This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Welllllllll......considering past seasons, this was actually a successful season. Not nearly enough talent to win anything, specifically with massive holes on offense, but it was a start.
    Yes it was ..

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      I think they had enough talent on offense to be mediocre. They were awful. Bad coaching.
      uhh...we WERE mediocre though....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

uhh...we WERE mediocre though....
        I thought the offense was puuuutrid

Comment

I thought the offense was puuuutrid
          It was most of the time. It stinks when we've had NO SEMBLENCE of a running game FOR YEARS now. When you don't have that, you cant expect much else to work because it likely means your OL is hot-garbage.

But hey......at least we have Richburg, lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• What do ya think MH. Has Homeland jumped the shark?

Comment

• Gloria Estefan is my fav.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                I with ya everybody thought this past season might be the year .. Looking at the record it looks good defense played great ... What the **** happened to the offence ? was it Eli ,was it Mac' s scheme , was it the running game or the ****ty TE's was it the LT ,WR's with their heads up their *** , Reese and on and on .. yeah they are still in the woods ... time to get out the compass
                I'll say this about Eli, and where he is at...
                Do you remember how Rodgers looked in the first half of our playoff game? Horrid.
                Do you remember how Brady looked in the first half of the Superbowl? Horrid.
                In both of those game the defense was putting tremendous pressure on them, and they looked bad.
                In every game we played this year the defense put similar pressure on Eli because of our lame OLine, and he looked just like those guys did when they were under duress.
                So, I think if we give Eli good protection, he will perform much better and we will succeed... just like Rodgers and Brady did in the 2nd half of those games. Eli is not too old to still be a very good QB for a couple more years.
                So, with JPP at $17mil... and, we still need to secure Hankins and a good OT from free agency... I don't think we have enough cap money for both of those needs.
                So, it would seem to me that Hankins is probably gone, because we MUST have a better OT at Eli's back.

Comment

• we NEVER resign DTs. Unless you can think of one that I'm forgetting.

We draft them, they ride the bench for like 2 years and get worked into a rotation. Then we get 2 really good years from them, and then let someone else sign them in FA.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

we NEVER resign DTs. Unless you can think of one that I'm forgetting.

We draft them, they ride the bench for like 2 years and get worked into a rotation. Then we get 2 really good years from them, and then let someone else sign them in FA.
                    Reese has a decent track record when it comes to drafting DT's minus Austin.

Comment

Reese has a decent track record when it comes to drafting DT's minus Austin.
                      Yea, definitely. It's just a shame we can't keep them lol

Just seems like one of those positions we wont pay for
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea, you and MH are right. Make it a one time thing. Dont keep throwing money down the drain year after year.
                        I think that is the plan. If they can't come to terms I think they either let him take another offer or they keep him one more year. Good player but not $17mm a year

Comment

• Am I worth 17 m a year?
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                            Am I worth 17 m a year?
                            Maybe $17.00 ?
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Maybe $17.00 ?