homeless Vets? poor and hungry families? Politicos stealing from Social security? Continued spending in the trillions on military vehicles and weapons while we are allocating more unused jets and tanks and armored vehicles to the dessert. They can say an unused Phantom Jet, made just 5-10 years ago, is NG because it is technologically obsolete. This is where all out taxpayer dollars go, and our politicians just continue to support it's growth because they're all reaping bucks in their pockets. Same goes for our funked up medical industry. MY daughter in law just returned from visiting her parents and her old doctor in Spain and paid one-fourth the amount for a Thyroid med that she gets screwed on here.
          These are issues we need to discuss and solve, bilaterally, But, there's only time for daily bull****, and Trump gives them all the fuel they need to keep us diverted from important issues.

Comment

People didn't vote for Trump the person, they voted for the idea that it was a change. I don't even blame people who voted for him. I blame the GOP and RNC for thinking this was a good candidate instead of someone with a good head on his shoulders, like Kasich for example. I mean, I'm obviously pretty liberal(registered independent of any party), but I would have voted for Kasich in a heartbeat.

There was no choice in this election. You voted solely on party affiliation.
            Thank you Pizz for sharing exactly what is wrong with the current election process. There were literally millions of choices in this election. If everybody who didn't like one of the two major party candidates went to a write in vote, it would have been noticed and likely sparked change. Imagine if 40% of the entire popular vote was for somebody other than the 2 major candidates? You don't think the parties would take notice, find out why and make change? Sure one of the two would have won in the end anyway, but instead of getting a bad candidate and accomplish something, we got a bad candidate and kept the status quo.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Just because it isn't a vote you agree with does not make it idiotic. I have trouble coming up with afirmative arguments to vote for Trump, but it doesn't mean they aren't out there. The only reason I could come up with for voting for him was he isn't Hillary and for me that wasn't enough to vote for him. Others have different perspectives and priorities than I do and can probably come up with a dozen reasons to vote for him. For me, I have never subscribed to the notion of one side v other, which seems to be why we are arguing. You keep saying "but the other side" and I see what the other side is doing as irrelevant to the point about what this side is doing and shouldn't.
              We're gonna have to agree to disagree.

Voting for Trump was an idiotic decision. You cannot convince me. I can't even see how you could.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                The RNC couldn't stand Trump and wanted anyone else but him to win the nomination. Myself included.
                I wrote in John Kasich in November. I was one of the original "never Trumpers".
                But he's the President now. He wants to reduce corporate taxes, reduce foolish regulation and he nominated a good judge for the Supreme Court.
                All I care about regarding this or any other President is the country. If he gets these things done and keeps us safe he will have done a good job, even if he is an idiot....which he is.
                And even still, they messed up. They were all shaking their heads once that nomination came out. All they had to do was be like "You know what? **** it, we're going to do what we want...it ain't you"
                Sadly, they were horrified that splitting the Conservative vote would mean losing another election. Instead, we all lost.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Don't get me started on the GOP.

And shame on the DNC for casting out Bernie. That was totally uncalled for.

Comment

Thank you Pizz for sharing exactly what is wrong with the current election process. There were literally millions of choices in this election. If everybody who didn't like one of the two major party candidates went to a write in vote, it would have been noticed and likely sparked change. Imagine if 40% of the entire popular vote was for somebody other than the 2 major candidates? You don't think the parties would take notice, find out why and make change? Sure one of the two would have won in the end anyway, but instead of getting a bad candidate and accomplish something, we got a bad candidate and kept the status quo.
                    I know a TON of people who did write-ins, Morehead included. But I think that a lot of people fear that it means their vote doesn't count. I disliked Hillary along with the rest, but my vote was strictly defensive. Which is a disappointing way to vote, but...it's a reality.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Don't get me started on the GOP.

And shame on the DNC for casting out Bernie. That was totally uncalled for.
                      Yep...they just COULDN'T DEAL with not having a candidate directly in their pocket.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

We're gonna have to agree to disagree.

Voting for Trump was an idiotic decision. You cannot convince me. I can't even see how you could.
                        So you are sticking with calling 62,979,636 Amercans idiots for disagreeing with you?

Comment

And even still, they messed up. They were all shaking their heads once that nomination came out. All they had to do was be like "You know what? **** it, we're going to do what we want...it ain't you"
                          Sadly, they were horrified that splitting the Conservative vote would mean losing another election. Instead, we all lost.
                          They were cowards and could not stand up for them.
                          The DNC aren't much better. They rigged their own election for Hillary. They thought she was the clear cut runaway winner, and Bernie was old and out of touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            I read somewhere before the election that in the last year the number of new peoples registering were 63% Independent.
                            I like bits and pieces of both parties, and disagree with some from each. But, what I hate is that I can't vote in primaries. IMO I should be able to vote for a Democratic candidate and a Republican candidate in the primaries.... then vote for whom I prefer in the general election.
                            ugh SOOOOO much this....I totally agree, 100%
                            NY is behind the times in respect to that.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

So you are sticking with calling 62,979,636 Amercans idiots for disagreeing with you?
                              You think this is about someone disagreeing with me? Ha ha ha. People disagree with me every day and I don't care.
                              Like you said, Trump couldn't give a rats *** about the Presidency. That alone should be enough reason it to be idiotic.

Comment

Well wait....it's unfair for me to say it's just for that reason....

Personally, I feel most people are idiots. Why just select those 62 million??!?!?!?!
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X