Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why I feel like we should do what Pittsburgh just did with Brown, and extend ODB before he even reaches the end of his rookie contract.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I think I'd rather they franchise him instead of committing long term. He's just so injury prone.
      But 17 million for injury prone player?

If we cant work out a deal with him can we rescind the franchise tag before the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

If we cant work out a deal with him can we rescind the franchise tag before the season?
        It's a lot but it's just a one year commitment. But you're right. He's a risk either way.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

They can recind it at any time until he signs it I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            They can recind it at any time until he signs it I believe.
            I'm actually surprised the FO seems so determined to keep him. $17MM is a lot for an injury prone DE who really does struggle against decent tackles.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

idk so you do a some deal say 5 years what, 70 /80 mil G money at around 35 mil for the same player ? maybe just me but that seems more crazy .. Even through I think 17 mil is crazy money its done and over with next year at this time.. He would be nuts not to sign that tag "July is just around the corner" ....17 million dollars any way jmo .. I hate money talk anyway they are all over paid
              Last edited by byron; 02-28-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                idk so you do a some deal say 5 years what, 70 /80 mil G money at around 35 mil for the same player ? maybe just me but that seems more crazy .. Even through I think 17 mil is crazy money its done and over with next year at this time.. He would be nuts not to sign that tag "July is just around the corner" ....17 million dollars any way jmo .. I hate money talk anyway they are all over paid
                Yea, you and MH are right. Make it a one time thing. Dont keep throwing money down the drain year after year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  I'm actually surprised the FO seems so determined to keep him. $17MM is a lot for an injury prone DE who really does struggle against decent tackles.
                  I can see it this team is a ways from out of the woods you got Eli coming to the end of his deal .. He didn't look so hot last year What about McAdoo is he going to figure **** out or are we going to see more of the same drab offence next year ? If some of these other questions had solid answers maybe throwing 80 mil at jpp makes sense ... Idk I don't really care what they do just get this team fixed

Comment

I can see it this team is a ways from out of the woods you got Eli coming to the end of his deal .. He didn't look so hot last year What about McAdoo is he going to figure **** out or are we going to see more of the same drab offence next year ? If some of these other questions had solid answers maybe throwing 80 mil at jpp makes sense ... Idk I don't really care what they do just get this team fixed
                    Yea, but it's not McAdoo's job to secure the talent. The front office needs to be putting those pieces in place. I mean, we've had years where we thought we had the talent(and likely DID), and were able to do jack **** with it. So, yea, there are multiple problems.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Joe Willie rookie contract was $427,000 in '65, and Gino Smith was at $5mil in 2013.
                      My rookie contract, as a graduate Chemical Engineer in 1968, was $9,300.00... with a wife and a baby on the way, and we figured it was enough that she didn't have to go to work after the baby was born. BY contrast, a graduating Chemist in the same year got $7,800.00

$17 mil? Ugh. All I'll say is that I give him props for coming back without too much of a fall off from the hand injury.
                      Doesn't leave us much ca room.p

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        Yea, but it's not McAdoo's job to secure the talent. The front office needs to be putting those pieces in place. I mean, we've had years where we thought we had the talent(and likely DID), and were able to do jack **** with it. So, yea, there are multiple problems.
                        I with ya everybody thought this past season might be the year .. Looking at the record it looks good defense played great ... What the **** happened to the offence ? was it Eli ,was it Mac' s scheme , was it the running game or the ****ty TE's was it the LT ,WR's with their heads up their *** , Reese and on and on .. yeah they are still in the woods ... time to get out the compass

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                          Joe Willie rookie contract was $427,000 in '65, and Gino Smith was at $5mil in 2013.
                          My rookie contract, as a graduate Chemical Engineer in 1968, was $9,300.00... with a wife and a baby on the way, and we figured it was enough that she didn't have to go to work after the baby was born. BY contrast, a graduating Chemist in the same year got $7,800.00

$17 mil? Ugh. All I'll say is that I give him props for coming back without too much of a fall off from the hand injury.
                          Doesn't leave us much ca room.p
                          I know Zim its GD crazy money... **** it man I'll always watch the Giants play this money **** crops up every year and the media hypes the **** out of it turns me right off...sorry for the rant

Comment

I with ya everybody thought this past season might be the year .. Looking at the record it looks good defense played great ... What the **** happened to the offence ? was it Eli ,was it Mac' s scheme , was it the running game or the ****ty TE's was it the LT ,WR's with their heads up their *** , Reese and on and on .. yeah they are still in the woods ... time to get out the compass
                            Welllllllll......considering past seasons, this was actually a successful season. Not nearly enough talent to win anything, specifically with massive holes on offense, but it was a start.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• It's crazy to think that this team COULD be only a LT, and RB away from being a huge threat
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                Welllllllll......considering past seasons, this was actually a successful season. Not nearly enough talent to win anything, specifically with massive holes on offense, but it was a start.
                                I think they had enough talent on offense to be mediocre. They were awful. Bad coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X